Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-20, 06:13 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Karen: Where are people going to get masks? That’s my question.

JB: I am so sorry to hear this about your niece. I pray she heals quickly.

Cher: Did you make it to the store?

Vannie: Glad you’re staying active.

Check in: DH did well with IVIG but his blood tests show kidney issues. Of course now we will start seeing his heart and kidney doctors online. Not sure how that will work if they can’t listen to his heart.

Today was FS Push weights only

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 01:09 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Lean Legs & Abs.

Gibbee - Thanks for your well wishes for my niece. We have had our masks for years, since DH was doing a lot of woodworking and needed a good mask to filter out the dust. I've seen lots of patterns online for making your own cloth mask, and Etsy sells them too, I believe. They won't be as good as the N95 masks but better than nothing, I guess.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 09:04 PM  
Vantreesta

I tried to do Kassandra's new yoga challenge this morning but I was too dizzy, vertigo again but thankfully mild this time. I took it easy today, no long walks or running, just three regular walks, crocheting and going through paper clutter in the guest room.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 12:08 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Les Mills Invincible workout #10 and Fit Split Pull Day weights portion only.

Waves to everyone.
Old 04-03-20, 06:03 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: On fit split pull, do you think they lift too high on their lateral raises?

Vannie:HOpe the vertigo is better. Sorry to hear you have that.

Check in: Yesterday was Rev’d Up Rumble with a lot of the shuffling removed. Today was Fit Split Pull weights only, no hamstring pull-ins.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 07:41 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a fun one. Verizon (our cable provider) has made a bunch of channels available for free for the month of April, so I found Tony Horton's Next Level workouts on the GAIAM network and did the Bottom Dollar one (all lower body moves combined with plyometrics). I did the hardest variation and really worked up a sweat. My legs are feeling it this morning. I also did a yoga practice from Rodney Yee (also on GAIAM).

Gibbee - To be honest, I didn't even notice. I usually do the raises the way I like to do them, with a 10-degree tilt, the way Cathe does it in S&H.

I hope everyone is hanging in there. Our weather here is just beautiful. We took a walk the other day and the flowers are lovely

Waves to all.
Old 04-03-20, 07:48 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Morning guys! Judi and I ran 3 miles this morning and we stayed so far apart we couldn’t hear each other and had to shout at times. I ran 3 miles after work too last evening. We are having glorious weather and I like to run outdoors when I can. Last evening’s run was solo.

Do ya’ll have some suggestions of a Cathe 30 minute approx weights only workout? Could be a premix or entire DVD or even just part of a workout. No to minimal cardio as I am going to run 2 miles prior to weights. This would be for tomorrow.

Gibbee for lay persons, any kind of mask to wear in public is fine. A bandanna or scarf is fine. Our local hospital just published guidelines yesterday for making masks that can be donated to hospital personnel and then sterilized even in an autoclave. Most people have some dust type masks laying around.

We are doing some telemedicine too. We have camera hookups but not all our computers have them, so a lot of it is by phone. Of course some people have to come in though. We are pretty slow. I think people are afraid to come in.

Stay safe everyone and waves to all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 01:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff so cool that Verizon has free channels for the month.. I’m gonna have to check out Comcast and see if they have anything, but I doubt it.

Gibbee what do you substitute for shuffling in kickboxing? I hate shuffling for more than a few seconds.

Ugh, a patient coughed on me today. I had a mask and gloves on, but still...
Of course she could not help it.

Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 06:45 AM  
Cher

Hi everyone! I’ve sort of lost my interest for posting lately. Darrell is home and getting up earlier so I don’t have my nice quiet mornings to myself much. It makes me sort of crazy. �� Looks like I have to get used to it because it looks like this he’s going to be here a while.

Looks like our May Florida trip this May is not going to happen. I just need to actually start canceling everything and it sort of gives me dread to face up to the fact that we can’t go.

Workouts.....still been working out. Here’s my week:

Sunday - 45 minute walk
Monday - Cathe SJP step combos & squats, Legs & Abs barre & chair/floor segment. Travis’ 10 min YouTube Yin Yoga
Tuesday - Rest (had to the grocery store and wanted to go early)
Wednesday - My mom’s fitness instructor friend did a live workout on Facebook so I did that.
Thursday - Cathe 4DS High Impact Step....all except blasts, then 4DS Low Impact Step combos all combos....no blasts or combined combos. I went for a 30 minute walk in the afternoon.
Friday - ICE Metabolic Total Body Mish Mosh premix and 35 minute walk in the afternoon.

Jenny Ford offered her Volume 1 Step & March Across America downloads for $1 for 20 - 30 minute workouts. I jumped on that deal and download them all to my laptop yesterday.

Vannie - I did a couple WW virtual meetings. (On Zoom) They are okay but I miss my regular leader and all my friends at my meeting that I normally see every week. How are you feeling now?

Gibbee - Are DH blisters on his feet from his meds? My sister gets such nasty blisters & boils on her feet from her cancer meds. Have you heard from DH doctor yet?

Karen - I like all 3 of those easier Cathe Fit Tower workouts. My mom is climbing the walls being stuck at home with just my dad for company. I’m probably going to run over there and bring her a book I have for her that we are both going to read at the same time. She also got masks made for us so I need to pick those up. (Not sure if I will wear it but I’ll have it if I want it). We figure I will go on a nice afternoon and not go in her house and sit our distance from each other out on her deck for a short visit. Her deck is big so it shouldn’t be hard to stay our distance. Neither one of us have been anywhere but a grocery store and we’re all feeling good but you just never know. Cathe 30 minute type workouts.....Push Pull might be close to that if you stop before the shin & calve work. The original Bootcamp Upper premix is only 10 minutes (no warm-up or cool-down) but it packs a lot in. ICE Metabolic Mish Mash premix is about 25 minutes and pretty good. I’ll think on it and let you know if I think of more.

JBliff - Sorry to hear your niece tested positive for Covid-19. I hope she is doing okay. I just heard Pink and her kids tested positive a couple weeks ago but are over it now. This whole thing is so crazy. Cool you got to try some new workouts from your cable company.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:10 AM  
Cher

Karen - Do you have any of KCM’s dvds. She has a few good total body 30 minute workouts. Cardio Pump (has a 30 minute strength workout) and Your Best Body are both good.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote