Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-16, 10:24 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

T-Tapp Debulk Sequences DVD question

From the description on the T-Tapp store:
Quote:
This DVD includes two different 17-minute Debulk Sequences titled At the Barre and Critter Crunch.

At the Barre Sequence primarily reduces all target areas of concern from waist to knee. Don't have a barre? You can use the back of a bar stool or your kitchen counter!

Critter Crunch Sequence is designed to target trim upper, inner and outer thigh "pudge" while leaning out excess bulk.

Also included is Ladybugs Instruction and three featured variations of Extended Linear Stretching from popular, advanced Variety Workouts. It is highly recommend to be familiar with Organs in Place/Half Frogs Sequence featured in the DVD in the back of the book, Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes.
Can anyone say:
  1. What is the At the Barre sequence like? How does it compare to other barre DVDs/exercises?
  2. How does the Critter Crunch Sequence compare to Teresa's other Critter Crunch DVDs (especially Critter Crunch Floor) and floor workouts?
  3. Does Teresa lead off the Ladybug Instructional with OIP/HF, or do you have to do it on your own before doing this instructional? How long is it?
  4. How long is the Extended Linear Stretch training? What is it? Is it something I need to know?
Thanks in advance!
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 07:42 AM  
Demeris

What is the At the Barre sequence like? How does it compare to other barre DVDs/exercises?

At the Barre starts with some very T-Tapp warm up moves for the back and the legs, then it moves to adaptations of her standing balance moves. Except for moving the lateral leg raises to the side and then dorsal leg raises, these sequences aren't much like other barre dvds.

Teresa uses the barre to activate the muscles of the upper body and to provide resistance during the spinal stretching, which she does after each exercises.

It's a powerful sequence. Her barre, which is in a gym, is right at nipple level. My fluidity barre is at hip level. I had to adjust my barre, and I only got it to the bottom of my rib cage--perhaps a shorter person might get the fluidity barre to her nipple level. The activation in some of the moves requires that higher barre, as does those crossovers from her standing sequences.

How does the Critter Crunch Sequence compare to Teresa's other Critter Crunch DVDs (especially Critter Crunch Floor) and floor workouts?

She's taken ONLY the Critter Crunch sequence from her other dvds, including instructionals.

Does Teresa lead off the Ladybug Instructional with OIP/HF, or do you have to do it on your own before doing this instructional? How long is it?

No, she doesn't start with OIP/HF. It's 9 mins long.

How long is the Extended Linear Stretch training? What is it? Is it something I need to know?

Extended Linear Stretch is the final sequence on standing Ladybugs. The Debulk dvd has three versions of it, of varying lengths, from 7 mins to 3. It really works the groin and the inner thigh. You do most of it squatting on one leg while extending the other to work the muscles and get lymph moving.

Do you need it? I seldom do it, but I always feel much better after having done it.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 12:43 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Thanks Demeris! 17 minutes of balance work from the barre sequence sounds great. One more question...can you tell me what exercises are in the Critter Crunch sequence? Does it have OIP/HF and Ladybug? (I have CCF, but I still can't tell what exercises are in the critter crunch series)?
Old 05-03-16, 07:43 AM  
Demeris

So it's not Critter Crunch (which has ladybugs and a few other sequences). The section is Crab Claws, and it's all instructional--17 mins of instructional. I haven't done the Critter Crunch instructional dvd in a looooong time, but I suspect it's the some of the same footage.

This sequences does have OIP, although not HFs.

She does issue a warning not to do Crab Claws unless you've done OIP and Lady bug, but because the lady bug instructional is on this dvd and it's less than 10 mins, you could do that before the crab claws sequence.
Old 05-03-16, 07:28 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Thanks for the descriptions Demeris. It's a little disappointing that she doesn't include Ladybug in the CC sequence even when she recommends it before Crab Claw. So it sounds like you actually have to stop the CC sequence after OIP, go do the Ladybug instructional then go back to the CC sequence where you left off? That seems a little weird.

Thanks again Demeris.
Old 05-04-16, 07:31 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
So it sounds like you actually have to stop the CC sequence after OIP, go do the Ladybug instructional then go back to the CC sequence where you left off? That seems a little weird.
That's exactly what you have to do. This is an odd little dvd. The only new footage is the t-tapp at the barre sequence. The rest is cobbled together from many different workouts and dvds.
Old 05-04-16, 08:27 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
That's exactly what you have to do. This is an odd little dvd. The only new footage is the t-tapp at the barre sequence. The rest is cobbled together from many different workouts and dvds.
I see. I guess CCF is still the best place to get that sequence as an instructional then?
Old 05-05-16, 08:01 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I see. I guess CCF is still the best place to get that sequence as an instructional then?
yeah
Old 05-06-16, 12:43 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Thanks Demeris.