Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-16, 06:23 PM  
yahoo205

Being an Older Mom Fertility (Over 40?)

Anyone have a healthy child (especially first child) older in life (preferably without IVF, etc)? I'm especially interested if you had one after 40, really even after 42.

Feel free to respond with all your experiences and any positive or even negative comments. I'm bracing myself

Thanks.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 07:29 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Anyone have a healthy child (especially first child) older in life (preferably without IVF, etc)? I'm especially interested if you had one after 40, really even after 42.

Feel free to respond with all your experiences and any positive or even negative comments. I'm bracing myself

Thanks.
I have a couple of friends who conceived after 42 and had healthy, delightful children (both had one son).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 08:07 PM  
PhyllisG

A friend just had her first child at the age of 40. Both my sisters in law had their first child at the age of 41. All had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth to healthy babies.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 08:25 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I had my last baby at 41. No problems; uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 08:40 PM  
desderata

My sister had her only child at 40. No IVF, just the old fashioned way. She had an uncomplicated pregnancy and a very healthy little boy.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 09:00 PM  
Buzzer

I had LB 20 days before my 41st Birthday... she is healthy, overly happy and completely perfect!!

One of my friends was born when her Mom was 45. She is the most bubbly person I have ever met, and just thinking about her makes me smile.

Totally doable, possible, and I recommend it! I heard once you will never regret the kids you have, but you will regret the ones you never had
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 09:08 PM  
bfit

One of my friends had given up on having a baby and then found herself pregnant at 45. She had a healthy son who is now 10 years old.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 12:11 AM  
videofit

My sister had her last baby in her mid-forties, but not deliberately.
Old 04-13-16, 06:28 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I know a handful of women who conceived naturally in their mid-forties. One had a child with down syndrome (who's doing great!) The rest were without any complication. However, I do think natural conception after 42 is not common. A conversation like this makes it sound so, but it is not as easy for many as it might seem. Certainly, fertility treatments (and contraception) make it hard to get a sense of that.

Yahoo, have you seen a doctor to discuss your 'odds?' There are some pretty simple tests they can do to help you assess where you might be on the fertility continuum!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 06:41 AM  
bubbles76

My grandma had my uncle when she was 45. Uncomplicated pregnancy, he is very healthy. It's odd that he's only ten years older than me, he is more like a cousin haha!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fertility, ivf, mother, pregnancy