Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-13, 09:26 PM  
woodie

Why is TAs trampoline so "undoable" for me?? Is it my trampoline?

Hi!

So I have the Pure Fun Trampoline that I got from Dicks. It is better than the one I bought online at Target, but I am wondering if it is still not the best choice. I don't bounce as high as Tracy - just don't get the lift. Is there a trick to this or is it really the trampoline? Does anyone have the tranpoline she sells? if so, what do you think? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 10:53 PM  
chrisqan

Her trampoline is a lot firmer, maybe yours is softer so that's why you can't get the lift. She designed it that way because she believes you can bulk if the trampoline is too soft. I wouldn't worry about it- just try to follow along as best as you can.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 07:05 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Her trampoline is similar to an Urban Rebounder, so it's a lot firmer. I also know that people were having problems with the rebounder they bought from TA. It wore out quickly and some of the springs broke.

I tried doing her rebounder workouts on youtube and my jumpsport is too soft so I can't follow along. It was frustrating because I like to stay on the beat. I won't be buying her rebounding workouts for that reason.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 08:39 AM  
azuniga

I have a jump sport and also couldn't keep up with her first two trampoline workouts. Her last one is a little slower so its better for me. I love my jump sport and have heard too many stories of TA's trampoline ripping. I'm not taking my chances and I'd rather be a step behind. I also don't believe about the bulking issues.
Old 03-21-13, 09:55 AM  
momof10

I wouldn't recommend getting TAs rebounder. I love TA and her workouts, but her rebounder is a piece of junk. I bought one and two sets of springs broke within a month. I weigh just under 120, so it wasn't my weight. I called Customer Service and they sent me another one. Well, that one lasted 6 weeks and one set of the springs broke. Now, I have 2 broken trampolines laying against the wall in my workout room. As a matter of fact, on one of TAs rebounding workouts, she is jumping on one of her trampolines with a set of the springs broken. LOL

Her trampoline does have a harder bounce, but it isn't worth the money. I just purchased a Bellicon and all I can say is its absolutely wonderful. It's much better than my Jumsport, too. I love it. I can do TAs trampoline DVDs on the Bellicon quite well.

Cheryl
Old 03-21-13, 11:30 AM  
cpcathy

I hope the trampoline workouts come to Amazon like her other workouts. I don't need a second rebounder!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 12:10 PM  
F1mom

I'm pretty sure she coughed up that 'trampoline bulking' bit as a marketing gimmick to sell her own. Too bad her trampoline couldn't be as perfect as her workouts.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 12:41 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisqan View Post
she believes you can bulk if the trampoline is too soft.
Just curious - did she provide any kind of justification for that belief? Like the mechanics of why that would be? Not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious why she would think that was true.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 12:45 PM  
cpcathy

Well, she says anything repetitive is bulking, like she disapproves of running or kick boxing. I can see a little bit of what she's saying but that doesn't keep me from my mile walk every day on my break.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 01:28 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Hi!

So I have the Pure Fun Trampoline that I got from Dicks. It is better than the one I bought online at Target, but I am wondering if it is still not the best choice. I don't bounce as high as Tracy - just don't get the lift. Is there a trick to this or is it really the trampoline? Does anyone have the tranpoline she sells? if so, what do you think? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

woodie
I have an Urban Rebounder and I am able to get about as much air as TA in her rebounder workouts. The UR is pretty firm (and the ceiling in the room in which I use it is high, LOL).

I'm not a huge TA person, but her rebounder workouts (at least those I've found on YouTube) are choreographed and a lot of fun. (Now, can I actually do it like she is, probably not! But even mistakes burn calories. )

PS: TA claims that pretty much ANYthing repetitive causes "bulking." Just ignore those comments.

Tags
slow twitch, tracy anderson, trampoline, trampoline workout