Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-20, 05:20 PM  
Jules

Halfway thru the week! I had to wait a while to get my workout in today with all of the Zoom and Google Meet-ups going on at home. I attended a staff meeting this morning, then both my kids had their online classes, and then my husband had some work meetings as well. It's a good thing we all have our own computers!

I just did Cathe's Intensity. I was thinking about adding on the extra bootcamp, but decided all the BodyPump I've been doing is enough weight work.

Last night was interesting... I was sitting at my computer and it started rocking back and forth. It was an earthquake! I guess the epicenter was near Boise, Idaho.

Kate - That All Upper Weights premix must have been killer! Do you feel the DOMS today?

Waves to all!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Wow Jules! That was a big quake to feel in in MT! I have a few friends who live in ID and they all felt it.
Glad everyone is still safe at home even if you do have to juggle internet time.
I love Intensity...wicked good.

Yesterday I did Michelle's Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix. Still good but probably one of my less favorites of her Cardio Strength workout. Still fun, still challenging and I was a sweaty mess. Michelle is so upbeat.

Today I did OLD OLD Cathe Step Fit. I have never done this one before and it was fun. Very dated outfits (from 1999) but all the choreo was doable and I barely flubbed anything. I like step workouts where I can just put power into it and not have to think. LM Body Step is like that and those are actually my favorite step workouts.

No DOMS from the All Upper Weights premix. I felt it thru the day on Monday but felt ok on Tues.

Take care!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 01:40 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate! Those outfits in Step Fit are hilarious! I remember back when it was trendy to wear the leotard thong over bike shorts... I used to dress up like that to go to the YMCA in downtown Minneapolis. What was I thinking?!? I love it when Cathe asks, "Was that a sheep?"

I just did BP 105. Not the best release IMO. It was filmed in Amsterdam with 1,000 participants and the stage there was interesting, but the music in this release wasn't my fave. I did like the chest track and holy sh*t - the lunge track is tough. I only used a ten pound dumbbell for lunges and I don't think I could have gone much heavier or my form would have suffered.
Old 04-03-20, 02:48 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I didn't know you lived in Minneapolis!! Yes the outfits were funny.
I LAUGHED so hard when Cathe made the sheep comment. Totally funny.
BP105 does have some wicked leg work!

Today I did Body Combat 42. An oldie I have on dvd. SO MUCH FUN! Has a wicked good capoeira track and the Muay Thai is excellent.

Happy Friday! Stay well!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 04-04-20, 02:27 PM  
Jules

Hello! We got a few inches of snow this week, but it is finally warming up enough to melt it. Maybe we will play on the trampoline today!

Yesterday I did BC 78 - always a good choice. Today I went for a walk with the dog and then I did BP 106. Such an excellent workout! I usually do the 45 minute version of this one, but today I did the full workout since I am doing this with all the other BPs. I think this release might be tied with 108 for my favorite back track ever. It is tough but so much fun! There is a killer lunge track as well. Ouchie!

I wish I could say I have been leaning out with all the consistent workouts lately, but my husband is a great cook and we have been eating big dinners every night since we are all stuck at home. I need to start practicing more portion control.

Kate - You sure are choosing some awesome vintage workouts lately. Gotta keep the endorphins up! I lived in Minneapolis in the late 80's/early 90's when I went to the U of M. That's where my husband and I met before we moved to Montana.
Old 04-04-20, 08:28 PM  
fatkat555

Good evening, ladies! I finally have a few moments to check in!

I’ve been working out six days a week now that I’m doing my classes live online! I decided that Sunday’s will be my absolute rest day. I’m going to attempt a few videos to put on YouTube. It’s really scary because I’ll be putting myself “out there” and I’m honestly a private person and I hate to see myself on video. But the times have changed and I’m concerned that I may have to close my physical business location due to this shutdown.

In doing videos AND the live class that means I’ll be exercising twice a day for a while. So NOT what I agree with, but Vimeo states that I should have 10-15 videos ready to go before I announce any streaming options. I can’t use my live recordings due to music copyright and then poor lighting. Say a prayer for me, please! This is such a scary thing for me to do at my age (53). It’s my last ditch effort to save my business.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 06:53 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Fatkat: I hope your online ventures work great for you! I bet you'll do GREAT on YouTube and may be a great way to advertise your studio. Prayers for you for sure my friend!

Jules: Hoping you are safe. Aren't you glad you live in a state that is sparsely populated?

Today was Cathe's Pyramid Upper. LOVE these workouts! I love the concept of the pyramid sets and pushed myself today. Heavy was the word of the day..at least as heavy as I could go.

Be safe everyone!

Old 04-07-20, 06:04 PM  
fatkat555

Today was 45 min Isobarre. I try to use heavier weight for full range movements for arms than most barre workouts. Today we used a variety between10 lbs, 20 lbs triceps, no weight for pulses and holds. I’m not as wiped out today but I sure did sweat!

Hope you’re all doing ok with your quarancation. Stay well!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-07-20, 06:40 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! Just got the news that Montana's stay-at-home order has been extended thru April 24 now. My kids are doing the happy dance - they really like remote learning.

We are starting to get community spread of Covid in our county. Up until this week all the positive cases were people who had traveled or come from another state. The older brother of one of my daughter's friends tested positive yesterday and their whole family is now under strict quarantine. Hopefully my daughter's friend doesn't get it - their family wasn't really social distancing from other families in their neighborhood before now - UGH.

I have been feeling a little bit sore and run-down. I started to do Tabatacise on Sunday, but quit after round 3 - just wasn't feeling it. Yesterday was a rest day other than a 30 minute walk with the dog, which I do at least once per day now. Today I was feeling a little more energetic, walked the dog and did BP 107.

Fatkat - Congrats on putting yourself out there! You are lucky to have a fabulous fitness family here at VF to support you in your new endeavor. I bet you are in amazing shape after doing all those doubles every day. Please keep us in the loop when you do post your workouts so we can check them out.

Kate - I adore the Pyramid workouts too! They are fantastic... and I have to admit I love the cheezy music in them too. Ya, I'm very happy to live in Montana and not in a highly populated city right now.

Stay healthy and strong everyone!
Old 04-08-20, 10:30 PM  
fatkat555

Hi, Jules and Kate!

Jules- I hope the local cases near you subside. We know someone with the virus who lives in New Orleans and he’s on a ventilator. 45-year-old man who is relatively healthy. We’re on stay-at-home till May 1.

Today my workout was my live barre class. I accidentally went long and class was 52 minutes rather than 45. My studio classes are generally an hour. Whoops! And I could’ve definitely kept everyone longer.

I start filming tomorrow. I’m going to try a basic beginner class and then a more advanced version of the same. I wish I could say I’m thin from all this exercise, but alas....

Last edited by fatkat555; 04-08-20 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Double post!