Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-16, 12:56 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I was just wondering about Pokemon. I had not seen or heard anything about it for a few days and was wondering if the novelty had worn off.

It's so sad about Ellicott City / Main Street. All those people who lost everything - including their jobs. It must be incredibly overwhelming. It's amazing that so few lives were lost in that raging river pouring down the street.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 03:00 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

There are so many in Oahu and my son had a blast catching them. It was a way to entertain himself since he slept thru the film they showed at Pearl Harbor.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 06:18 PM  
Cher

Sue - That is so sad that something like that happened when people were ju ast trying to have fun.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 11:53 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I play, my dd and her friends, young college students all play. Unfortunately, where I live, walking isn't working. We drive from place to place as most seem to be in parking lots.

Tons of pokestops, very few pokemon in the central town area we play. There are a lot of younger adults all over the downtown area and it is mostly welcome in that area. I'm a bit confused about walking through this area and hitting at least 15 pokestops and seeing maybe 5 pokemon, 4 of them - pokes I don't bother with, bats, pigee, snakes, rats in all evolutions.

For some reason, my local grocery store is a hotbed. Got some really good ones there.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 06:10 PM  
moviegrl1737

For what it's worth, the higher level you get in the game, the better, more frequent Pokemon you will see. Makes it worth catching all those "undesirables"
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 08:19 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegrl1737 View Post
For what it's worth, the higher level you get in the game, the better, more frequent Pokemon you will see. Makes it worth catching all those "undesirables"
I don't play for long stretches, so I do ignore most of those so I don't have to replenish my balls. I have gone to some gyms but that part of the game escapes me. I really do enjoy finding new types of pokemon and evolving my critters. I'm waiting for the weather to cool off so I can go walk - I live in the desert, or close to it. I live close enough to the ocean and with dd heading to college this weekend, I'll have lots and lots of alone time to explore some new areas. My husband lives somewhere else half of the time.

With the new update, or maybe my new level, I'm losing a lot of the stuff I don't need. And if it isn't going to help me evolve, I just don't bother. It has taken me 6 or so tries to get some stuff that wasn't very high level. Doesn't help that my phone screen is cracked. Anyway, I've always enjoyed casual gaming and this is perfect (and it gives me something to do outside of my house. I work from home.) Hmm, how many 50+ pokemon playing women do you think I could get for a meet up.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 08:47 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Hmm, how many 50+ pokemon playing women do you think I could get for a meet up.
I'll be 50 soon so count me in! I've been playing for a few weeks. My 14 year old nephew got me into it and I'm on level 8 now. I can never find any Pokemon close to where I live, but I was at work today and it was too hot to go outside so I started playing inside during my lunch hour and, oddly, I found quite a few Pokemon while just walking around the building. I thought they were only supposed to be outside? Anyway, it was fun and I'm looking forward to cooler weather.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 09:30 AM  
andtckrtoo

Bee - have your son come to my house. I seem to be by a Growlithe and Pichachu nest. I get so many of both.

I'm 52 (just turned) and I'm level 16. I don't play as aggressively as I did at first, but I do still play. It's fun to catch new ones.
Old 08-16-16, 02:27 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I'll join a 50+ Pokemon Go meetup! In this news video, taken in Ellicott City just 2 days before the flood, there are folks of all ages playing. Usually when we went down there, it was standing room only in that plaza.

That's one thing this game does, is it gets you out and exploring your own hometown, parks, buildings and businesses. Appreciate it all, and take photos and videos, because "you don't know what you got till it's gone."

I'm up to level 15, and proud that I recently hatched an Electabuzz. I have 2 Pikachu, one that appeared right on my street and another that appeared in front of my gym (the real one!) as I was leaving. A park near me is packed with Geodudes.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 08:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Bee - have your son come to my house. I seem to be by a Growlithe and Pichachu nest. I get so many of both.

I'm 52 (just turned) and I'm level 16. I don't play as aggressively as I did at first, but I do still play. It's fun to catch new ones.
We should do that! But, unfortunately, he went back to school Monday so I think pokemon go is going to be on hold mostly for a bit. But you and I should get together!! Lunch sometime?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go