Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-10, 08:30 PM  
Richie

Question Denise Austin: 3-Week Boot Camp - suitable for use on a rebounder?

Hi all,
I've just seen the clip at collage and am just wondering if Denise Austin: 3-Week Boot Camp would be suitable for use on a rebounder? It seems like it could be, does anyone have it?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 01:53 PM  
Richie

Anyone? or is this too new for anyone to have yet!
Old 02-03-10, 02:36 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Richie, this is more of a toning workout than a cardio.

One section alternates between strength and cardio type moves. I don't remember enough to consider the rebounder. It does have some plyo moves, but it is 20 minutes including warmup and cool down. So it may have 8 minutes of cardio.

The other section is all kettlebell inspired moves and doesn't have any straight cardio.

So, the answer is, No, not really a rebounder workout.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 02:40 PM  
naturallove

I thought about renting this from Netflix (yes, a Denise workout!) but one of the comments made it seem like this was a very beginner-level workout. Thoughts?
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 03:42 PM  
lindseylu8

I got this a few weeks back, but havent done it yet. I am planning on doing it this week, hopefully tomorrow. I will report back!

I was under the same impression as LynnO-mostly strength work. So probably not the best on the rebounder. Though the cardio segments could prob be done on the rebounder. Will think about it when I do it.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 06:26 PM  
Richie

Thank you, ladies!
Old 02-04-10, 12:34 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
I thought about renting this from Netflix (yes, a Denise workout!) but one of the comments made it seem like this was a very beginner-level workout. Thoughts?
I'd say the first workout is more beginnerish, but could easily be made int to int/adv by using heavier weights.

The second is kettlebell inspired and does a lot of compound moves. I used my 18 lb kb for the one and two handed swings and used moderate wts 8-10 lbs for a lot of the rest of it. Used 15s for some moves. This workout is more int and could be made int/adv.

The ab workout is int/adv and is interesting - not straight crunches. Half turkish getups, planks, uses wts.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 01:01 PM  
lindseylu8

I did the two 20 min segments this AM. As far as using the rebounder, I would say you could keep it nearby for the first routine and do the cardio on it. But it wouldnt be appropriate at all for the 2nd one.

The first one is 18 min + c/d and 1/2 that is cardio. I would say this is low intermediate. A beginner could do it but I probably wouldnt say its a true beginner w/o. She does show 3 intensities for the cardio moves so you could choose which intensity you want and stick w/ that. It was easy to modify up. In the strength segments-she uses only 1 set of weights (which I hate) because we all know we need a variety of dumbbells.

The 2nd one has a lot of kettlebell inspired work (I used a dumbbell and have no KB experience). Like Lynn, I used a variety of poundage. There was no actuall cardio but the moves did get my HR up. I would say this is a solid intermediate w/o and like Lynn said-you can easily modify it up.

I modified both up and felt pretty worked and was quite sweaty by the end. Its more of a functional strength dvd IMO as I dont think my muscles will feel sore at all tomorrow but there is too much strength to be a cardio w/o. Definate cardio effect...

I liked it enough. Denise is Denise. I dont expect an advanced w/o from her. I also dont expect stellar cueing-though her cueing was actually very good in this one.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 02:09 PM  
Richie

Thanks for that little review, lindsey!

Tags
boot camp, denise austin