Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-20-21, 07:41 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie, sorry to hear about your father in law. Sounds like he is getting monoclonal antibodies as a treatment and that apparently has decent success. I hope so. Sending healing thoughts. Glad to hear you are running.

I did a 5 mile Peloton run tonight. Great stress relief. We are supposed to get some more vaccine at the end of the week, bug it is not for sure yet.

Jbliff I think we are getting less vaccine in our county than originally hoped. But, every agency I know of is holding back that second dose too. I think we are woefully behind but some places are actually worse.

Cher I know you are glad it is not bitterly cold!

Waves to Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 08:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, thanks for the healing thoughts. I guess he was feeling a little better today. I was wondering if that was what he is getting. My brother has heard they've been having success with that. Ironically Monday was the first day vaccines were available here for age 65 and older. I was excited to start running again but with his being high risk and alone there's a chance I may be going to stay with him. I don't like the idea of him being alone and 5 hours away if he should take a turn for the worse. If that's the case, running will be on hold as it's too slick to run outside. If I end up going I would be staying in the basement and taking all precautions when I check on him, doing everything I can to keep myself safe.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 07:48 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was IDTV Travis Yoga 30 For 30 Yin Yoga. Ugh, slept awful and woke up at 3:15 am and never went back to sleep so did something light.

JBliff - No, I didn’t subscribe to Cathe Live. This was one of the downloads I bought a while back wherein she had a sale on them.

Vannie - Sending healing thoughts and prayers for your FIL. Keep us updated on him.

Karen - I wish I had a treadmill or a better bike to utilize the Peleton app more. I only have a staytionary bike. I suppose I could maybe try some of the nature rides and see how that goes. Temps have gotten a bit colder here this week but so far not overly cold.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 09:22 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I walked for about 40 minutes tonight. Just could not face the treadmill or running outside. It was nice and cool and felt good. I have gotten some upper body in this week.

Got my second shot today, about 6 hours ago. I have a slightly sore arm but less
Than last time. Wish me luck.

Cher the nature rides sound good! Let me know if you try them.

Night all, kareng
Old 01-22-21, 07:18 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I've been feeling a bit under the weather the last couple of days so didn't feel like posting. I was freaking out a bit as these days being sick makes your mind jump immediately to COVID! I did take a 40-minute walk with DH yesterday as the weather was pretty nice. Wednesday I did Rev'd Up Rumble with calorie crush + extended stretch.

Karjoy - Congratulations on getting your second vaccine dose! That's awesome.

Vannie - I hope your FIL is doing OK. Please stay safe yourself.

Cher - I hear you on the sleeplessness. I was up at 1:45 a.m. yesterday after going to bed about 10:30. I felt like death warmed over all day.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 09:35 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys: vaccine report. My arm is getting less sore and I had NO fever or aches
Or chills or fatigue. I feel fine. So glad I did not have a systemic reaction. It’s a mixed bag among my friends, sons of whom have had fever and aches and fatigue. Just an individual difference I suppose.

Resting today. Longish run in am.

Happy Birthday Gibbee! You are a dear! Kareng
Old 01-22-21, 09:35 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Meant to say hello to everyone. Kg
Old 01-23-21, 05:51 AM  
Cher

Workout Thursday was Tamilee Webb Fit to the Hits Rock Hard Assets (cheesy but fun ) and KCM Your Best Body Legs. I made my own cardio & weights circuit with these two. Since one is VHS & one is DVD, it was easy to just stop and start when I wanted to. Yesterday I did Tamilee Webb Fit to the Hits Motown Moves and Cathe Upper Body Add-on from her Basic Step dvd. I did the same as Thursday with this making my own cardio & weights circuit. It was kind of fun.

Karen - Glad you were able to get your second shot and had no side effects but a sore arm. That’s great! Still no luck getting a vaccine for anyone I know up here.

JBliff - I know how your mind jumps anytime you get sick now. I’m guessing by your workout, you’re feeling better. . I hate that tired feeling all day from lack of sleep.

Happy Birthday Gibbee! (If you didn’t see my FB post yesterday ).

Waves Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 10:58 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Perfect Pump Upper & Lower body + core + extended stretch.

Cher - Thanks for mentioning that Perfect Pump premix. For some reason breaking the workout up like that made it a bit easier and more fun. Yes, I am feeling almost 100% now. I think it was just allergies. I took Allegra for 3 days and that seemed to fix whatever was ailing me.

Gibbee - I hope you had a good birthday. We miss you around here.

Karjoy - Wonderful news about not having side effects.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote