Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-17, 06:43 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I remember when she was just experimenting with DIY flax gel in the naturally curly forums. She's come such a long way. Very neat.
Yeah, I followed naturallycurly back then when she had just figured out her formula and was going "public" with her company. I like the Gelebration spray, but I'm thinking about trying my own DIY flax seed gel. I had no idea it was so easy...but then I bought flax seeds about a month and haven't done it yet.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 01:05 PM  
Genevieve M

tattooed or implanted eyebrows

Hi,

I just turned 60 (yay!), and predictably, my eyebrows are almost non-existent. I use gel and a really nice eyebrow crayon to define them.

Am curious to know if anyone has had eyebrow implants or tattoos, and what they experience (good, bad, indifferent) has been.

Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 01:33 PM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Hi,

I just turned 60 (yay!), and predictably, my eyebrows are almost non-existent. I use gel and a really nice eyebrow crayon to define them.

Am curious to know if anyone has had eyebrow implants or tattoos, and what they experience (good, bad, indifferent) has been.

I haven't tried eyebrow implants or tatoos, but I have been using a brow growth serum called Rapid Lash for the past 9 months and my brows have filled out nicely. I get it from Ulta when they have a 20% coupon or at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 02:02 PM  
Carol K

I'm 60 also and my eyebrows are still going strong, although they no longer grow over my nose. My younger sister no longer has eyebrows however. I think she just draws them in.
Old 09-24-17, 04:29 PM  
rhbrand

I've been using Castor oil on my brows and it seems like they are filling in better. In fact before I started using it I did some before filming, and in a few more weeks I'll do after shots to see if it really helps. I think it is cause I've actually had to pluck some stray hairs from above and below where I want brows, and I've not had to do that in years.
Old 09-24-17, 06:59 PM  
BunnyHop

A friend (now in her seventies) had her brows, cheeks and eyeliner tattooed 15-20 years ago because she thought it would make her life easier, lessening the amount of time she had to spend putting on makeup.
Unfortunately, her tattoos were aging, not at all subtle, not lovely, and she has to spend time putting on makeup to make the best of what she's got, even all these years later. Frustrating, still.

If you go the tattoo route, do some serious research into finding out what kinds of procedures are available, and have it done by someone with the right training, equipment and colors.

As I understand it, such work can be subtle, lovely and flattering, and age well, but only if it's done right.

It's tattoos on your face, so proceed with caution.
Old 09-25-17, 07:19 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Hi,

15 years eyebrows with permanent make up. Love it! Best decision ever. I receive comments about my "perfect" eyebrows often. I uploaded a face pick so you can look the shape. My skin tone is naturally tan. I have concerns about pale skin and tattooed eyebrows. There are horrid jobs out there. Be careful with the color and seek a professional with extensive experience.

Edited to add that my mom got her eyebrows done at the same time. She's 74 and the color still going strong.
Old 09-25-17, 10:14 AM  
carly

My eyebrows have thinned substantially and grayed. I use a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow to fill them in and to add a depth of color. If I had tattooed mine 10 years ago I probably would be sorry now! I have gone from very dark brown/black hair to gray/white thus needing to lighten my makeup and eyebrows (I still wear my eyebrows darker than my hair to better define my eyes.) Another thing I have noticed is as the eyes age and in some cases "hood" the eyebrows follow. Some women get sloped eyebrows or bumpy sags in their arches - which I would think is easier to correct with plucking and filling in - tattoos would be more problematic.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 10:19 AM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
I haven't tried eyebrow implants or tatoos, but I have been using a brow growth serum called Rapid Lash for the past 9 months and my brows have filled out nicely. I get it from Ulta when they have a 20% coupon or at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon.
Thanks for the info. This may be worth a try. I hear prescription Latisse works well but is pricey! I don't have much in the way of eyelashes either!
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 11:11 AM  
mandie123

Mine are also now gone.Had them tattooed years ago,didn't last long,also have had eyeliner done 3 times,the last time I hated it!Youlreally need to find a very knowledgeable person if you go that route,maybe check for references.

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice