Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-18, 01:35 PM  
deineira

Hi,
I just signed up this week. I've only looked at it briefly so far, but I decided to take the plunge. Do you have questions about it?
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 05:53 PM  
AnMrsDe

I signed up! Thanks, Isebelle, for the reminder, as their email went to my junk mail! I guess I won't be re-subscribing to MyYogaWorks now....

(FYI-You can still sign up today and receive the $9.95 monthly price even though the 10 day free trial would be over June 9).
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 06:54 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I signed up too.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 07:20 AM  
Poodlepants

I signed up the other day. I am wrapping up the first 36 days of Ultimate Yogi, but I am going to visit my in-laws in the UK for a couple of weeks at the end of the month. I don't want to hog my MIL's family room and TV for 60-70 minutes a day. I am going to switch gears and start Yoga 30 for 30 a few days before I travel to MIL's house. I can do 30 minutes of yoga on my iPad and stay in the guest bedroom. This way, I don't need to tie up my MIL's TV.

I did start the Meditation 101 practice in the meantime. I have been poking around the site. I am kind of bummed there is no music in the standalone practices. One of the things I love about UY is how the music swells and recedes with the intensity of the class. I'll try it with an open mind.

I also like Lauren's demeanor. I only know of her as a participant in UY, but she does some of the meditations in the Meditation 101 program and I really like her in them.
Old 06-01-18, 10:52 AM  
AnMrsDe

I did Travis' Mid Day Quickie this morning....20 min. class with lots of vinyasas and repetition which was the focus of staying in the breath throughout. Like! I missed the music too, but I play my own in the background.

Poodlepants, Yoga30For30 classes have (great) music like UY and crescendos when the intensity builds. You will LOVE them---they are fantastic!

So far so good for me....Travis' hair seems curlier...
Old 06-01-18, 02:26 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I signed up! Thanks, Isebelle, for the reminder, as their email went to my junk mail! I guess I won't be re-subscribing to MyYogaWorks now....

(FYI-You can still sign up today and receive the $9.95 monthly price even though the 10 day free trial would be over June 9).
Hope you enjoy it! I decided against it, as I have enough Streaming subscriptions. I tend to use them all regularly, but there is one exception. I am looking at you Suzanne Bowen, as I never do your workouts!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 09:28 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Hope you enjoy it! I decided against it, as I have enough Streaming subscriptions. I tend to use them all regularly, but there is one exception. I am looking at you Suzanne Bowen, as I never do your workouts!
Same here. I am an SBF subscriber and never do these. I did the annual membership, and it was cheap, so it's fine, but I won't renew based on the current usage. I occasionally use them when I'm traveling, but never when I'm home, for some reason.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 10:36 AM  
Poodlepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I did Travis' Mid Day Quickie this morning....20 min. class with lots of vinyasas and repetition which was the focus of staying in the breath throughout. Like! I missed the music too, but I play my own in the background.

Poodlepants, Yoga30For30 classes have (great) music like UY and crescendos when the intensity builds. You will LOVE them---they are fantastic!

So far so good for me....Travis' hair seems curlier...
What kind of music do you use? I am looking for suggestions.
Old 06-04-18, 12:18 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I totally understand! That's why I probably won't be subscribing to MYW again.

I did Day 1 of Lauren's Yoga Challenge and LOVED it! These challenge classes have music, so that's cool. I liked all the classes I've tried so far, so I'm thinking I will like this site a lot. I found out how I can add my favorites (I just need to "favorite it" beneath the class)...From what I can tell, there isn't a favorite's list to pull up quickly; you need to bring up each class and see if you chose it as a favorite. So it's not the best site for being easy to navigate, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
What kind of music do you use? I am looking for suggestions.
I found a really good CD from this site: https://www.soundstrue.com/store/naw...chog-5499.html which has lots of options for music during yoga.

I have his Music as Medicine CD - it's great! Some of their CD prices are cheaper than Amazon, but they're also available as downloads as well. Scouting around the IDMT site, I noticed that Travis mentions his CD, The Meaning of Soul (which is available to buy on Amazon 9.98 also). https://www.amazon.com/Meaning-Soul-...l+travis+eliot

Personally, I think he should stick to yoga, LOL, but you can check it out. I think mostly I just like to have some soothing background music playing during my yoga classes.

Enjoy! Let us know how you like Yoga30For30!
Old 06-04-18, 02:28 PM  
GeekyGirl

I signed up too but haven't done much with it. I plan on having a yoga fest with Travis and Lauren this summer, lol.
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote