Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-14-20, 10:45 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

AnMrsDe--yes, some rest days feel like anything but, so I feel like I need to note that, ha! (lol on your kitty nose smudges!)

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 05:06 PM  
T2B

AsSweet - that’s great that your daughter loves school. What have you been up to? Yes, I started working from home when the shelter in place order was put in place. I go into the office once a week. As long as we only have 2 or 3 people in the office daily I’m ok with going in. My company is not in a rush to get everyone back in the office. As a company we are more productive working from home. The downside is that we have daily conference calls. My manager can’t seem to wrap things up quickly. A 5 minute conversation takes 30 minutes with her. She means well but has no chill.

Cher - glad you found something that is working for you. I got an email that my local WW was opening the onsite meetings again. I’m surprised, the meeting room was always packed and the chairs were arranged so that you were sitting hip to hip. I’m going to do this on my own for awhile. ! Did you pick your strawberries this year?

AnMrsDe - I just watched Season 3 of Ozark. Loved it. ! I watched a Russian tv series that was enjoyable but the English voiceover was weird. Ha. It sounded the same for every character. Lol. Cheesy, mindless fun. I enjoyed Bodertown, too, wonky voiceover as well. I love some of the international tv series’. I watched the Chris Hemsworth movie, plot whatever, but I enjoyed the movie, lots of action. I’ll be watching Hannibal soon (watched it on NBC), thought it was great but it was impossible to hear sometimes when I watched it live. Lol. I remember cranking my tv up just to hear the dialogue. I enjoy The 100 too, but way behind on that. I’m hearing that Schitt’s Creek is good. Season 3 of Marcella just dropped so will be watching that sometime this week. I start a lot of Netflix shows/movies and never finish. Still haven’t figured out how to remove them from my watch list. Uncut Gems is on my to watch list as well. I’m sure you get more activity doing your daily outdoor walks, landscaping at your house, your parents house and your son’s house, plus babysitting. I must do many workouts to increase my step count. You v 2 has been one of my best purchases of all time. Can’t believe I’m still doing these workouts daily. I guess I could do housework but 30 minutes at a time is my limit. I managed to get 70,000 steps this week. Hope you had a great weekend!

Char - loved the story about visiting your parents. Glad you had a good visit.

tangerine - Sending healing vibes for your knees. My knee/hamstrings feel great now after using my new mat. Could it be time for new shoes, too? Sucks not to be able to do what you want to do when you’re willing to do it. Cathe’s barre/floor work in Lean Legs & Abs, Great Glutes and XTrain Legs are great for strengthening the areas that are causing you pain, at least for me.

Dorothy - how is your friend doing now?

Donnamp - My condolences on the loss of your mom.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 06:21 AM  
Cher

T2B, our WW meetings are still not opening here. They are opening a few in the Metro Detroit area to go in and weigh but no meetings. I won’t be going to just weigh-in especially since the closest one is about 30 minutes away so it’s not worth it just to weigh-in. I called about strawberry picking last week and they said they should be ready maybe towards the end of this week. I’m going to give them a call again today because we want to go the first morning they open. They are doing it a little different this year with the COVID stuff going. They are making you wear gloves & masks and they are going to have an employee stay out there with you and give you a section to pick from. We normally can just walk and pick wherever we find big strawberries. I won’t pick any if they are to small.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

T2B -Thank you!!!
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 03:17 PM  
tangerine

T2B, yep I got some new arch supports for my shoes recently and they seem to be helping. The only Cathe I have is Kickmax unfortunately, but I'm putting in lots of glute/thigh work via other means. Thanks for the good thoughts!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 05:26 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

T2B, that's so sweet of you to remember my friend who had the perforated colon last Nov, wore an ostomy bag, then had the reversal surgery in early March. She's doing quite well! Took a couple months after the reversal surgery, but she's pretty much living her life like before (despite a few lingering digestive issues that doctors say will resolve in time as she heals even more).

So a miracle of modern medicine, good fortune and the supportive thoughts & prayers of family, friends and even caring friends of friends, like you!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 06:49 PM  
T2B

Dorothy - awesome news about your friend, Heidi (?).

Cher - I hope you get a good patch of strawberries. Earlier is probably better before it gets too hot, especially since you have to wear a mask. I wore a disposable mask today which is slightly more tolerable than the cloth masks. I think it’s the wire nose strip that made it more tolerable. I also wouldn’t go into WW just to weigh in. I know that some people need that face to face contact and to be weighed in in person to stick to a plan but not me. I weigh myself everyday. It’s when I stop weighing that I need to watch out .

tangerine - I admire your tenacity and I’m happy that you’re seeing improvement.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 05:36 AM  
Cher

T2B, I’m not a fan of the weight work in SJP either but I’m not a fan of any kind of weight work so that premix gets in a little of everything and gets the job done in a hurry! I did go lighter than I used to in the old days and on the static lunges I just wore my weighted vest and didn’t do the very last set of pulsing lunges because I’d had enough.
I called yesterday about strawberry picking and it’s starting today instead of Friday like they said last week. They open at 8 am so going this morning.
I weigh at home pretty much daily too which helps keep me on track.

Dorothy, so glad to hear you’re friend Heidi is pretty much living her life back to normal! That’s great!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 02:04 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post

AnMrsDe - I just watched Season 3 of Ozark. Loved it. ! I watched a Russian tv series that was enjoyable but the English voiceover was weird. Ha. It sounded the same for every character. Lol. Cheesy, mindless fun. I enjoyed Bodertown, too, wonky voiceover as well. I love some of the international tv series’. I watched the Chris Hemsworth movie, plot whatever, but I enjoyed the movie, lots of action. I’ll be watching Hannibal soon (watched it on NBC), thought it was great but it was impossible to hear sometimes when I watched it live. Lol. I remember cranking my tv up just to hear the dialogue. I enjoy The 100 too, but way behind on that. I’m hearing that Schitt’s Creek is good. Season 3 of Marcella just dropped so will be watching that sometime this week. I start a lot of Netflix shows/movies and never finish. Still haven’t figured out how to remove them from my watch list. Uncut Gems is on my to watch list as well. I’m sure you get more activity doing your daily outdoor walks, landscaping at your house, your parents house and your son’s house, plus babysitting. I must do many workouts to increase my step count. You v 2 has been one of my best purchases of all time. Can’t believe I’m still doing these workouts daily. I guess I could do housework but 30 minutes at a time is my limit. I managed to get 70,000 steps this week. Hope you had a great weekend!
T2B, thanks for the TV recs! I always like to hear what everyone is watching! I loved Season 3 of Ozark too - much better than Season 2. I couldn't get into Uncut Gems but DS liked it...I don't know, maybe it was the role Adam Sandler was playing....not his usual raunchy self, LOL. Also, check out Locked up on Netflix....even though it is filmed in Spanish, you'll have to read the captions (unless, of course, you know fluent Spanish, haha). I just LOVE prison series, so I didn't mind "reading" the movie! It is similar to OITNB & Wentworth (but not as raunchy...close but not quite)!// Touche re: the steps I get during the day (while you are stuck at your computer & too busy for bathroom breaks!) That's just crazy stuff!! You still managed a great step count for the week! WTG on that!! Hope you're enjoying your free week so far!!

Cher, I was wondering when the infamous "strawberry vodka" would put in its' appearance!! Glad the Covid thing didn't keep it from happening!

Dorothy, that's great news about your friend and how she overcame all the health obstacles in her way! I love happy stories like that!

Clerkin, you haven't posted in awhile....does this mean you are not at home but at your daughter's awaiting the little bundle of joy????? Please keep us apprised of these things, if and when they DO actually happen!....

amg, I just wanted to add here how great you're doing with your consistency this month!! I'm glad our check-in has helped with that! :0) And I'm glad to have another Cathe fan in our midst!!!! <3

Have a good week, everyone!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 08:10 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, I'm glad you can work from home, way less stressful with all this coronavirus situation, I hear you on the phone calls though. I've watched seasons 2 and 3 of TWD, I can't wait to watch the next season. I also re-started my Japanese language lessons, and have watched a couple of Japanese movies, they both were good, and some music as well to habit my ears. I did the same while learning French, although it was easier since I live in a French speaking province. Wish me good luck

CharM, I am glad to read that you and your husband were able to visit the parents.

Dorothy, I remember about Heidi, glad she is doing so well, God is good.

Cher, strawberry picking has fun!

AMD, your comment about your kitty's nose mark on the window was funny.

Wave to all.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts