Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-31-19, 05:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

FitChicks - Fun & Fitness in the New Year! All welcome!

Just getting a new thread started.

FitChicks is for anyone who likes to exercise. Any type, any length, any level. Fitness is fun and we are chicks. Dudes are absolutely welcome too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 05:26 PM  
luprisi

Hello everyone, my name is Priscila and I知 45 years old. I used to be an avid exerciser and be in great shape when I was in my thirties. I知 currently 30 pounds heavier than my goal weight and I知 finding it very difficult to lose weight after turning 40. I need to gain control over my weight since it痴 affecting various areas in my life. I am committed to lose the weight and improve my overall health this year but I need accountability and that痴 why I知 returning to this forum. Today I started the day with a green juice of vegetables and fruits and some eggs. My workout for the day is Peak 10 Pure strength 1 (I was inspired by KateTT, I have forgotten how much I enjoy those workouts). I知 looking forward to getting more involved in this check in to keep myself more accountable.
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 03:05 PM  
Jules

Just tried out Cathe's Step Sync. Learning dancy routines is mentally challenging for me, but I did ok. I even made it thru the Finished Product without making many mistakes. My heart rate did not go up very high, but I used a 6" step. I think I will go up to 8" next time - this feels like a solid intermediate workout to me.

Yesterday, I did STS M2/W1 Legs and my glutes are talking to me today. I know we can't really discuss food on this site, but I started cleaning up my diet today as I ate lots of sweets over the holidays.

Priscila - Hello! We are close in age (I'm 49) and I too am finding it more difficult to stay lean the last couple of years. I guess we can't get away with everything we could in our 30's. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Kate - Jumanji was good! It started out a little slow, but once it got going, I enjoyed it as much as the first one. I have only tried Imax 4 and Step Sync - have not done PHA 3 yet. I can see myself doing IMax 4 more than Step Sync in the future - Step Sync feels more like a recovery workout to me.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 06:42 PM  
luprisi

Hi Jules! Yes, age combined with lack of an active lifestyle has contributed to my weight gain. Definitely there’s a learning curve to master! I can’t believe I have the STS since it came out and never done the whole thing! I love Cathe so I’ll be adding those to my weekly workouts.

I attempted Peak 10 Cardio Strength 1 and did a good portion of it. I found it challenging with all the floor work and burpees and broke a good sweat. I felt a bit more drained today so maybe I shouldn’t stack two Peak workouts back to back.
I’m go back to work tomorrow so I have to squeeze my workout sometime after work. I’ll check in later.
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 03:09 PM  
Jules

Can't believe it is already Wild Card Weekend! I am worried for the Vikings tho - glad Dalvin Cook will be back, but they still have some injured players. I am disappointed that the Vikes are playing the Saints in the playoffs again. I hope it is a clean game.

On to the workouts! Yesterday, I did STS M2/W1 Back & Biceps. I finished with the core work from High Reps. Today, I did BodyCombat 69. I had a tension headache this morning, but it is better now after doing BC. I seem to get knots in my back, neck and shoulders from doing pull-ups.

I return to work on Monday and will be busy as my daughter's basketball season is starting up. Luckily, most of her games are home games this year and our school is hosting the big tournament. It can get sketchy driving to other towns in winter weather.

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-06-20, 09:06 PM  
Jules

Skol! The Vikes played a fantastic game yesterday! Of course it would be incredible if they win in San Fransisco, but I am happy no matter what after they beat the Saints.

Today I did STS M2/W2 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Loving the back-off sets this week!

We are getting hit by a winter storm tonight and the roads are bad. Might mean a school delay in the morning?
Old 01-07-20, 04:58 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI girls! Oh my goodness did I get busy. Well kind of. Last week I was off work Wed-Fri so enjoyed a nice long weekend. I didn't do any workouts, only a little Yoga and daily meditation. It felt ok (I hate missing so many days) but I know it was good to rest. I did a LOT of running errands and spent part of Saturday having a belated xmas celebration with my kids and grandkids.

Priscila! HI!!! I'm so glad you're joining us. I hear you on how hard it is to lose weight. I'm 57 and finally hit on some Keto and Fasting and finally my weight is coming down. Menopause doesn't help either.
I LOVE the Peak 10 workouts. All of Michelle's! I think I bought them all. Hahaha. Great challenge, humbling since I have to use lighter weights but they are fun! Keep up the great work...it just gets better!

Hey Jules! How about those Vikings?!? I'm actually surprised they won. I figured another "one and done" year. I'm kind of getting excited. ;-)
Looks like you are still rocking STS! Every time someone talks about that set it makes me want to do it. Good luck with the weather.

So this week I changed my mind on my workouts. I was going to keep on with 6 Weeks of the Work but I'm going to take a break and maybe head back to them later this month.
Instead I pulled out my Body Beast set. Sagi!!!!! I LOVE these. Heavy lifting at its best plus some really hunky guys!
Yesterday I did Body Beast Tempo Chest & Tris and the Abs workout. Yow! I definitely feel my chest and triceps!

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Legs + Cardio. Perfect together as the Cardio workout is more like a combo workout with some light weights used. It continued to FRY my legs which I worked very heavy with Bulk Legs. I was going as heavy as the guys!

I feel so much better getting back to my routine. I love working out!

Some bad news. My dear 93 year old Dad had two heart attacks last week!!! He's my workout hero although he doesn't do much anymore. Thankfully he survived but is still in rehab and also battling Dementia. He's way too far away in FL but thankfully my brother was able to go down there. It's a b**ch getting older!

Have a great week all!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-08-20, 12:40 PM  
Jules

Kate- I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It is tough to see our parents struggling. It is amazing that he is 93! You must have strong genes in your family.

I love that you are doing Body Beast! I was thinking about doing some of those workouts once I am finished with STS - they are very effective. I can't lift as heavy as you tho.

Today was Leg Day for me. I did STS M2/W2 and it was a goodie. I am sure to be sore tomorrow. Yesterday, I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion and I was sucking wind big-time at the end. I gotta get my cardio endurance back up, but that will be a task for springtime.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 01-08-20, 02:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: yes it's hard to see parents struggling and mine are all the way in FL so not easy for me to get down there to see them. I keep trying to get them to come back up North. My Mom is from South Dakota. I'd love to bring her home for the rest of her life. Sigh.

I LOVE Body Beast. Dang am I sore! Chest and triceps are better but I could sure feel it yesterday. Today my butt is really sore! And after today's workout, even typing is a bit difficult. LOL
And thanks for the reviews on the new Cathe's. I still have a $25 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and I'm just not sure what I want to get.

Priscila: Where are you from?

So today was Body Beast Tempo Back/Bis + Abs. This one always takes me to failure on the preacher curls. I use 20s and yowza! I really can't believe I am lifting as heavy as a couple of the guys. One guy started out with 10s for the curls and I started with 15s. It was brutal tough, even had a little 'kipping' in there, but c'mon guys! LOL

Am happy to report I got through almost all the pullups. I'm still using my assist but after losing 26lbs, it's easier to do pullups now. Yay! I liked the back work in this. I really feel my back and biceps now. Taking a lunch break shortly to do some Yoga and stretch.

Happy Wednesdaaaaaay!

Old 01-09-20, 01:50 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI girls!
Today I headed over to Les Mills On Demand and did Body Step 116. I read some comments that this one was too easy, too basic and it was. But I think that was the intention? To have a more beginners workout.
But it was fun, always happy to see Mark and Lisa, and the small studio with no big class was kind of nice. Different. I always get a lot of energy from the group classes. Got the cardio I wanted without having to think.

I am kind of sore this week. I blame Sagi! I've been doing so much metabolic training that slowing down and heavy-ing up is a great challenge. I did Legs on Tues and my butt is still sore.
But I think I'll work thru Body Beast adding in some cardio and some other workouts. Some Cathe.

I caved and bought Step Boss PHA3 with my gift certificate. The reviews and previews look great and I do like her other PHA workouts. So that will be coming soon.