Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-13, 10:49 AM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Sophie, how do Zumba Rush and Zumba Core compare? I was thinking of getting one this week while they're reduced at Amazon.
Good question! They're both relatively new to me - I got Rush about a month ago when the price finally went down, and Core for Christmas. Overall, the only differences I've seen are that the titles/info are slightly better for Core: on the class list, they actually tell you how long the workout is. I don't really use the progress tracker/achievements thingies so can't comment on that.

The basic animations are the same, and they use mostly the same instructors. Animation movement is good, but somehow the rendering makes everyone look a bit like a vampire, which is more amusing than disturbing.

Core has, as you might expect, more standing ab work, knee lifts, pelvic rotations, etc. But, you can still choose on the class list how much of that you want, they're classified as core, cardio, or core/cardio. I've tried one in each category, and it really just affects how much of that standing ab work gets included. The only drawback is that I can't seem to find anything less than high intensity for the short classes in Core, whereas the short classes in Rush have high, med, and low intensity.

I like them both - I'd have a hard time choosing one, so am glad I got one as a present!

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 10:50 AM  
bee1forfitness

We bought my little nephew a XBox Kinect...some times I play the Sport games with him..it's a lot of fun, and it's a good workout to. I especially like the boxing game. I have been looking at the Nike Training game I'll like to buy it and workout with it The Nike Kinect Training game tracks exercise movements and lets you know if you're doing it properly, also gives you a Fit test to take, and lot of challenges and training techniques are included with the game to...kind of like a virtual trainer, I think it could be a fun interactive fitness tool.

One note if you like to dance there's a new dance game that's very popular called Hip Hop Dance
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 11:16 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Thanks for the enablement, Sophie! I compared the two song lists, and Jhoom Barabar (my favorite song from Bollyrobics) and Jump Jive & Wail closed the deal for Zumba Core. Plus I had Amazon Visa points stored up, so it was "really" less than $15.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 12:24 PM  
carres1973

For those who have the Nike+ Kinect, is the workout a continuous session or is it like Your Shape where they "teach" you the exercise and then you perform it; "teach" you the next exercise, you perform, etc.? I was very frustrated with Your Shape Fitness Evolved because of that and gave up doing it!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 02:21 PM  
GotToBeFit

I sold my wii, but I still miss certain games like we chear and gold's gym boxing. I was getting into streaming and the xbox can pick up windows media center. I also wanted it for exercise.

Of the workouts I've purchased my favs are The Black Eyed Peas, Zumba rush, Your Shape Evolved 2012. I dislike The Biggest Loser and EA Active Sports because they keep losing me and you have to recalibrate in the mist of the program which is very inconvenient. My wants are Nike+ and UFC Trainer or maybe Self Defense Training Camp. An add on is Fruit Ninja which you can certainly get a good upper body workout.

I believe that you can get a good workout with certain programs. I wore my heart rate monitor using Zumba rush for an hour and burned 700 calories.

Tags
active gaming, kinect, xbox 360, zumba