Old 12-25-11, 07:03 PM  
MARIKA

Deepak Chopras Leela game?

It looks cool, doeas anyone have it?

http://www.deepakchopraleela.com/
Old 06-09-12, 10:04 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Bumping this older thread because I'm interested in this game, now that it's around $15 at Amazon.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 11:09 AM  
moonbeam31

It looks cool, like something they woud be playing on an episode of Star Treck The NExt Generation! OOPs-the nerd in me came out! It looks relaxing and mesmerizing
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 11:31 AM  
clh4207

I have it, but haven't used it in awhile. I have my Wii hooked up to a smaller TV and I had trouble reading some of the instructions. The little bit I did was relaxing and I really do need to spend more time with it.

If I get a chance today, I'll spend some time with it and give you my thoughts on it.
Old 06-10-12, 03:52 PM  
clh4207

I spent about 30 minutes with this today. I played a few levels of the games, which are mostly moving your remote and making sure that the seeds get sunlight and water and the mushrooms get moonlight. The game is supposed to be calming and not meant to be exercise.

Next, I did the meditation tutorial that describes how to sit and describes your posture. Following that, I did the first guided meditation. It was about 5 minutes long and Deepak told you how to breathe and how your body should be aligned. When you complete this, you open the silent meditation level.

I enjoyed this and felt very relaxed and calm. The games are ok, they do get a little boring after awhile. I did 3 levels of the Origin game and they are very similar. The game gets more complex as you move up the levels because there are more things to keep track of - seeds, mushrooms, grass, etc.

I liked the meditation. This is my first real exposure to meditation, but I feel like I learned the proper breathing and felt relaxed after the first guided meditation.

I tried to increase the font size, but there's no option for that. Fortunately, most of the instructions are also spoken. I believe you have the choice of voices for the guided meditations - either Deepak Chopra or a female voice.

I'm glad I purchased this and I'm glad this thread came up and prompted me to revisit this game.
Old 06-10-12, 05:47 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Cathy, thanks for your review. I'd forgotten there was a Wii version - I was thinking about getting the Kinect version.

I'm only interested in the meditation part. The seed-growing minigame was in the demo that I downloaded, and it didn't really float my boat. But the meditation got good reviews on Amazon. I'm glad you liked it!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 03:27 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Where is Leela when you need her. A game named after her, how cool is that??

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 03:59 PM  
Lisa A.
VF Supporter

My boyfriend bought me this game as a joke yesterday - for the 360. I'm going to give it a try this evening, I think.
Lisa A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, deepak chopra, kinect, leela, wii