Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-13-20, 10:39 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The warm weather is over, but it was nice while it lasted. I hear we're getting snow this weekend. Ugh.

Today I did Jessica's Standing Strength (16 minute version) and then the 8 minute stretch routine. I also went for a short walk at work. I have a friend who is having a lot of physical issues due to sitting far too much and stress, so I'm encouraging her to walk with me during lunch. Hopefully she'll stick with it. She really has no choice.

Sherry, I'm keeping workouts short and not too strenuous until I'm over this sinus thing because I have the same problem with getting sick again if I do too much, too soon. It was better today.

Donna, I don't know Jessica V. What type of workouts does she do?

I applied for a job I saw posted online for the heck of it and have a phone interview on Thursday. We'll see how it goes. I'm not really looking for a job but it doesn't hurt to see what's out there from time to time.

Waves!
Old 01-14-20, 06:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night my DD wasn't feeling well so she skipped her riding lesson -which gave me some time to exercise so I did Miles 1 & 2 from Jessica's 4 Mile Power Walk. I really enjoyed it!

Today I did Reblance your Connective Tissue again from Essentrics. Tonight I will get in some sort of Pilates/Arm work.

wishiwasinhawaii - good luck w/ the interview. It really is good to look around from time to time and also practice your interviewing skills. I look at least once a week where I work for transfer opportunities. Although things are better where I work, I don't want to stay there! I don't want to leave my employer though b/c I have just too much invested there at this point to start over somewhere else - but hopefully a transfer will come along. I really am trying to get out to walk during the day, too. My back and hips really bear the brunt of sitting so long at my desk and driving. I think we're getting some snow this weekend, too. Oh - Jessica Valent does Pilates workouts, but she mixes it up with strength training and barre, she is a physical therapist, too. I just like her stuff b/c it is very efficient.

Sherry - I have cut back on skincare purchases, too. I'm sort of clueless about make up so that has never been a big temptation for me, LOL! I really don't know how to apply most of it to look good!! I did order some Alpha Cleanser and the 12% AHA - they were having a sale and I wanted back ups of those. It is good to take it easy and not jump right back into exercising after being sick.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 06:32 PM  
Leonana

I'm feeling better, still some congestion though.

wishiwasinhawaii, good luck with the interview. I guess you never know, so might as well check it out.

Donna, I bought the Equate version of the CeraVe cleansers. I mix them together, so the foaming cleanser isn't too drying. They seem to be the same thing, but half the price. I still have some PC 8% AHA, and a lot of The Ordinary Azaelic Acid, so I've told myself I have to use it up before I get anything else, lol. I should get my Curology order on Thursday.
Old 01-15-20, 07:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did Day # 3 of the Essentrics challenge - Rebalance Your Connective Tissue. I think 3 days is my max to repeating something - I didn't mind repeating the 2nd day but today it was old! however, all that being said, these workouts do make me feel good. The persistent stiffness I have in my back and hips is much improved after doing CS for 5 days in a row (over the weekend I did some Season 12 episodes). So, I think this is good for me. Tomorrow we move on to a new workout that we do 2X before moving on to the next.

Yesterday ended up being a rainy and dreary day so no walk at work. When I got home I did Jessica Valent's Arms & Abs routine.

At some point today I'm going to do Jessica V's Low Impact workout w/ weights - it is only 20 minutes.

Sherry - let me know how you like Tai Chi! CS/Essentrics, I believe is influenced by T'ai Chi and Qi Gong (I'm not 100% sure about the difference between the two!) and the flowy movements really do make me feel good. I think I will switch to the Equate Versions of Cerave....when I'm due for more. I'm still whittling away at my collection of skin care. A few things I like but wish didn't have fragrance is the Ponds SPF 30 sunscreen - I'm not allergic to fragrance, so it isn't a problem for me - but I hate the fragrance, it is really strong. I also like the Ponds Dark Spot corrector - it is the one in the pink jar and they make one for oily skin -it seems to have a high percentage of niacinamide based on the ingredient list - but again, the fragrance is overpowering!

wishiiwasinhawaii - hope you are feeling better!

My DD is sick she left school early yesterday - complaining of flu like symptoms and slept for 3 hours...she never sleeps during the day. I'm letting her sleep in this morning and if she is feeling better I may send her in later. UGH.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-15-20, 07:53 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I forgot to post my workout last night. I got home late from work last night, so I did the first 2 miles of Jessica's Power Walk DVD. It's warmer today so I might walk outside during lunch. I'll be back later to post whatever I do tonight.

Donna, Sorry to hear your DD is sick. It's that time of year... I'm feeling much better. The job I applied for sounds great (work from home) but it says there is 2-3 days of travel each month, so I need to get them to clarify that a bit more. I like to travel, but business travel is not fun so we'll see. Still, I agree it's good to look around now and then. I'm very invested at my current job too, but I really need a change so I'm willing to take a chance if I can find something outside that would be a better situation. The interview is tomorrow morning over the phone. It's a screening interview. I've done those before and it's just someone going over the job requirements to be sure I have those and then they pass the resume on to the hiring manager.

Sherry, I took a Tai Chi class many years ago and enjoyed it. Tai Chi is a little too slow for me though so I do CS instead for that flowy type of workout.

Time to get ready for work...more later.
Old 01-16-20, 09:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was Essentrics - Day 4 - Release and Rebuild your Fascia. These are not all that different from other CS workouts - so I think all along we have been working our Fascia, LOL! But, I do feel good from doing these workouts.....so onward!

Yesterday I did Jessica V - Low Impact HIIT as planned - and one thing I think I'm learning is that my body just does not like using weights for squats. I may have to go body weight for those - it seems to really compress my lower back to use weights - lunges seem ok w/ weights - but squats, not so much.

I also managed to add on in the evening one of Jessica Smith's Walk & Talk workouts on You Tube. I did the one about Stress Reduction. These are really good for when you want extra steps but don't want to workout per se - and it is either too dark or too cold or too "something" to walk outside. I did it in my PJs barefoot and it did increase my step count. Thank you, Sherry for recommending these!!

wishiwasinhawaii - good luck!

Waves,

Donna
Old 01-16-20, 08:44 PM  
Leonana

Well, I rest, start feeling better, get out and do stuff, and the cold comes back. Even though I don’t work out of the home, it’s hard to do nothing for a week! But I think I found a way to get well. I started doing the sinus rinse, or nasal flushing. I use a bottle instead of a Neti pot. It works so well and I’m feeling so much better. I guess it flushes the virus germs out. I’m going to wait until Monday to start working out again.

I did go to my beginning Tai Chi class yesterday at my city parks and rec. It’s an over 55 class. It was great, and harder than I expected. My lower back felt really good today, no soreness. The teacher has a you tube channel called Tai Chi Barbara.

Donna, I enjoyed the class and I think it stretched my lower back nicely. I’m glad you like the Walk and Talks, I enjoy them for light walking. I hope your daughter is feeling better.

wishiwasinhawaii, I can understand the popularity of CS, if it’s similar to Tai Chi. This class was a good pace for me, since it was an hour long. I could definitely go faster for a half hour though.
Old 01-17-20, 06:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My mind and body needed a break from Essentrics today so I did Ellen's new Barre Conditioning workout. I really enjoyed it - she did not over do anything.

Yesterday I got a walk in at work (even though it was windy) and in the evening I did Gina B's disco walk (You Tube) and Jessica Valent's Pilates for better sleep (which was essentially 10 min of stretching).

Sherry -that sometimes happens to me with colds/viruses! I hope you continue to feel better. I'm going to check out your instructor's channel! I think that type of movement helps my back, too, since for the most part my spine is always in one position....and moving it around really helps to loosen it up.

waves wishiwasinhawaii and Pam!

Donna
Old 01-17-20, 08:30 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The interview yesterday went well. The job seems interesting and is work from home, but there would be a lot of travel so I'm not sure I want to do that. The next interview is with the hiring manager so I'm waiting to hear from that person to schedule that. I'll see what that person says and take it from there.

I did Jessica's Cardio Strength from youtube last night. I have to go to the dentist in a little bit so I'll post my workout later.
Old 01-17-20, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

That sounds promising, wishiwasinhawaii! I can understand about the travel though - it gets old fast, I'm sure!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong