Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-15-13, 11:56 AM  
PrairieGem

Question Recommendations for cushioning insoles?

I have the Spenco Q-Factor insoles in my athletic shoes and really like them, but I think (?) I would describe them as more "supportive" (firm) than "cushioning" (soft). I've recently bought a couple of pairs of shoes (some casual/fashion boots, and the snow sneakers from LL Bean) and my picky feet are really happy with the fit--no pinching, no squeezing--but after walking for a while I definitely think they need more padding.

Anyone have recommendations to turn my happy feet to ecstatic feet?

Thanks!
Old 12-15-13, 12:00 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I saw this product called Strutz at a local store last night and they felt comfortable. I didn't get them, however, because I typically wear ballet flats and the band would be visible so these won't work for all types of shoes:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...FSvl7AodSH4Aqw

ETA: I just checked out the reviews on Amazon for this product and it seems that the company also sells a version called "Strutz Pro" that receive higher star ratings overall. Might be worth looking into.
Old 12-15-13, 12:09 PM  
Stephanie_B

Used Spenco for years (now of course I cant' remember which ones), but green Superfeet for ME are 10x better. I would call them supportive though, not cushiony.

I use Strutz to sleep in at night for plantar fasciitis. It helps but I really can't imagine them fitting in any of my shoes that are sized properly.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 12:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have these Orthaheel insoles in my athletic shoes and they are both supportive & cushiony. But they are a bit pricey. I have Orthaheel sandals, mules, and slippers and I love all of them!
http://www.orthaheelusa.com/women/or...-orthotic.html

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 12:25 PM  
Stephanie_B

I've heard wonderful things about Orthaheel too!

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 12-15-13, 12:36 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Stephanie - I have been battling foot issues for a while, I pronate severely, particularly on my right foot and my right heel slips too far laterally. I have custom orthotics but how do you wear those in sandals and any sort of nice shoes? Mine are so bulky because the arch is built up so high. My Orthaheels are a life saver, as soon as I put my first pair on they felt soooo good! It was a few VFers in my regular check in group who first recommended them to me.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 01:09 PM  
Stephanie_B

Thanks. I usually have Altra for running shoes and Earth Shoes work best for me, but I keep getting recommended Orthoheel too so I might look for a pair

Old 12-15-13, 01:27 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I also have several pairs of Orthoheel sandals. They are very comfortable!

I use the green Superfeet in my running shoes and love them. I would agree, however, that they are more supportive than cushy.
Old 12-15-13, 01:30 PM  
PrairieGem

Thanks, everyone!

Do you find that the Orthaheel arch is in the right place? I realize that's ENTIRELY subjective, but right now I have my Spenco's in my LL Bean shoes (actually a Spenco in one, and a Dr. Scholl's gel that DH had in the other) and am noticing that the arch on the Spenco doesn't exactly line up with my foot--it's too far back and "out," if that makes sense. I guess I've never really noticed this before when they're in my running shoes, but since the arches in these shoes were in the right place (for me) to start, it's definitely noticeable now! And that seems like a thing you'd want to fit right. Right?
Old 12-15-13, 01:36 PM  
Stephanie_B

Don't know about Ortho, but the Superfeet IS farther back (and purposefully from what I read). It was uncomfortable for the first 90 minutes of shoe wear, but now I notice when I go into my regular slippers (they have my old Spencos) that I am not "as" supported as with Superfeet. It's like the arch in Super has a longer supportive area.

It is hard because it is so subjective!!

Tags
insoles