Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-17, 02:06 PM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
A local park is spawning Geodudes, so I was up there trying to power up my graveller to a gollum ... I want an army of GREAT (amazing - cuz I'm valor) golums. 2 down ... as many more as I can get . [/SIZE]
Oh my, Cleda, I do hope your graveller is not painful. This thread cracks me up.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 05:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Heads up ....

There is an event that begins tomorrow ....
Here's some details and an article on it as well:

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/equinox2017

And a Forbes article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth.../#67812d116a8d

Personally? I wish they would do double XP because I want to level up and it takes FOREVER.

Onward!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 10:21 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Cleda, I saw that and I was wondering what the stardust does?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 12:49 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Cleda, I saw that and I was wondering what the stardust does?
Sue,

If you power up your Pokemon it uses both the special candy for that Pokemon and stardust. The higher the level of the Pokemon, the more stardust it takes to power them up.

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 12:55 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
There is an event that begins tomorrow ....
Here's some details and an article on it as well:

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/equinox2017

And a Forbes article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth.../#67812d116a8d

Personally? I wish they would do double XP because I want to level up and it takes FOREVER.

Onward!
Cleda
Cleda,

Learn to love pidgeys...lol. I'm at a high enough level now (almost 33) that it's a grind to get to the next level but throwing a lucky egg and evolving pidgeys (just pidgeys because the next evolution uses 50 candy instead if 12 and there's no real value to evolving pidgeotto to pidgeot unless you don't have it. It possible (depending on your level) to easily push yourself over to the next level if you have enough candy of certain Pokemon. I'm currently sitting on 850 pidgeys candy and this is after evolving a bunch of pidgeys. It's easy however for me to gain 15k or so in exp with a lucky egg. Happy pidgeys catching!

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 10:58 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
Sue,

If you power up your Pokemon it uses both the special candy for that Pokemon and stardust. The higher the level of the Pokemon, the more stardust it takes to power them up.

Kris
Thanks, Kris!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 09-24-17, 06:39 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I got my first Lapras today just sharing with people who get it

Old 09-24-17, 07:49 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I get it! I get it!

Congrats! on your first Lapras. That is quite a thrill and TRIPLE XP during the event. You go girl!

I hatched a couple of Lapras and some Sudowoodos. I was so annoyed that my 10k eggs kept giving me junk. Pure junk. I really wanted a mareep or a chancey or a larvitar ... but nooooooooo they give me Sudowoodos, a couple of horseas! I did hatch a Dratini so that's not bad. And I Got a Raikou and the one Lapras in a Raid. Found 2 Magmars in the wild. ....

We did go to a sprint store for 3 different battles this weekend in the hopes of getting a Beta Mewtwo Ex pass raid invite. I hope, I hope, I hope!!! Stay tuned - I will let you know come Tuesday or Wednesday when they roll them out.

Again! Congrats on your Lapras.
It truly is a thrill!!! (and I get it!!)

Cleda
Old 10-01-17, 09:46 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

A Weekend of Pokemon Go

Well, I got an Ex Pass to a Mewtwo Raid. It's still in the beta testing phase. The first two batches were for the mall (Sprint stores) but they have branched out. I got one (and so did my dh) for the park we go to all the time. I was somewhat surprised - I thought that there would be a LOT more people. But there were only about 36-45 people. Not totally sure of the count. We split into 3 groups. Unlike the mall - we did it at 12:01 and then one straggler group went at about 12:10 p.m. If we weren't there by then we'dda been SOL. We did make it btw. (of course!)

I took pictures of the people just standing around. My son joined us (new to raiding - he started the day at level 14 and ended at level 20!) .... so he watched and said it really was kinda weird looking. Everyone standing around laughing, having a good time, tapping their phones!!! (One could truly feel the excitement/electricity in the air!) ...

I did NOT catch Mewtwo ... but dh did (so I'm super happy for him. !!) I took a screen shot (running joke when I go to catch a legendary - I take a screen shot so I can prove I got the chance!) I am quite confident that I'll get another chance at Mewtwo. (She says hopefully!)

But it wasn't a total waste of a day as my brother came out to play and got some new Pokemon for his Pokedex and my son made quite a few levels. I would love for them to get up into the 30ish levels so that we can all go out raiding together (would need a few more for legendaries, but we have a good team for lower level raids!) It just makes for fun times. AND we're walking and outside to boot. YAY ... win/win.

Oh and the second legendary dog came out. We get Entei and yes! i caught him. (even though we have a month to catch him - the pressure is now off.) So it was a good day.

The other bad part of the day? It went from the 90s two days ago, to the 60s yesterday with clouds, showers and terrible wind. IT WAS REALLY COLD. . . REALLy really cold. And we KNOW how much I love cold weather. NOT ...

The event goes on for 2 more days, so I hope to get out and walk/walk/walk. Here's the next semi-event in case anyone is interested (SO far no word of extra anything, but it could be fun!):

http://www.phillyvoice.com/pokemon-g...streets-event/

And that's it for now. Off to do some pokemon hunting!
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 10-01-17, 06:45 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Congrats on your Entie and dh's Mewtwo, Cleda! That's so cool that you have a family Pokemon team. I'm the only one in our family who has a strong enough phone to play. DD plays on my phone sometimes (thus the funky names) but her interest has waned.

45 people for a raid, I think that's a lot! That sounds like a year ago on Main Street, when the sidewalks were always mobbed on weekends. Nowadays I see only a few dozen players usually. Maybe the flash flood scared people off.

I was going to post last night, but I crashed out in the middle of SNL. I conquered my first gym! It was the gym next to my gym, which is usually red and full or almost full, but last night it was blue and contained only one half-hearted Vaporeon, so I thought what the heck even though I had NO idea what I was doing At first I tried my Gyrados and Eggxecutor and only got "not very effective" but when I tried Hot Fry, my Magmar, I got "Super Effective" and pretty soon, Vaporeon was toast! Of course, I had to take a screenshot. I thought some more reds might arrive to back me up, but after I was done working out, someone had already defeated my Pokemon and I think I scored all of 2 coins. But still!

Today we went to a corn maze and while there were no Pokestops or even Pokemon, I walked enough to hatch several eggs and got another Lapras and my first Snorlax. So it was a good weekend.

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go, walking apps