Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-09-20, 08:25 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday I did a treadmill walk and gardened in 50 degrees with pouring rain. Had to go in to work and do a few things, then threw my stuff in the suitcase. Got up at 3 am to get to the airport this morning. Not many people flying, but the plane to Atlanta is 2/3 full.
T2B, Lily is better. They think she had roseola.
Jane, I hope all is well with your job.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 10:58 AM  
AnMrsDe

Chrys, wow, you go from 90* to 50* pouring rain, all the while working in your flower beds!! You're a better person than me!! Hopefully you can rest/sleep on the plane some...safe travels.

Jane, you must have mixed emotions about work. Hopefully everything will work out. Enjoy not having to wear those pantyhose just yet!

T2B/Cher, Yes, I am getting my "baby fix" from watching my little girlie! Her parents are very, very grateful I can watch her...esp. with all the daycares being closed, etc.// I wish she was a grand baby!! I would spoil her R-O-T-T-E-N!!! Until that time actually comes, I need to watch other babies to get my fix, since the churches aren't open yet to work in the nursery again.

It's threatening rain here and supposed to be stormy later this afternoon...I guess it's 'clean the basement day' for me then! LOL
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 12:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you Jane! I hope everything will go well with your job, AMD's comment about the pantyhose made me smile.

Chrys, have a safe travel!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 03:47 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
tangerine - what is VCR day?

Hi to everyone else!
Hi T2B! It's a holiday of unknown origin that celebrates the VCR - "Rewind to the past and celebrate the humble Video Cassette Recorder (VCR) on June 7, VCR Day. This unofficial holiday of unknown origins encourages people to learn more about the technology that completely changed the way people watched television and recorded memories. "

here's a bit more on it: https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/vcr-day

I thought it was appropriate for us vidiots!

I have some Taebo Advanced Lives and Original Firm workouts as well as David Swenson's Short Forms on VHS so I'd planned to use one of those but my knees are still recovering so I posponed it to later.

Hi to everyone else - hope you are all doing well.
I'm still trying to take it easy so my knees fully recover...but it's so hard, I tend to want to push myself. Working out makes me feel good with the endorphin effect so I'm trying to move a little each day and get some of that without going too fast too soon and hurting them again. Never had knee issues before, so this is a new one for me to navigate. I'm glad the checkin is here, keeps me motivated.

clerkin how exciting, hope everything goes smoothly with your daughter!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 10:18 PM  
T2B

Jane - I’m glad you’re enjoying your time off. I think it’s great that your state is being extra cautious. I can also understand the anxiety about the future. Going back to work is another kind of anxiety. I think it should be a requirement that all managers go to work first and experience what their employees would go through being back in the workplace.

tangerine - That’s interesting, and funny, about VCR Day. I still use my humble VCR occasionally. ). What is going on with your knees? I finally bought a mat to go under my rolling desk chair. I had been putting off buying a mat because I didn’t think working from home was going to be a long term new normal. I have my “office” set up at my dining room table {dining room is carpet with a rug on top) and was starting to feel the strain in my knees when I pushed my chair back from the table. I have to say to myself each time I want to walk away from the table, “stand up, push your chair back, walk away”. If I didn’t say my mantra, I’d push without thinking, knees twinged. I was like I have not been working out all these years, being cautious, to wreck my knees pushing away from a table. My mat will be delivered tomorrow.

AsSweet - for some reason I was thinking all kids were done with school for the year. How does your daughter like her internet school? I bet she misses playing with her friends.

AnMrsDe - Next week is my staycation. I’m exhausted. They’re lucky that I don’t chuck my laptop to the moon! I won’t have to look at another email or have daily conference calls for a week. How can everything be a priority? Did you do the Cathe FB workout with Nate yesterday? He’s in my favorite Cathe Live - Love Me Some Kickbox. He should be in Cathe’s next kickbox workout.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 04:00 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post

AnMrsDe - Next week is my staycation. I’m exhausted. They’re lucky that I don’t chuck my laptop to the moon! I won’t have to look at another email or have daily conference calls for a week. How can everything be a priority? Did you do the Cathe FB workout with Nate yesterday? He’s in my favorite Cathe Live - Love Me Some Kickbox. He should be in Cathe’s next kickbox workout.
Ha, well it sounds like you definitely deserve a staycation!!! So what Netflix, etc series will you be watching? I'm sure you need to catch up on them, right??//I did not do the Cathe/Nate workout the other day...I was busy at my parents. (Oh, who am I fooling - I already worked out that day - ain't gonna happen again later in the day(!) - that craziness is for you, ha!), but I watched it drinking my coffee this morning, LOL. It looks good and I bookmarked it. I didn't know she lets him lead the combos, etc.!! He's a real pro. Wish he'd be included in a dvd!!

Tangerine, hope your knees get to feeling better! I do the same thing....I know I should take it easy when they complain, but I ignore it and keep on keepin' on.... I'm still working on that....

~~~Waves to all~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 07:41 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Char, I normally like Jenny Ford’s workout but I found her Checkout set very boring too.
Oh good, I thought it was just me. I did Weights today, and I'm already sore. It's not one of my favorites, but I guess it got the job done.

Tangerine - I hope your knees are feeling a little better since your last update.

I hope everyone's doing ok.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 06:17 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Oh good, I thought it was just me. I did Weights today, and I'm already sore. It's not one of my favorites, but I guess it got the job done.
Char, Hmmm, maybe I should give that weight workout another try. That’s great you we’re able to visit your parents. Cute story about your DH dropping you off and picking you up from a date.

T2B, Enjoy your staycation! You definitely deserve it! I haven’t been doing the WW Zoom meetings. They are way to boring to me. Are you on Instagram? I found a couple good WW people on there that post some good ideas of stuff to make so that’s been helping me stay motivated.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 05:49 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, she misses her friends for sure, but she is doing pretty good actually, she like the classes via Internet, they are not too long and she finds them fun, she is good at doing her homework too. And she does video-calls with her best friend from time to time, so not too bad. I didn't know you were working from home, at least you will get a little break with your staycation, enjoy it!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 09:40 PM  
tangerine

T2B, I'm not really sure, it just seemed to happen suddenly. I think it was either overuse injury and/or some muscle imbalance that was exacerbated by the HIIT/step workouts I've been doing. I had a lot of pain all around the knee cap and cracking noises and it hurt more if I bent my knees. The pain and cracking noises have gone down mostly with rest and the knee strenghtening exercises I was doing, it still hurts to bend it though and have to be careful not to push the workouts too long/hard or it all just starts hurting again.

That's funny about your having to be careful pushing away, I can totally see that - glad the mat will be here soon! Enjoy your staycation!

AnMrsDe, thanks! my HR monitor doesn't help either...all those numbers that could be EVEN HIGHER TOMORROW if I just push A LEETLE more!! But I guess I better take it easy for a while.

CharM, thank you! They are quite a bit better, just have to let them rest. Haven't heard of her Checkout Set but I like Jenny Ford's step workouts - I can't get into her hi-lo ones though. She's such a sweet person and a good instructor too. Did you get the $1 deal for her workouts?

Chrys, hope your trip is going well!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts