Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-21, 08:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - January 2021

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy, healthy and safe January!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 08:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Below is my post from last month's (year's) thread:

Happy New Year!!

No workout or walk to report. I was feeling under the weather, and it was rainy and damp out. We had a nice quiet NYE.
I'm hoping to get out and walk today. I splurged at the last minute on the MR streaming deal. I know I won't use it all the time but I'm pretty sure I'll get enough use out of it. They're so short and no dread for me.

NORA, nice walk and workout. I have yet to open up my Perfect 30 dvds. One of these days. It's always good when you can see the positive and be grateful. Hard sometimes I know.

PENGUIN, congrats on closing out another page in your workout journal. I got a few suggestions on GD about the youtube issue that I'm going to check out.

Happy, healthy and safe New Year to all !!
Old 01-01-21, 02:27 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year!!

I've been MIA for a while now. My life last semester was TOTALLY out of control. Between COVID, experimenting with different types of teaching (hybrid, in-person, remote), chairing the dept, not getting my course release--so having to teach a full load, and a number of other things/duties, I was totally overwhelmed and struggled with keeping up. I got in a walk or did 10 min of a Les Mills dance workout on YT here or there, but there was just no time to work out consistently.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with working out this semester, but I'm going to try. We usually have have Interim, so we teach one class for the month of January, and then we start spring semester in February, but they switched things up and we are starting spring semester on Monday. We'll see how that goes. I won't have quite as many responsibilities, but I haven't had much of a break over the holidays, and I suspect that things are going to be insane again once the semester starts.

I had planned to do a walk in my neighborhood this morning, but it's raining here, so I worked out with Jessica. I did her 45 min 3-Mile Flat Abs Power Walk, then the 15 min Fast Fat Burn from her 15 min workouts DVD, then the 10 min cool down from her 10 min Mega Burn. Felt great!

SB - I was reading through the Dec thread to see what everyone has been up to and I saw that your DH suddenly passed away about 3 weeks ago. I was stunned to read the news. I'm so, so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know I'm late, but I extend my sincerest condolences to all of you. Sending much love and hugs. You are so inspiring here and you have consistently held things down in this checkin as many of us have come and gone, and I'm just so appreciative of your support and all that you've done over the years to keep us going. Hang in there. I'll definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. {{{hugs}}} Glad to see that you've been getting some walks in.

Nora - You've done a great job of keeping up with your workouts. I'm so grateful that you introduced me to Lose It! I ALWAYS gain weight over the holidays, but after gaining a lot of weight early in the pandemic, I started using Lose It again and even through holiday stress, I'm down about 20 lbs since the summer.

Julie - I was so glad to see your posts! I know you've had some difficulties, but it seems like you are on the other side of them. I'm rooting for you and hoping for all the best! You've done such a great job of keeping up with your workouts, also.

Penguin - Good job with your workouts, too! You've had a lot going on. I was relieved to see that your DH tested negative for Covid.

Waves to All!
Old 01-01-21, 06:54 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Happy New year! Last night was cold and rainy, so the fireworks started in Ernest about 11:30 and quit about 1:30am when Hubby got home from work. Hubby suspects they are going to be worse tonight because its not raining. {as I'm typing this I heard a few pops!}

Today was LIC, and I started a cardio workout but she kept saying, during the warmup, how we were going to repeat everything. Yuck. So I switched to Rich Bhullar walking workouts. I started with 5000steps walking workout This was filmed on a beach in Dubai. {not sure if that's where he is or he was just visiting, he's got a British accent?} then I did 1800 steps Walking Dance workout
. the moves were easy enough but I thought the music was horrible.

SB, I hope the suggestions work out for you. Nothing more annoying than workout interruptions! Good job on getting the MR deal, its worth it if you know you'll use it.

Cambet, good to see you here! I hope this semester is calmer than last and you get a chance to rest!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-01-21 at 06:55 PM. Reason: glaring errors :D
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Still no workouts or walks to report. I was going to walk with DS yesterday but I still wasn't feeling well. I don't know if it's a bug or stress/anxiety related but I was shaky and off balance and had some digestive issues. I haven't been sleeping or eating well either. I have a doctor appt for a physical in February but if I don't feel better soon I'll go in for a sick visit. I'll see how today goes, but I would like to walk if I feel up to it.

CAMBET, so good to see you! Happy New Year to you and I hope you're able to have a more manageable semester this spring.
And a big congrats on 20 lbs down! Thank you so much for your condolences and prayers. Your kind words mean a lot to me and you all have inspired me through the years.

PENGUIN, looks like you got some good steps in even with the horrible music. I hope the fireworks weren't too disruptive.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 01-02-21, 05:38 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Cambet, it's so nice to see you back here. I've been thinking of you now and again and hoping all's well! As for LoseIt....I'm in need of going back there this Monday as a matter of fact. All the Christmas baking did me no good, and my pants are feeling tight. Good for you on the 20 lb loss. That's amazing!

SB - I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather. It's certainly understandable. Take care of yourself and go to the clinic if you think it's a good idea.

PP- I take it you don't enjoy fireworks!!

Yesterday and today: one hour walk
Old 01-02-21, 07:26 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, the fireworks weren't bad at all last night. Hubby went in early and got off early so we were in bed by 10ish for a change. I slept straight through until 7am, and then tossed and turned for a few more hours.

Nora, I think fireworks are pretty, but not while I'm trying to sleep and Cindy is barking her head off! It sounded like WWIII out there!

Hubby had to call in sick to work today. Apparently, he ate some bad ice cream from the fridge at work. Duh! He also got the news that he's going to have a shift change, to nights, and the worst possible off days, the three days I get to go somewhere outside of the house. Also not good for camping vacations. Well see how that works. Church is still cutting back on activities, so it may not be as bad as I expect. I just don't want to be stuck at home all day, with him trying to sleep in the next room.

Today was supposed to be barre/dance but I forgot about the barre part. I had to kick Hubby out of the LR and just got into the dance part. I did 3 workouts by Reps To the Rhythm. KPop Cardio 3000 steps #6, 1M 2300 steps Happy Walk #10, and 1500 steps #4

Stay warm and have a great weekend

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 10:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

25 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I was feeling a little better yesterday and did a short neighborhood walk with DD and the swings after dinner. It's snowing right now but I think it's changing to rain later so probably no walk. I'm also a little shaky again today so I'll try to rest.

NORA, keep those walks coming. Well done.

PENGUIN, glad the fireworks didn't disturb your sleep. Ugh on hubby's shift change.
I hope you guys can work with that.
Good job with Reps to the Rhythm.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-04-21, 05:34 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did some weight-work: Abs Diet with Tom Holland. No walk.
Today: 55 minute walk

SB- I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better. It sounds like you're still not quite yourself, though. Rest sounds like a great idea.

PP- I hope hubs is feeling better today. Too bad about the shift change, but I know you've been there before, so you'll work it out...I hope!!
Old 01-05-21, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

DD and I had a lot of errands yesterday and she had a dentist appointment so we were out all afternoon. When we finally got home I had no time or energy left for a walk. I did the swings after dinner. I am hoping for a walk today even if it's a shorter one. After being out all afternoon yesterday I did feel better and more energized.

NORA, good job getting some weight work in. I think I'll have to wait a little longer on that but you never know.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!