Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-28-20, 10:19 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I did not know about Amazon essentials. Mary's stuff is cute, too, but I am wondering about the fit of her tops. I am curvy with decent sized shoulders, smaller waist, and some hips.
The tanks I linked to should probably fit you. They're not too snug (but snug enough to not fall over my head in a forward bend), and they're long enough in the body to work with curvy hips and not ride up. I'm also curvy but not big up top, so I'm not sure how that would be, but think probably OK.

(I did buy one of Mary's "holiday novelty" tanks and didn't like it as much. It has really big armholes so I have to wear it with a bra, and it seems flimsier.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 10:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

When I work out at home I like to wear some of my old rock concert merch tee shirts.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 10:33 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
When I work out at home I like to wear some of my old rock concert merch tee shirts.
Good idea!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 06:42 PM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
One of my favorite workout tanks ever is from Mary Crowder (yes TotalFitnessDVDs Mary): https://oriactive.com/collections/ta...lumeria-design

I have two, purple and black. They're soft and comfy, fit me just right, and aren't showing wear after frequent washings for three years. I wear them by themselves if I don't need support, or over a bra for cardio/public classes.

And you can use the 10off discount code for 10% off everything!
Laura, I love these too! I have two as well - in black and gray; I love them for all the reasons you state above!
Old 06-29-20, 09:39 AM  
sherry7899

I have not bought them, but Jockey is having a sale:
https://www.jockey.com/catalog/produ...otton-rib-tank

Hanes also has tank shirts for good prices.

Old 06-29-20, 09:55 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have not bought them, but Jockey is having a sale:
https://www.jockey.com/catalog/produ...otton-rib-tank
Those are 100% cotton, which is nice to have.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 06-29-20, 09:58 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Those are 100% cotton, which is nice to have.
I like that as well! I hate the moisture wicking fabrics. They honestly make me sweat more.

Old 06-30-20, 09:49 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
One of my favorite workout tanks ever is from Mary Crowder (yes TotalFitnessDVDs Mary): https://oriactive.com/collections/ta...lumeria-design

I have two, purple and black. They're soft and comfy, fit me just right, and aren't showing wear after frequent washings for three years. I wear them by themselves if I don't need support, or over a bra for cardio/public classes.

And you can use the 10off discount code for 10% off everything!
How do these fit? Do they run large or small? I have some tanks by Bella that I love but these are really nice. I need something really light and soft.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 10:55 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
How do these fit? Do they run large or small? I have some tanks by Bella that I love but these are really nice. I need something really light and soft.
To me they seem like a normal fit, not large or small. I wear size small and that's what I wear in almost everything. They are lightweight, so I'm kinda' surprised mine have lasted so long, now that we're talking about them!

Old 07-01-20, 05:13 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Thanks for the suggestions on this thread. I have gained some weight unfortunately and my workout tops are snug. I prefer a traditional tank top for exercise now anyway, it doesn't need to be a special exercise one. Just one that's a little loose and not tight is all I need. I may order some of the Amazon essentials ones.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank top, workout clothes, workout clothing, workout top, workout tops