Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-17, 08:12 AM  
Buzzer

Dream Body/Fitness Fusion Great in 8

I just got an email for it... $199!!!! Holy cow. It's 8 new 30 minute workouts, a meal plan, and Facebook group support. I am hedging on getting the sweat lab series for about $80 on Mary's site, there's no way I would pay $199. I had to rewind and listen again to make sure I heard Darby right.

If you do it, let us know how it is! Otherwise, I will just say my prayers that they eventually sell the workouts by themselves for cheaper!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 08:20 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I just got an email for it... $199!!!! Holy cow. It's 8 new 30 minute workouts, a meal plan, and Facebook group support. I am hedging on getting the sweat lab series for about $80 on Mary's site, there's no way I would pay $199. I had to rewind and listen again to make sure I heard Darby right.

If you do it, let us know how it is! Otherwise, I will just say my prayers that they eventually sell the workouts by themselves for cheaper!
I got the email too and it's misleading - in one breath it says: "Videos are available to download immediately after purchasing!)" and then further down it says: "Once you purchase the program, Week 1 Workout + Nutrition Plan will be available this Friday to download"

So I'm not even sure you get all workouts upon coughing up $200. I may call and ask if they will be available separately after their "challenge"

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 08:34 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Let us know if you hear anything different! As it stands, I unequivocally will not pay $199 for the workouts. I'm also hoping they'll sell them individually after the challenge ends or at some point.
Old 03-29-17, 08:39 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Let us know if you hear anything different! As it stands, I unequivocally will not pay $199 for the workouts. I'm also hoping they'll sell them individually after the challenge ends or at some point.
I can't imagine many people who will pay it. The Tone It Up nutrition plan is similarly priced - but you get a ton of content - and every update thereafter. This doesn't even say if there are vegan options, GF options, etc. You have no clue what you're plopping $200 down on except 240 minutes of workouts.

They're out of their mind with the pricing.

Old 03-29-17, 09:01 AM  
LeanneM

I was so bummed to see how much they were charging for these. I emailed them, too, to ask about whether or not the videos would be available on their own (even at a later date), and will let you know if they reply.

Dream Body workouts have always been overpriced for what you get, but this seems ridiculous. I had my heart set on getting these, and am so disappointed in the price!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 10:40 AM  
LeanneM

Hi, everyone,

I just heard back from Darby with some questions I had about the program. Here is her response, which I'll post in the other thread, too:

"Hi there-
Yes - we will have vegan options available for those who don't eat meat. The program is diary free - so it's just a "meat sub" list that we will have.
We will release the videos on their own after our 8 week program is over. The price for the videos alone has not yet been set. I hope this is helpful!

Thank you, Darby Brender"

Hope that's useful info!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 11:07 AM  
momofcha

Workouts are as follows:

HiiT w/ Jos - 26 minutes
Tabata & Toning w/ Erica - 35 minutes
All About Abs w/ Sadie - 26 min
MILF w/ Francie - 31 minutes
YFS w/ Shannon - 26 min (Yoga one)
Bikini Bootcamp w/ Leeze - 20 minutes
Butt Camp w/ Brooke - 28 minutes
Tris & Thighs w/ Liz - 32 minutes

Old 03-29-17, 11:25 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Hi, everyone,

I just heard back from Darby with some questions I had about the program. Here is her response, which I'll post in the other thread, too:

"Hi there-
Yes - we will have vegan options available for those who don't eat meat. The program is diary free - so it's just a "meat sub" list that we will have.
We will release the videos on their own after our 8 week program is over. The price for the videos alone has not yet been set. I hope this is helpful!

Thank you, Darby Brender"

Hope that's useful info!
Cool thanks Leanne! Hopefully the price will drop considerably (I mean really it should) and I'd most likely spring for them depending on the cost.

Thanks Sue for the title/time updates! Actually only two of them are really split workouts, the arms and the butt workouts, so these look really good. Too bad Darby isn't leading any though, I really like her as a lead. I like the others too of course.
Old 03-29-17, 02:37 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Their pricing has always been crazy imo, they ship one DVD to Canada for $30, I know shipping to Canada is not cheap, but that is three times the real cost, I e-mailed them a while back to verify and they said yes, that is the cost, they included gas and all, ok rant over. All that to say that $199 is crazy high! Curious to see what the price will be after their challenge, probably still around $100...

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 05:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I had read this thread and then saw I had mail from them peddling it so I read the mail to see their spin directly from them. They say "for $25 a week you get..." but that's the problem..... they are pricing it as though these are live classes. I know they do live classes too, and are probably used to that pricing, but they need to do a little more research on the dvd/streaming market. This is not the right way to look at pricing for that market, I don't think. Clearly, because we are all looking at the total package and total price and saying it's way too high. Maybe they will figure it out..... who knows. I wonder if they sell a lot to their studio people, who do only their workouts and are happy to have an in-home option.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote