Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-20, 12:55 AM  
Helen

Every Day in APRIL - Hey, a new checkin will give you something else to DO!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
[aka 'The Cleda and Lili Show!']

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

If you're in stay-at-home mode, self-isolation, or total lock-down, having a new checkin will give you something NEW to do!
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 03:10 AM  
Helen

So.... How IS everyone? Hasn't it been the loooongest week?!
My buddy is mostly at home too, and has been wanting to do something every day, rather than just 3 days/week.

1st-Apr
YouTube - Jake Dupree - Full-Body Toning Workout, 45min with buddy via FaceTime
2nd-Apr
YouTube - Richard - Sweatin' to the Oldies 1, 45min with buddy via FaceTime
3rd-Apr
stand by....

Just finished making new thread - I agonise over what pics, & the bottom blurb every time - takes me AGES!

Cait will be home in a few days as work & uni are both called off. She's expecting to be home for around a month.
Bridget has been home for a week - her honours year at uni has been deferred for 6 months. She's has been out for a walk, but just heard her come in, and we're planning to skate.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-03-20, 01:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Helen, thanks for starting us off! Love the furry friend yoga pose pictures! I’ve been trying to get outside every day. We live in a sparsely populated area so social distancing is not difficult. We are right by the sea & also have access to lovely forest trails.

April 1:
~Essentrics class on Zoom taught by my friend
~6 km trail walk
~ePilates Online: Pilates Mini Ball Class 1 - This was very nice, 30 min, used a squishy Pilates ball. It had some inclined core work similar to Barre3 which I’ve always liked. Also lots of Glute work, all in all effective & enjoyable with excellent instruction.
~My own yoga practice....headstand, forward bends, gentle back bends, hip openers

April 2:
~1 hour gardening, that’s my limit, not an exercise exactly but got me outside
~Walking Online Workouts: Park Walk - I decided to do a month subscription again as I love the music & her non verbal cuing. Sometimes silence is golden....
~Fellow VFer JackieB’s Essentrics class on Zoom
~Ellen’s Prayer Flow - I do love this one, an all standing blend of yoga & a little ballet, some nice balance work too. My subscription ends next week, not renewing. As much as I love Ellen, I’m not feeling the love for a lot of her newer workouts, too slow moving & repetitive.

I’ll return later with today’s offerings....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 04:34 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thank you for your wonderful intro! I didn't even realize that I was posting my first April workout in March! I'm sure it will be nice to have both of your girls home, despite the reason.
Pam - how nice that you have great places to walk nearby. Our dogs have definitely benefited by this shelter in place climate. Walking them is one of our only distractions!

4/2 - TURD
4/3 - dog walk and Body Pump 101, upper body mix. Added 2 miles with Leslie on my rebounder.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 07:45 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Kept checking

Because Helen does the BEST intros.

I was giving her until tonight and then if she didn't do it, I would have done it (sans the cutest pictures in the whole wide world.)

I'm here! I will check in later.
Just need my arrow.

Waves to all!
Welcome to April!
Be back later!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 12:50 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

April 3:
~another hour gardening....tilling & weeding....my back wasn’t especially happy after
~Virtual Essentrics class
~Walking Online Workouts: 30 min walk
~My favorite yin poses

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 04-04-20, 05:02 AM  
Helen

Sat 4th
YouTube - Bob Harper - Total Body Transformation Workout, 60min, with buddy, via FaceTime
It was HARD!

Hi Pam! Really glad to see you back! Weeding gets to my back as well.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-04-20, 09:16 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Decided to get my workout in early today, no chance to be a slacker.
45 min Sweat Steady Ride with Jess King. Not my favorite. I wasn't crazy about the instructor, and the title was a total lie! It seemed like it was going to be all out intensity for the entire ride (maybe that's where the steady state came in?), so I modified a lot.
10 min Smokey Robinson Post-Ride Stretch with Hannah Marie Corbin. This was a winner!!! Of course, the music was the winner here, the stretches were pretty standard.

Glad to see Cleda popping in! Waves to Pam & Helen!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 09:38 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

On to April .... Officially!!!

Hi everyone! I'm here .... First installment - here we go.

Helen: Thank you so much for getting us started. I don't know why you lament over the intro. Your pictures are ALWAYS wonderful and you do such a great job. I think we should have many many more people (but they have to click to stop in.) Enjoy the girls while they are home. (and I agree - no matter what the circumstances are.) Back to a simpler life. (with some technology of course!)

Pam: I hate gardening (I'm sure I"ve said that before). But it does get one outside and I"m glad that you are doing it. Your surroundings sound wonderful!!! Enjoy your social distancing. Good going on the workouts too.

Lili: I saw you in March, but figured I'd wait for April. I have to constantly check my calendar, phone and watch to find out the date and where I'm at. So easy to lose track of the time and the days. If it weren't for the fact that I'm now on to more than 1/3 of the year with every day in ___ ... I'm sure I'd be having TURDs. But alas ~~ I must continue. I see you posted since I checked. . . . I don't do Jess King (I think because I got the impression all of her rides are pretty much all out - I could be wrong - but your comments reinforced it for me.) and I remembered when I was listing favorites, I forgot Hannah Marie Corbin. I enjoy her rides, but I admit, I haven't done one recently (too busy with so many others.) At any rate ..... Glad you got your workout in early. I'm still procrastinating. (it's Saturday after all! )

Waves to everyone else! Hope you post/check in soon.

On to me, me and all me.

4/1/2020: Rebecca Kennedy's 30 minute Fun Run (run/walk - I liked it a LOT!!! and actually got faster!), 60 minute Matt Wilper endurance ride for the challenge, followed by 10 minutes Denis Morton Cool Down ride + stretches.

4/2/2020: Power Zone 30 minute ride with Christine, followed by Power Zone 30 minutes with Olivia (this was a SUPER easy PZ ride. Easiest - honestly one I've ever taken. 18 minutes of work. 2 minutes in zone 2, 1 minute zone 3 for 6 sets. ! ) I was pretty tired, so this was perfect for today. Followed by stretches of course!!!

4/3/2020: Thinking of Lili and diving into some dvds to see if maybe I should just cancel Les Mills (I probably will) ... I pulled out some old favorites (or so I thought - I can't remember what ones are which.) KCM - Slim Sculpting - kettlebells + KCM's Kickboxing (one of her early ones. It was great. Slow, controlled movements. This is one of my favorites of hers.) + 30 minute low impact ride with Christine. One I wanted to try - with AWESOME music. All in zone 2. Easy peasy. and of course, a stretch.

So, there we have it. Will be back later to check in for today. No doubt a PZ ride (I need 2 more to get my team my maximum score.) I'm on a roll. . . . But definitely the easier days felt great!

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 09:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

April 4:
~Functional fitness....sweeping, mopping, cleaning, & organizing - DH and I did a cleaning binge, he vacuums and I clean. I completely emptied my little workout studio & did a number on it. I have a steam mop, which I love, & I did all my yoga mats too. I have a 6’ round mat, a couple of sticky mats, & cushy Pilates mat.
~Neighborhood walk
~Ellen’s Power Express - I like this one, 15 min of high rep/low weight with basic compound moves
~headstand practice
~MFML: Yoga Detox & Energize - This was lovely & twisty.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn