Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-20, 11:02 PM  
Helen

It's the weekend, so catch-up time.

Tue 3rd Derby Training, 2 hrs
Wed 4th 5.3km walk with school sport
Thu 5th Jessica - Kickboxing Circuit
Fri 6th Shaun - Booty Time

every day so far....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 05:34 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I’ve got to get back to daily check-ins. I get too far behind and can’t remember what I’ve done. Besides, I can’t let Cleda carry us alone!

3/5 something with Leslie.
3/6 - KCM’s Fitness RX, workout 1.
3/7 - Les Mills The Trip. This was my first time trying one of these rides. There is a coach doing a voice over instruction with a video game feel. It was a good workout, but I prefer the ones with real people.

Not looking forward to the time change tonight, as it throws me off for weeks.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 06:54 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Nice to have my buddies back!!!

LOL ... you guys make me smile!

Helen: So good to see you and YAY on the EVERY DAY ....

Lili: Gotta be honest here - - I frequently mix you up at first glance with Kay! I don't know why (I think it's the dog avatar.) but then I have to go -- No! Wait! That's Lili, not Kay! But glad to have you back every day to check in.

Me, me and all me. . . almost done with week 1 of goals:

3/7/2020: 45 minute Run with Olivia (Peloton) on the treadmill. I have to say, this consistency works. My speed was up. Far faster than ever. Maybe as body weight goes down, consistency goes up, I will in fact get faster. (Bearing in mind that faster is still a snail's pace and I'm aok with that!!!!) Tacked on a 10 minute cooldown walk and then did 5 minute (Peloton) Dead bug abs (makes session #2 for the week).

To complete my week of goals, I need one more ab session and one lower body session. On the docket for today.

I also ordered a deep tissue massage (kinda looks like a gun) thingee from Amazon. I had some problems with my hip and thought it was from running. But the more I thought about it, it was from Gin's workout. Probably the lunges and such. It was fine within 24 hours. Got some form pointers on running from Daphne, which I used on yesterday's run. Yesterday's run though, my ham string on the same leg started talking to me (almost cramping). At mile 3. So, I stretched and got a good night's sleep. Again, this a.m.? Feels fine. So ... I'm anxious to see how the deep tissue massager feels on these sore areas when they occur. You all know I suffer terribly from DOMS at any given workout. And I won't even talk about the tension I carry in my neck and shoulders.

after today's workout (Cuz I'm doing my weeks: Mon-Sun.) I'm on to a new week with the same goals:
  • Run: 2-3x a week
  • Mile a day (on either treadmill - can be combined with above, elliptical or outside)
  • One each: Upper body, total body, lower body session
  • Abs: 3 sessions a week

Then whatever else I do (bike?) can be whatever I want. I need to look for and remember what the old KCM premix I used to use for lower body. It was quick, I loved it, it got the job done and involved sideway walks with a band, some curtsy dips, and a few other things. Hmmm. Must recheck MORE logs. (I hit 2018-2019 and couldn't find it.) I could probably do a search here at VF and find it also!

I have also been enjoying walking on the treadmill or elliptical on the days I do the bike. I walk for 20-30 minutes to warm up as I read (yet another goal and working my way through my latest book!) Did I mention how happy my fun rides made me this week? (Big Band ride? 70s rock ride?)

it was fun going through the old logs. I actually had some months where I only had 2 workouts. I can't imagine that, but there it was in black and white. Other months, you could tell my focus (steps - recordered them) Run bets, step bets, etc, etc. It was actually kinda neat. I should look at the one from 2011 and see what IT says. . . Yes! I save them all...

Ok, off to get gas at Costco, a few supplies at BJs, home to exercise, off to Pokemon and then dinner with the family in celebration of birthdays! (We're way behind.) I worked yesterday, so the weekend is short.

Make it a great day.
Till either later tonight or tomorrow!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 07:48 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just the workout (believe it or not!)

And my weekly goals have been met!!!

3/8/2020: 2.5 miles on the ellipitcal. 30 minutes lower body (peloton) with Matty. 5 minutes dead bug core with Christine (Peloton). 30 minutes with SAm Yo Pop Ride**.

** I was not super thrilled with this ride. it was just MEH. but I know it was getting the job done. I am so used to Power zone training. Most everything else (for me) pales in comparison. I like having a purpose, knowing what I"m doing and sustaining things for more than 20 seconds. Oh - and my legs were sore from the strength segment previously, so I couldn't get cadence up to 105-120 to save my soul. Oh well .... Still a good workout.

I got a Vibration Massager Device!!! It's charging as I type and I'll try it tomorrow. Supposed to help with lymphatic fluid, DOMS, sore muscles, etc. I'll keep you all posted.

New week begins tomorrow.
Cleda
Old 03-09-20, 10:21 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - if I ever find a picture of myself that doesn't make me shudder, I'll have to use it for my avatar. Until then, you are stuck with Baxter and the mix up with Kay. I do picture Ur looking something like Baxter, so I can see where you are coming from.

3/8 - treadmill run with Runerval Iron Girl. Since I have my distance down, it's time to work on speed work! I need the structure of a coach to do that. It's quite humbling to run with a woman who's pregnant enough to be showing and she's running 2-3 miles/hour faster than me. I will never be that fast and I'm fine with that, but it's still a little discouraging.

Old 03-09-20, 04:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

3/9 - 5K dog walk in this glorious weather and workout #2 from Strength RX.

Old 03-10-20, 04:51 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Definitely the UR factor

Lili! I think you are so right!!! And fwiw? Every time I see my avatar I think, "I really need to change that! I don't look like that! Who is that old woman with white hair?" But then I remind myself, I am who I am !!!

Figure I better keep checking in. I may be taking a rest day soon (not rest, rest - but stretching and meditation. I'm on a 2020 roll and who knows? It may just continue.) But anyway, I am a bit sorer than I would like to be. And I must be careful.

3/9/2020: 60 Minute Peloton ride (Women's History Month) with Christine. Music was all motivational choices (and I liked it!) ~ all women's songs. It was great. More of a party than a training ride! I didn't think it was too hard. even though the graph makes it look like it was. Power Zone has gotten me in great cycling shape. Most classes pale in comparison to difficulty level. as far as length of intervals go. I won't talk about tabata. They are tough no matter what. I followed up with 1 mile on the elliptical at night.

I hate having to split the workout up. But I also know that everything I'm reading lately says to do 2 sessions. To offset the sitting all day (desk job) that it's a good idea to move at night. So if I don't get to my mile in the morning, at night is a great option. (and possibly the better one?) but I don't like having to do it at night. I like it done, done, done when I walk out the door for work.

Oh and Lili? Peloton has different workouts that supposedly help with speed. I get them all confused (not promoting peloton here). But I will say that after using the app and doing different programs, i.e. intervals, hill training, etc, etc. . I *AM* getting faster. Which I was not sure would ever happen. And I KNOW you run wayyyyyyyyyyyy faster than I do.

That's it for now. More later.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 03-11-20, 05:18 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

How Did EDIM end up on page two?

And I couldn't access it through "NEW" posts. Uh - oh ... Let's change that ....

How's everyone doing??? I don't even want to say the C-virus word. So I won't.

3/10/2020:
2 stretches. Both Peloton: Becs 10 minute stretch for runners and then CDE's 10 minute total body stretch. I also did Cardio Drench on the Bellicon (30 minutes and I count it as my mile as I got far more than 2k steps in!!!)

My left leg has been soooo sore since doing the leg workout on Sunday. I don't know if it was the lower body workout, all the workouts or what, but boy has DOMS been horrific this time. That is why yesterday was just a small workout with lots of stretches.

I got one of the massage guns and have been using that also. I was beginning to wonder if that was contributing to the soreness, but I don't think so, since it's my left leg (probably imbalance? I dunno!) and the right leg has been fine and I've been using the massage gun equally on both.

At any rate. . . This is the reason why when I'm doing a PZ challenge, I do NOT do a lot of strength training. Good grief. 2-3 days recovery for one 30 minute strength leg workout. Are you kidding me? And this isn't an age thing, this is how I've always been. believe it or not.

So anyway .... I muddle on ... The next challenge starts soon, so it will be back to bike, bike and all bike!

Gotta run. I should at least get my mile done before going into the office and then determine if I want to do something tonight. I have been having fun with different rides on the Peloton. Theme rides, fun rides, some rides that were duds. . but hey - they can't ALL be winners.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 03-11-20, 07:34 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I'm here Cleda! Delaware is still one of the only states without confirmed cases of the virus, but that can't last long. My son is already talking about not doing the race at the end of the month due to crowds and germs. He is probably wiser than I am, but I'll take my chances.

3/10 - a regular dog walk and a Les Mills Body Flex stretch. I need to do more of them!

Today will be a spin, since I didn't get to it yesterday.

Old 03-12-20, 04:43 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Happy to see you

Lili!!! Keep us posted on the race. I have such mixed emotions on the whole thing. Since you don't have any confirmed cases, maybe it will still go on ... a lot of events are being cancelled though. I know they cancelled Pokemon Safari Zone out in St. Louis. I finally got tickets for Philadelphia and I am wondering how things will be come May 9th. NOt a lot I can do about it, but roll with the punches. (and kinda chuckle ... cuz i FINALLY got tickets after trying for so many years. With that it mind, It would seem normal that it would be cancelled due to some fluke. . hahahahahahahahahaha! Time will tell.)

I seem to be very tired this week. I am way behind on my weekly workouts (upper body, lower body, abs, total body, etc.) I just don't seem to have any oomph. It got up and left. (When my leg was so sore from lower body on Sunday). I need to reverse that trend. I have 4 days and I need to get busy. I can do this. I can. I can. (Next week team assignments go out for the Power Zone challenge, so those last two weeks will be even more challenging.) Is it the time change? Could be. Life's stresses. And right now? There are a few more than usual, but life goes on and we all know that .... soooooooooooo

Movement is GOOD .....

3/11/2020: Peloton treadmill (Matt Wilpers) 20 minute run. I ran the whole thing. I am definitely getting faster. I enjoy Matt's style of teaching and coaching. But, believe it or not - this is ALL I did ... Hmmm. Oh well. (A good reminder that not every workout or run or session needs to be 20 hours long - slight exaggeration).

That's it for now!
Waves to all!
Stay healthy.
Cleda