Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-20, 01:00 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
hi these look really pretty too.Are these and different ones by her on DVD?This is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug8g83betK8
They have 40% off now on one of the sets
The set that was available on dvd is sold out of the DVD now.

https://bohobeautiful.life/our-store/?v=7516fd43adaa

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 01:16 PM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They have 40% off now on one of the sets
The set that was available on dvd is sold out of the DVD now.

https://bohobeautiful.life/our-store/?v=7516fd43adaa
hi it's beautiful.But too expensive for me.Maybe one day.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 01:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Like this.This is pretty.Is this on DVD?

https://www.gaia.com/video/gentle-yoga-beginners
Suzanne Deason from Gaiam/Gaia (which is the current owner of the rights for Living Arts and Yoga Journal videos) has a set number of DVDs that are all filmed outdoors. as noted below, she stopped filming in the mid-2000s. i might be wrong on that - so someone please correct me.

i have most, if not all, of her yoga practices. She also does pilates, and those are filmed indoors.

if you can identify which ones that are the original content to avoid duplication, you should be able to find all of her workouts on DVD. she stopped filming in the mid-2000s. in fact, the ones with a release date of mid-2000s were actually filmed earlier than that but were converted to DVD in the mid-2000s and show those dates as the "release date." prices for her workouts are very affordable and still being manufactured.

fellow Gaiam yogi Rodney Yee filmed many of his earlier and popular practices outdoors.

as far as yoga settings that i love besides Gaiam, they are:
Anything by the brand Udaya - Ultimate Yogi with Travis Eliot, Finding Your Practice with Vytas Baskauskas, Yoga Warrior with Rudy Mettia. some are filmed outdoors and indoors, but the settings and film quality really make these special. Some of these are on youtube.
Namaste Yoga - i just got Season 1 from a craigslist seller, and you can purchase the different seasons on DVD from Amazon at good prices for the amount of content that you get.
Barbara Benagh of Body Wisdom has some great restorative practices that are filmed outdoors. Her Yoga for Stress Relief, Yoga Over 50, and AM PM Yoga are my most reached-for DVDs.
Ali MacGraw's Yoga Mind & Body was the gold standard for yoga video production back in the day - 1994! it is filmed outdoors and is so beautiful and the music is beautiful too. Erich Schiffman leads the video. this is on youtube.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 01:43 PM  
laurajhawk

Don't forget to shop Totalfitnessdvds.com right now during the sale! Everything has clips so you can see which ones you like. And use the code 10off for 10% off your whole order (sale items included).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Last edited by laurajhawk; 07-05-20 at 01:45 PM. Reason: link
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 01:49 PM  
alisoncooks

I haven't read all the replies, so sorry if these are redundant.

I love Jane Adams and I think her location (Glacier Natl Park) is gorgeous. I use her videos often.

Also, Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr (is that right?) has some lovely, scenic backgrounds.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 02:18 PM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Suzanne Deason from Gaiam/Gaia (which is the current owner of the rights for Living Arts and Yoga Journal videos) has a set number of DVDs that are all filmed outdoors. as noted below, she stopped filming in the mid-2000s. i might be wrong on that - so someone please correct me.

i have most, if not all, of her yoga practices. She also does pilates, and those are filmed indoors.

if you can identify which ones that are the original content to avoid duplication, you should be able to find all of her workouts on DVD. she stopped filming in the mid-2000s. in fact, the ones with a release date of mid-2000s were actually filmed earlier than that but were converted to DVD in the mid-2000s and show those dates as the "release date." prices for her workouts are very affordable and still being manufactured.

fellow Gaiam yogi Rodney Yee filmed many of his earlier and popular practices outdoors.

as far as yoga settings that i love besides Gaiam, they are:
Anything by the brand Udaya - Ultimate Yogi with Travis Eliot, Finding Your Practice with Vytas Baskauskas, Yoga Warrior with Rudy Mettia. some are filmed outdoors and indoors, but the settings and film quality really make these special. Some of these are on youtube.
Namaste Yoga - i just got Season 1 from a craigslist seller, and you can purchase the different seasons on DVD from Amazon at good prices for the amount of content that you get.
Barbara Benagh of Body Wisdom has some great restorative practices that are filmed outdoors. Her Yoga for Stress Relief, Yoga Over 50, and AM PM Yoga are my most reached-for DVDs.
Ali MacGraw's Yoga Mind & Body was the gold standard for yoga video production back in the day - 1994! it is filmed outdoors and is so beautiful and the music is beautiful too. Erich Schiffman leads the video. this is on youtube.
Hi Thank You.This one?This does look good Is this on DVD?I really want this on DVD.I love this.I can not afford this right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmW5Og4VBg8
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 02:28 PM  
alisoncooks

I also like GAIAM AM/PM Stretch with Madeline Lewis. It has a nice setting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3quHN6d5A
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 02:33 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Wai Lana Yoga has beautiful scenery and she wears bright colored outfits! Collage sells her workouts, and they are having a 15% off sale right now with the code JULY4 😊

https://www.collagevideo.com/collections/wai-lana
Old 07-05-20, 02:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Hi Thank You.This one?This does look good Is this on DVD?I really want this on DVD.I love this.I can not afford this right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmW5Og4VBg8
yes it is on DVD. around $8 shipped from amazon. everything i mentioned is on DVD since that was your original question.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 03:16 PM  
Mickey12

Element yoga DVDs are filmed outside and are beautiful. Mary at Total Fitness dvds has several of them. You can watch clips and decide. As someone else posted, Mary is having a sale now and you can also use the 10off code.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor settings, yoga