Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-20, 05:33 PM  
laurajhawk

Red face Katami 4x4 case : What’s the trick?

I just got this set and I’ve done two workouts. Both times I felt like I was wrestling with the case and I’m not even sure how I eventually got the discs out. I’m even afraid of damaging them. I haven’t seen this type of case before: What’s the trick?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 06:00 PM  
CharM

This case is gonna give me gray hair. I bought my set used, and the discs were perfect until I got my hands on them. I don't now how to describe how to get them out, I was thinking, "push down", but that's not exactly the case (har har). If you could imagine they were upright, I'd tell you to push in a southerly direction. I just looked again, while holding the top of the disc, push down towards the clear plastic lip/hump on the bottom.
Let me know how you fared!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 06:05 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I thought at first it was like Cathe’s original STS set but it’s different. If you put your finger in the hole of the disc and push on the bottom edge of the disc down towards the bottom edge of the case (not towards the back of the case but the bottom) it will slide it out from under the two prongs that hold the top of the disc in. Then the disc comes out easily from the lower rim that holds the bottom of the disc in place. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for asking this because I at first was put off with that huge plastic case but you helped me realize it’s not as challenging as it looked at first. I love these workouts though. They’re worth the effort of removing them from the case.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 07:15 PM  
kristiep

I had the same issues with my set when I first got Katami 4x4. I finally pulled them all out and put them in a generic multi-DVD case.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 09:58 AM  
laurajhawk

THANK YOU for these replies. The "push down" instruction (and "south") makes sense to me. I'm going to go try it now and report back.

ETA: YESSSS that works perfectly. I even wrote "PUSH DISC 'SOUTH'" on the postit inside the case where I track the dates done, because if I don't pick them up for a year sometime I'll forget.

I love VF ... I was feeling soooo stupid about these but I pep-talked myself that out of all of VF, I knew someone else would have had problems with this OR not have had problems but still be kind enough to look at theirs and explain it to me. I LOVE VF. That is all.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 01:31 PM  
CharM

Thanks for reporting back and not leaving us hanging. I'm glad it worked, and good idea about the note, I'm going to have to do that myself since I'm sure I'll forget, too.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 02:06 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
THANK YOU for these replies. The "push down" instruction (and "south") makes sense to me. I'm going to go try it now and report back.

ETA: YESSSS that works perfectly. I even wrote "PUSH DISC 'SOUTH'" on the postit inside the case where I track the dates done, because if I don't pick them up for a year sometime I'll forget.

I love VF ... I was feeling soooo stupid about these but I pep-talked myself that out of all of VF, I knew someone else would have had problems with this OR not have had problems but still be kind enough to look at theirs and explain it to me. I LOVE VF. That is all.
I'm so glad it worked! I just finished the set on Saturday and it took me awhile to figure out how to get the dvds out as well. But once I figured out the "push disc south" it was so much easier and I've had no trouble getting them out. I like the "push disc south" because I was thinking "down" but it really isn't down. It's south. Great verbiage.

Also love VF for the same reasons! Love the kindness, camaraderie, and generosity of VF'ers! This is a great place!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4 system, packaging, paul katami