Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-20, 08:48 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. We’re having a few nicely cooler days with less humidity so I took a nice 40 minute walk tonight. Felt great. Yesterday I rested.

Vannie the breeze was blowing gently on my walk. In the shady areas it was so cool and peaceful, like your tree Yoga I imagine.

Cher hope you had a great strawberry day.

Gibbee and Jbliff I am looking forward to Cathe’s newer, shorter DVDs.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 08:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, sounds like a lovely walk. I'm glad you're getting nicer temps but can you send them back this way, please?? Almost 90 today and the next couple days. Ugh. Humidity is only in the 40-50% range though so that helps.

I keep forgetting I preordered the new Cathes.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 06:08 AM  
Cher

We picked our strawberries yesterday. Spent the day cleaning them all and made 4 jugs of strawberry vodka, 17 jars of strawberry freezer jam, some in the fridge for strawberry shortcake and to put in my yogurt and froze a couple bags.

Vannie - That’s nice that your dad is still here for a bit longer. Sounds like he’s having a nice vacation. Your yoga under the tree sounds wonderful!

JBliff - Basically You get a big jar and fill about 3/4 with whole strawberries (poke a slit of two in each one), then pour Whipped Cream vodka over it. We also add about 3/4 cup regular vodka too. Let sit until strawberries start to turn a light color (about 5 days), then strain through a cheesecloth.

Karen - Glad your having a couple lower humidity days!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 07:14 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was ICE RESE Kickbox and core premix.

Cher - That vodka sounds super decadent!

Karjoy - We've been having great weather here too. It hasn't gotten up past 72 degrees the last several days. I wonder how Cathe plans to film her new series and whether she'll have a cast.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 05:52 AM  
Cher

DH got my bike out so decided since the weather was nice I’d go for a bike ride instead of exercising in my basement. I rode to one of the Tiny Libraries about a mile away and got a book (& gave a book), then rode out to the cemetery where my FIL is and watered the flowers. Then went for a ride to town and back. Ended up riding about 70 minutes total.

JBliff - The strawberry vodka is so good when it gets flavored with the strawberries!
Old 06-18-20, 06:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Still having cooler nights here but getting hotter during the day. Still it isn’t too bad. I walked 40 minutes after work and used a favorite fairly shady route.

Jbliff I didn’t think about Cathe and her filming. Her filming studio has a huge almost garage style door to the outside and they could increase ventilation by keeping that open. That’s where the caterers delivers the food on Cathe trips.
Seems like they could pretty easily stay 6 feet apart and use only their own weights etc.

Vannie we are supposed to hit the 90s this weekend. Ugh...

Cher strawberry vodka sounds heavenly.

Hi Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 09:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Wed 6/17
21 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 26 Sunrise Feel Alive Yoga Flow and day 27 Morning Yoga for Your Back, YT) W-AM
23 minutes (from Classical Stretch S11E10 Mobility) on TV, 1st time T-PM
25 minutes (from Yoga in Practice S1E11 The Art of Connection-core work) on TV, 1st time
25 minutes (from PT exercises pelvic stability & glute strength) W-PM

Thu 6/18
33 minutes (from 2.8 mi for 10k trainer wk6 day2) W-AM
11 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 28 Morning Yoga to Kick Start Your Day, YT) R-AM
14 minutes (from SarahBethYoga Mobility Yoga for Posture, Upper Back Pain & Rounded Shoulders, YT)
23 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory) W-AM OUTSIDE

I had a really crabby day yesterday. Just everything irritated me. The VHS workout I had planned wouldn't play and then Miranda's claim that you don't need weights to strengthen bones bc your arms weigh smthg just drove me crazy and the news ticked me off, blah blah blah. I finally baked rocky road brownies. The 9x13 pan is already half gone.

Today was better in that I wasn't cranky but I just feel out of sorts and I miss my moms and I miss baseball and I'm tired of our TV shows and my music and I just don't know what to do with myself!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-19-20, 06:08 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher:When I read your post, I thought it said 70 MILES. HAHA!

Vannie: Great workouts you've been getting in. I get like that, too. EVERYTHING is irritating.

Karen: KCM filmed at Hill Studio a couple weeks ago with 2 backgrounders. I was thinking she was going to have 3-4 and then reduced the number for spacing. They also delayed filming for several weeks. I figured Cathe's would be at her studio sometime soon because of space and that Greg is filming again. Maybe she's waiting because she wants to keep her typical 4 backgrounders. I don't know. I bet if the garage doors are up the outside noise would be too much. Maybe she's filmed them and hasn't told us?

JB: We have been upper 80's day after day. I'm not outside much so it hasn't bothered me, although I think DH's truck needs the A/C flushed because it takes waaaay too long to cool off.

Check in: Tuesday: RAW Solo Dumbbell
Wednesday: Leslie 30 minute walk (Cher - that 30 minute walk I messaged to you is good!)
Thursday: RAW Solo Dumbbell
Today: 12 minute Jessica Smith Power Walk on YouTube

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 07:50 AM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, thanks for commiserating with me. I even yelled at Cyric the last two mornings and immediately felt like a monster. I am usually more patient with his barking at the neighbors' dogs.

Old 06-20-20, 06:29 AM  
Cher

I couldn’t talk myself into a basement workout so I went for bike rides again both Thursday and Friday. Today I will have to go to the basement whether I want to or not and do a strength workout of some kind.

Gibbee - 70 Miles! I’ll have to give that Leslie a try!

Karen - Heat and humidity has cranked up here.

Vannie - I hope you’re starting to feel better (mood wise). I get that aggravated with everything often feeling....especially now with DH home with me ALL THE TIME!

Waves JBliff!