Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-20, 05:06 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Step Sync. Love this workout! Just plain fun!

JBliff - Glad you got to eat out! Our new cases for our state are about 100 something daily lately. Down from 5000 a day a while back.

Vannie - Humidity is very high here today and big chance of severe storms and possible tornados tonight.

Karen - Nice job taking your band to work and doing a few exercises when you had a break! I always enjoy getting away to the lake especially when we get great weather. I just love Michigan summers when the weather is at it’s normal.

Gibbee - How are you doing?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 08:10 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was ICE Metabolic Blast mishmosh premix with blizzard blasts mixed in.

Cher - Yikes, I hope you don't get a tornado. We've been very hot and humid here too. It's been in the low 90s.

Karjoy
- There's no talking to some people . It was nice to be out for a change but DH said it wasn't as much fun as he expected. I guess it's because we're still trying to avoid being too close to anyone.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 11:09 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did the jump rope workout I skipped yesterday. It was another of the type I hate: jump 30 sec, hold a pose/stretch for 60 sec, rest 30 sec, repeat for 10 min. I'm skipping past anymore like that. What a waste of time. TurboFire Stretch 10 always feels good on my shoulders after jumping rope. Cleaned house today bc my dad will be here for a few days. I ran tonight after our last walk, 2.56 mi for wk5 day2 and usual YFR after. Oh yeah, did Kassandra day 22 before breakfast.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 05:20 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s 5 Really Big Miles - Mile 1 and Five Parks Yoga Back & Hip Strength & Stretch.

JBliff - We did get some storms and some areas got it pretty bad but we were lucky here.

Vannie - I hate workout days like you had. That is nice that your dad is coming to visit you for a few days.

Waves Karen & Gibbee!
Old 06-11-20, 07:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, thankfully it was just the short jump rope workout that made me cranky! The rest of the day went well. Listening to a station my mom found on Pandora helped the cleaning go better. It was upbeat plus I felt the connection to her.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-11-20, 01:16 PM  
JBliff

Drive by: yesterday's workout was 55 minutes on the elliptical.

Waves to all!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 07:54 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys I’m beat. Did not sleep well last night so I am taking a rest day today. It’s
been a long week.

Vannie jump rope workouts are so hard! Some people hate Burpees, I hate jumping rope.

I think Florida is now ramping up again in Coronavirus cases. Started with Memorial Day weekend and then we have the big Forth of July beach holiday
weekend coming up. Sigh...

Night, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 10:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, my hated exercise is mountain climbers! To be fair, my hip doesn't like them either so there is that. I do them on a step or bench if I have to do them. I enjoy jumping rope but some days I am not so coordinated!

Our humidity really dropped today for some reason. You can tell by looking at me about where the humidity is. Today my hair has no pep. The last few days have looked pretty good. When I got home from dry AZ I went from flat and lifeless to Monica Geller in Barbados (on Friends)!

This morning I did Kassandra day 23. We walked 3 1/2 mi after breakfast, the longest walk since before we went to AZ. I never got in any other workouts bc I had to finish cleaning and run to Walmart and GNC. We did get our other two walks in though. I won't try to workout while Dad is here, just the three walks a day. Cyric was so excited to see him!

Old 06-12-20, 06:00 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jessica Smith Powered Up Walk from her 10 minute dvd and KCM Body Shop Workout #1.

Vannie - That is nice you found a station your mom liked and it helped you feel closer to her. Our humidity has really dropped here too. Your hair /humidity description is funny! . Enjoy your visit with your dad.

Karen - That stinks FL cases are ramping up again. Ours have been a lot better so far. We are in Phase 4 of 6 here and northern Michigan is in Phase 5 of 6. I heard this morning that Detroit has been averaging 20 new cases a day which is pretty good for Detroit since at one time, they were in the 1000s per day. I hate mountain climbers, burbees, jump roping....anything of that nature.
Old 06-12-20, 07:06 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, that's great that the new cases have slowed down there. I honestly haven't followed it much since I got back home. I pretty naturally social distance as it is and am already a germaphobe so other than hubby working from home the past months and wearing a mask to the store, my life is not much different than pre-covid. Well, actually in some ways it's way different but not bc of covid.

Saw my chiropractor again yesterday. The dizziness is still there but really does seem to be getting better little by little. It's unbelievable how jacked up my body got. I go back Wed. I've stopped wondering when I can go back to my usual schedule. I'll get there when I get there!