Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-20, 07:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Linda, yes we are moved, finally! Because of the coronavirus situation it will take time to get things done that we want to do (the DMV is closed and most stores are closed).
I don't like the adjustable dumbbells because they are too long and awkward/cumbersome (my DH has some). I need to buy a set of 10 pound and a set of 9 pound dumbbells but I'm going to wait until I can go to a store and see how they feel in my hands. I'm picky about the dumbbell feeling right in my hand. I don't like the handle too wide and I can't stand bumps/lumps on the neoprene handle (it's too distracting when I workout).

Anny, we had a nice walk today. We walked to the city's water tower. My grandson was surprised at how tall and enormous the water tower was.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 08:54 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Today my niece, grandniece and I had a LPW. For

Today's Workout: I did Segment Two from Margaret Richard's Good For You.

I should be doing some stretching as well but haven't worked up enthusiasm for it yet.

California is now recommending we wear masks at grocery stores and other retail places -- although preferably not medical ones as health care workers need them. I'm trying to figure out how to rig one up using extra-strong paper towels!

Anny: Three to four months seems to be how long it takes for the corona virus to run its course, although it looks like we'll have to continue being careful for a long time after that.

Paine: I like hearing how you and your grandson are exploring your new neighborhood!

Linda: Aw, that's too bad about your sweetie! My boys say thanks for the return ear cuddles. Cats often settle down as they get older, although I have to say Potter is still in touch with his inner kitten.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 09:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, we might be on the mask order soon too. I actually have one from work and DH has them from yardwork if needed. However, I have seen several make your own tutorials.
Here's a paper towel version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9MnDsUyYAA
And cute kid on using a long-sleeved t-shirt (for a Ninja mask but I think it would work!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZMtBLhRzwk

There are a lot of other options on YouTube, especially if you sew.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 10:40 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

30MTF Body Design Upper Body Strength and Barre segment from Stronger/Leaner Lower

COME ON! I love Kelly's shout "come on!" It's been a long time since I've done a Kelly workout and it was nice to workout with her this morning.
Old 04-03-20, 08:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine I don't remember Kelly's shout during that workout--was it during the chair portion or before? Maybe I'll try to work it in tomorrow.

Today I did another lovingkindness meditation...this one is towards yourself, a group of your choice, and all beings.
https://youtu.be/CK0BJwePm7g

ETA: TGIF!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-03-20, 08:41 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Friday!

This morning I got in a LPW, again going to visit my library branch. All looked well. I even ran into our security guard, who is still on duty although just the outside right now. It was nice to see a familiar face. No walks for Saturday through Monday as rain is moving in (and this girl doesn't walk in the rain!).

Today's Workout: Segment Three from Margaret Richard's Good For You.

Beth: Thanks for the mask links! The directions for the paper one look good but a little complex with all that gluing. I do know how to sew, but I no longer have a sewing machine. I think I'm going to just continue going without one on my LPWs, but rig up something for grocery stores, etc.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 08:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, a paper towel lining a scarf is probably as good as anything else. I went out grocery shopping today and did see more masks than when I was last out around a week ago, but probably only about 1 in 10 or less.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-03-20, 09:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, Kelly always says "Come on!" when she works out! I'm sure you have heard her say it. She says it a lot.
Thanks for the meditation!

Sandra, I don't like walking in the rain either.
I wear a mask to the market and it's annoying because I have to wear my reading glasses on the tip of my nose to pick out items and read labels and the warm air from my breathing comes up through the mask causing my glasses to fog up. It is so infuriating! I hate wearing a mask for that reason but I'll continue to wear one at the market.
Old 04-03-20, 09:46 PM  
YogaGal

Sorry to be AWOL this past week. All is well health-wise; I'm just trying to get used to a work at home schedule with a DH at home all day wanting my attention for something or wanting food. Plus figuring out how much news to watch to stay updated, but not to get sucked in or agitated or anxious. And learning new techniques for safe grocery shopping and unpacking. I got a 2 work at home projects early this week; one was a shorter one which I finished today, and another one is a long-term collection development project that will give all of us adjuncts something to work on (and get paid for) while the Reference Desk is closed.

Here's what I've been up to exercise-wise for the past week + a few days:
Wednesday (March 25): KCM’s Body Shop #2 and Sarah Beth’s Relaxing Stretches to UNWIND After Work
Thursday: Walk outside with DH
Friday: Kundalini Lounge with Mariya Self-Healing to Prevent Lung Problems
and Sarah Beth’s 15-Minute Anxiety & Stress Relief

No workout on Saturday, but I did do Beth’s “Be Kind to your Wandering Mind” meditation.

Sunday: 3-mile walk outside with DH after making a quick grocery store run in the morning. It’s crazy when going to the supermarket and cleaning everything when you return home is so stressful.
Monday: KCM’s Strength & Stamina, #1 (2-set premix) and Sarah Beth’s 15-Minute Anxiety & Stress Relief
Tuesday: Jessica Smith’s Pyramid Power Walk from 30 Day Plan Set and Kundalini Lounge with Mariya Self Healing for Neck (this one was Hard!) and Prevent Lung Problems (I like this one!)
Wednesday: KCM’s Lean Body Circuits “Legs” mix and Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Cool Down Lower Body
No workout on Thursday, then on
Friday: KCM’s Split Session #1 Upper

So glad to see Linda back! I'll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Old 04-03-20, 10:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine it's funny how people notice different things...I do know she says "come on now."

Carolyn, DH & I are still trying to negotiate both of us being home too.

Follow me @YogiBethC