Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-28-15, 07:38 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I still do it when I can, but we sold our (cheapo) rebounder at a garage sale so now I'm less inclined to reach for WiO, but it's still the most used Wii "game."

My sister and I both have done it and identify certain songs as Walk it Out songs. I'll never hear "Holiday" without thinking of Rhythm Island. If I could add " Eye of the Tiger" or Toto's "Africa" I could walk for hours.

Amy, I just tell Warren that I DID come back which is more than some folks do and he shuts up.

----
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 07:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Got Walk It Out ages ago and never did it. Just gave the Wii and all the games to the grandkids.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 08:17 PM  
Sissy B

I still love my Wii, but I absolutely HATED Walk It Out. I gifted it to someone else on VF a few years ago.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 12:05 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I still Walk It Out! It's great as a "nightcap" or after-dinner workout or something when you only have about 15-20 minutes. Hearing Holiday or September or Boom Boom Pow now makes me want to march around. I also like the Jack Russell Terrier song.

Apparently it is playable on Wii U, but not with the dance pad.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 12:27 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I was just thinking about this the other day and wishing it was on something without all the hassle of the wii. I had my wii in the car to take to the goodwill and someone stole it a while back!
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 02:02 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have this up for sale on my local Buy Sell Trade site along with a few other Wii games. I tried WIO once and found it frustrating for some reason. Do you need a mat with it? I have a mat but don't remember if I needed it for WIO.

I do love my Just Dance games for the wii. I haven't done them in awhile and should really get back to it.

BTW, How do you use the rebounder with WIO? I just got a rebounder.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 10:23 AM  
aunatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakko View Post
I prefer to play with the handheld Wii Remote and nunchuck. Others like a more accurate step count and use the balance board or DDR pad. I find those too confining, as I like to dance around to the music - walk sideways or backwards or whatever.
Me too! I use my Wii Fit board when my son is walking with me and I HATE, the way it takes away steps if you're not walking exactly right. A step is a step in my opinion. I also dance and roam around the basement quite a bit while I am doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I haven't done it for forever and now I can't go back or that horrible trainer lady will yell at me.
Nancy! I cringe every time she says "Do you even remember my name", or something like that. She is way too snarky. I have thought about switching to the male trainer. He may be more relaxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I do love my Just Dance games for the wii. I haven't done them in awhile and should really get back to it.
Same here. Just Dance is the reason I don't do WIO nearly as much as I used to.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 11:27 AM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
Me too! I use my Wii Fit board when my son is walking with me and I HATE, the way it takes away steps if you're not walking exactly right. A step is a step in my opinion. I also dance and roam around the basement quite a bit while I am doing it..
You can set it so that you don't actually lose steps if you don't hit the beat. There are lots of settings to make it less frustrating, and I use them all. You can set it so that it counts every other beat, so you don't lose any steps, and so that stuff "costs" less steps.

I feel like I have a fairly good sense of rhythm and yet WIO doesn't always think I do. If I'm really busy trying to click on just the right thing, I sometimes get off a little bit. I've found I do better if I mirror my Mii and especially keep in pace with her arm movements.

The "trainer" annoys me totally, and both Nancy and Warren are equally annoying, IMO. However, you can shut them up very quickly by clicking on their text box.

There are many things I'd change about this game, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. I don't play it in the spring, summer, and fall, when the weather is good for outside walking, but on these dreary winter days (especially right now here in KY when we haven't seen the sun for what seems like weeks), a little tour around Rhythm Island is a touch of heaven.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 11:33 AM  
dakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I have this up for sale on my local Buy Sell Trade site along with a few other Wii games. I tried WIO once and found it frustrating for some reason. Do you need a mat with it? I have a mat but don't remember if I needed it for WIO.

BTW, How do you use the rebounder with WIO? I just got a rebounder.
The mat is not required for WIO, but it is one option.

You would use the rebounder to walk/dance in place, just like with a walking dvd. Have you gotten adjusted to the rebounder yet? By that I mean doing a health bounce for a few minutes each time for about a week, gradually building up. Otherwise you could experience a bit of vertigo at first.
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 12:12 PM  
Season

I absolutely loved it! I set mine up so it would play all the faster songs. I've been wanting to play it again. My island is 99% complete.
Season is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, walk it out, wii