Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-17, 06:45 PM  
sherry7899

Carol- I never look at brown lipsticks either. I tend to always wear berry/rose/red/wine shades.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 06:54 PM  
Carol K

Me too. I asked for a berry red that was not too orange, purple, brown or pink and Rum Raisin is what someone came up with. It's perfect.
Old 09-03-17, 07:46 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
A few quick questions:

Last question (I promise!) I should have started this already, but I was wondering if any of the anti aging skincare products really make a difference or not? I was checking reviews for L'Oreal products for cleanser, moisturizer and eye treatment. I would need to use drugstore products. Anything high end is out of my price range. Is this all just a marketing scam? I've been really basic with skincare since high school-cream based cleanser and moisturizer. I've been lucky to have good skin and not really need anything else. Thanks!

I've spent too much time watching the makeup tutorials on you tube. I feel it's a shame about how many young women there are on there layering on so much makeup when they likely don't need it....

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

After becoming a fan of Dr. Dray on You Tube, I have really come to believe that most of the "anti-aging" stuff is marketing hype and drugstore products are just as good (or bad) as the more expensive products out there. I feel that I have tried it all - well - at least all the drugstore products - I never went in on the high end - the high end stuff for me was Paula's Choice. I think the key really is non-irritating gentle formulas, sunscreen and a retinoid product. I started using Differin even though it is marketed for acne - it is an OTC retinoid product that used to be available by prescription only. I do have oily skin that still breaks out at times, but I'm mainly using the Differin for its retinoid properties. My skin is a lot smoother since I started using it. I put it on over my moisturizer and that has really reduced any irritation from it. I also don't use it every day - it may be best to start every other day and build up from there. I am at the point now where I can use it 3 nights in a row, and then take a night off.

In general the drugstore lines I like most are Cerave, Vanicream, Eucerin (they have an SPF 30 facial sunscreen that works well for me), and Cetaphil (I use the redness relief SPF 20 as my 'foundation').

Thanks for mentioning the products at Sally's Beauty! I may have to order...

I also air dry my hair all the time and I think that it does reduce frizz - I am too impatient to blow dry! I'm trying to experiment w/ some hair products I have left over and trying to mix and match them to get them to work. If I can't make them work together I may have to toss them though b/c my hair has been a sticky mess these past few days......

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 02:01 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

For curly haired VFers

Jessicurl is having a sale with 15% off everything plus free shipping on orders over $15. The free shipping makes it a good time to order some travel sizes to try if you have been thinking about it. See below for codes.

Quote:
"It's Our Quinceañera Curlies!

Jessicurl is 15 Years Old!

I can't believe it sometimes, but here we all are, 15 years later and still going strong. From our humble beginnings, literally in my kitchen, you can now find Jessicurl all over the world today.

We are celebrating by offering you 15% off, use code HAPPY, at checkout, and if your order is shipping to a U.S. address and is over $15, use code BIRTHDAY, and the shipping is on us! These coupons are good until Sunday, September 10.

Here's to many more years together, thank you for all the support over the last decade and a half, and enjoy!
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 02:27 PM  
sherry7899

Donna- thank you! Amazon and some Walmart stores(but not mine) have some products from the Eden line. The Sally's near me does not carry the gel.

Beyondomega- thank you!

Old 09-14-17, 03:53 PM  
sherry7899

On impulse I tried Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick since it is so cheap. It was on sale at Walgreens for buy two, get one free. They are only $1.99 each. I put lip balm on first before testing the lipsticks. I really like them! The packaging is nice, the lipstick goes on well over lip balm, and the color lasted for hours, including through eating lunch. I forget the names of the colors I chose, but I think all were in the rose to deep wine shade variety.

I know this brand has a lot of hit or misses, but I will definitely buy the lipstick again.

Sherry

Old 09-14-17, 05:34 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Jessicurl is having a sale with 15% off everything plus free shipping on orders over $15. The free shipping makes it a good time to order some travel sizes to try if you have been thinking about it. See below for codes.
I remember when she was just experimenting with DIY flax gel in the naturally curly forums. She's come such a long way. Very neat.
Old 09-17-17, 11:19 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
On impulse I tried Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick since it is so cheap. It was on sale at Walgreens for buy two, get one free. They are only $1.99 each. I put lip balm on first before testing the lipsticks. I really like them! The packaging is nice, the lipstick goes on well over lip balm, and the color lasted for hours, including through eating lunch. I forget the names of the colors I chose, but I think all were in the rose to deep wine shade variety.

I know this brand has a lot of hit or misses, but I will definitely buy the lipstick again.

Sherry
I'll have to try it! I love Wet n Wild's MegaSlicks Balm Stain. Their Coverall Pressed Powder is great if you have oily skin and large pores.
Old 09-18-17, 08:02 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'll have to try it! I love Wet n Wild's MegaSlicks Balm Stain. Their Coverall Pressed Powder is great if you have oily skin and large pores.
Thanks! I have dry skin with small pores, but I will check their other types of powder.

I also picked up Wet N Wild gel lip liners. I am using them as lipstick. I like them very much! They last long and the colors are lovely. They are on sale for buy two get one free at Walgreens, and buy one get one half off at CVS.
The regular price is only $2.99.

Guess I've found my makeup addiction is lip colors

Old 09-18-17, 06:14 PM  
seabliss

Re. anti-aging skincare: check out theordinary.com. They have some high potency products for very low prices. They have a bit of a buzz right now on blogs/in magazines etc. because of this.

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice