Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-17, 02:47 PM  
desderata

Quote:
I'm guessing that if you e-mailed this question to Paula's Choice, they would tell you that mixing the AHA with the toner would change the ph level and affect it's ability to exfoliate.
Ah, excellent point! I will ask them. Thanks.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 03:27 PM  
Titus2woman

Don't know if this fits here, but I have been dying to try Korean sheet masks and just did today for the first time. Wal-Mart has a wall of them right now, and I look forward trying different ones (from different places) and making it a part of my regimen.

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 07:41 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Don't know if this fits here, but I have been dying to try Korean sheet masks and just did today for the first time. Wal-Mart has a wall of them right now, and I look forward trying different ones (from different places) and making it a part of my regimen.
What are sheet masks? Is it exactly as it sounds? I have heard a lot about the Korean skin care. Havent' tried it yet. Some of it is really pricey!!
Old 01-27-17, 07:56 PM  
tamib

Has anyone found anything that gets rid of milia? I had high hopes for Paula's Choice 2% BHA but it didn't do a thing.
Thanks.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 10:33 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
I was looking for a gentle exfoliating toner because using even Paula's Choice 5% lotion was causing my skin to peel too much - like constantly. All the toners with a low % of BHA or glycolic acid have bases of witch hazel or alcohol, which are too harsh for my skin.

Has anyone tried mixing like 1 or 2 parts of PC 10% weekly smoothing treatment (glycolic) with 2 or 3 parts of one of her soothing toners? I wonder if that would work as gentle exfoliating toner?
Have you tried Alba Botanica Acnedote Astringent? It's a 2 percent BHA toner/astringent. It's water like in consistency. I use it daily and like it alot. I used to use Paula's Choice 2 percent BHA and got tired of the high price.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 08:09 AM  
desderata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Have you tried Alba Botanica Acnedote Astringent? It's a 2 percent BHA toner/astringent. It's water like in consistency. I use it daily and like it alot. I used to use Paula's Choice 2 percent BHA and got tired of the high price.
No, but I will definitely check it out. Thanks!
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 08:10 AM  
readcookrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamib View Post
Has anyone found anything that gets rid of milia? I had high hopes for Paula's Choice 2% BHA but it didn't do a thing.
Thanks.

Tammy
Tammy, here's an article you might find useful. http://www.carolinehirons.com/2011/0...eat-sheet.html

She's an esthetician blogger with a lot of good info, although I feel like she pushes a lot of higher end skincare.

Changing topic, I finally found an affordable dry shampoo I can use that's not too scented and doesn't leave a white residue--Pantene Pro-V dry shampoo. I'm sensitive to fragrance, and while this isn't fragrance-free, the scent is not too offensive and doesn't linger. I almost want to say it disappears after 1/2 hour. The other inoffensive dry shampoo I've found is the Klorane one sold in Sephora. But it's more costly and does leave a white residue.
readcookrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 08:51 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamib View Post
Thanks.

Tammy
I once had a single very large milia under one eye that would not go away. When Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9 first came out, they had a sample size available that I got on sale for $3 or $4. This took care of the milia and it never came back. Unfortunately, that sample size is no longer available and you can only get the full size for $43.
Old 01-28-17, 08:53 AM  
Titus2woman

Becky, the masks are a disposable sheet of cotton (with cutouts for eyes/nose/mouth) that are soaked in a variety of serums. They are laid over a clean face for about twenty minutes. They are supposed to be used one time, but there's usually enough product in the packet to reuse once. I was surprised to find them at Wal-Mart!!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 10:01 AM  
killoffsonny

Do the serums come with the mask? Sounds awesome. I'll be making a trip to Walmart in the next week!

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice