Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-16, 02:10 PM  
herya

Coming soon from Travis Eliot: Yoga 30 for 30

This just showed up in my Youtube channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhRN0r-VlQ&t=0s

Looks like Travis Eliot and Lauren Ekstrom (of Ultimate Yogi) are working on a shorter program, 30 minutes of yoga for 30 days. It doesn't say if it's going to be streaming or physical copies, there's a website but there's nothing on it yet apart from the same video.

I'd definitely be in the market, I liked UY but an hour of power yoga every day was not sustainable to me and I just use it as standalone classes - but I can do anything for half an hour, to quote Jillian Michaels here Class clips in the video look great actually.

http://yoga30for30.com/
Old 12-01-16, 02:34 PM  
geojill

YAY!! I will totally go for this and I'll check it out when I'm not at work.
Old 12-01-16, 02:54 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

This looks perfect for me. Love the 30 minutes 30 day as it's doable for me.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 04:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh I really really hope it's on DVD!!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 05:08 PM  
mtngoat

I'm in! I'm hoping for downloads.

I hope that those clips are from the actual workouts. I like the setting and the live class.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 05:55 PM  
owltx

Ooooh, I am really hoping for DVDs as well. If not that, then at least downloads as an option.

I also hope there is a 30 minute gentle yoga, and a 30 minute yin.

A person's gotta dream, right!?
Old 12-01-16, 11:55 PM  
Betty Boop

Watched the clip--it has a nice feel to it.

I looked up his Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/traviseliot108/?fref=ts. Looks like he's going to announce tomorrow about this.
Old 12-02-16, 06:37 AM  
herya

Travis commented on YouTube that it's going to be a 30 day digital series to either stream or download.

I guess they'll have it ready for Xmas and our New Year resolutions...
Old 12-02-16, 12:39 PM  
herya

Details from Travis's Facebook:

Quote:
Five years ago to the month myself and a team of hardworking people released the DVD set The Ultimate Yogi which caught fire and spread globally, it also seemed to set a trend for many other yoga programs that followed. In my eye UY fulfilled it's mission which was to bring more health and happiness to the planet. I can't tell you all the people that I've met or heard from who have shared their stories of transformation. People from all walks of life and demographics revealing how their yoga practice has made them better physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually and in many cases saved people lives. We live in difficult and challenging times and a lot of people are suffering. There's a lot of beauty in the world but there's also a lot of difficulties. And I believe yoga is the answer because by transforming ourselves we will transform the world. So after creating a Kirtan Cd, our book Holistic Yoga Flow, my online Connectpal site, launching the online Yin Training, on top of teaching 6 days a week, and co-leading retreats and 200hr and 300hr trainings the time is almost here to release a NEW program Yoga 30 for 30 which I believe picks up exactly where UY left off taking yoga cinema to the next level! New Sequences! New Themes! New inspirations! A whole other level of experience to take you and your yoga practice to the next level. My beautiful and talented wife Lauren Eckstrom is joining me to co-host this program. Some of you might not know but she is one of the most popular teachers in all of Los Angeles and her classes are rockin!!! This program which includes 30min. thematic classes, with a diverse array of students to give it that LIVE feel, including tons of Power Yoga (Better eat your Wheaties!), Gentle, Yin, Mobility and Restorative...There is also our 10min. Bonus Classes for Core, Meditation, and Pranayama!!! Directed by the amazing Airrion Copeland on class sets that are urban and edgy, stunning Cinematography by Matt Daniels, and an original music score provided by Stic from the legendary Hip Hop group Dead Prez!!!!! Many of you asked for classes shorter than an hour and we listened....these classes are action packed and this program is hands down the most time efficient, transformative Yoga Program out there! We are releasing later it this month, just in time for the holidays, on an ALL Digital platform where you will have the choice to instantly Download or Stream onto all your favorite devices. In addition to all the all the Yoga classes the program will include a calendar and booklet with a food plan to maximize your results. Stay tuned for more details and get ready to Be The Change!!!!!!!!

PS-let us now what you think of the Promo Vid...blessings!
-Travis Eliot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhRN0r-VlQ
Old 12-02-16, 01:11 PM  
hotncmom

I just saw this on Facebook. I was hoping for a release date announcement
Definitely want to get this but would really like to know the price so I can know whether to add it to my gift list or buy it for myself.

What do you guys think the price will be? UY was $108 and there were about 10 DVD's so you would think this would cost a lot less, right? But then again, Erin Motz charged $129 for her Perfect Body Yoga Program and it was basically 12 30-40 minute practices plus a few bonus videos. I totally missed out on the big deal she offered when it first came out (I think it was $79).

I'm hoping 30 for 30 will be really affordable considering it's all digital.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lauren eckstrom, travis eliot, yoga 30 for 30