Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-21, 11:33 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - that's a good idea to follow along with the challenge without signing up, less stress! Between happilady mentioning GetHealthyU and now you've signed up, of course I had to check it out! I did not see a $12 option, but I did sign up for their newsletter, so maybe they'll send me that offer? I had it a few years ago and I really like Chris, but most of the workouts were too intense for my taste. I'm ready to try again for $12!
Helen - that's great news that you can do more than just walk your dog! I'm sure you'll be careful and follow the instructions. That's pretty funny that you outlasted the test! When you tell people you work out, I think they really don't believe the level of activity that most of us on VF actually do!
Pam - glad you enjoyed your time in the city w/ family! That's a LOT of steps in 1 day!

1/16 - dog walk
Rick Bhullar's Top 10 Pop Hits (didn't like this one as much as the Disco Funk)
Ashtanga Yoga Theraputic Session
Tiziana's Lymphatic Cleanse plus her Beginner Osteo w/o from Belicon.
1/17 - dog walk
Yoga with Adriene's Day 1 Invite Breath. Since I was only doing yoga, I went for a long one, but I really, really don't like long yoga sessions. I spent most of the time looking at the clock.
1/18 - dog walk
Leslie's Express 5 Miles, most of the miles were without Leslie.
Peloton's 20 Min. Slow Flow w/ Denis Morton. I like him as a yoga instructor. As a spin instructor he is always pushing his different rides, to a point of sounding like an infomercial, although the rides themselves are good.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 07:28 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Chris Freytag

Lili: Check your email for something like, "A Special Invitation from Chris" .... If that doesn't work, find some junk from the website (if you were a member, you undoubtedly will be getting some of her emails -- check your spam folder). Go to the website, surf around and leave. . . and then wait ....

The email may show up then. It's $3.00 for the subscription. Once you do that, it asks if you want to do a one-time upgrade for $9.00 to her GOLD membership. and Voila ... The website actually still had my user name and password still on file, cuz when I went to make a new password, it told me my account already existed. . .

It's worth a try.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 02:36 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello, I’m still here! We had a lovely time in the city, good weather, lots of walks, outdoor playtime with the little ones, good food.....

Jan 17:
~More city walking, 15,000 steps
~Another long stretch session, this time DH did it with me

Jan 18:
~City walk
~Essentrics TV: Sahra’s Live
~Body Groove: 15 min
~Guided forest meditation (YT)

Jan 19:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~2 walks, trail walk with my sister & neighbourhood walk with DH
~Hatha Yoga class live stream on the Mindbody app from a studio in the city
~Insight Timer: Relaxing Beach Guided Meditation

I’ll catch up eventually, hope all is well with everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 08:44 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Keepin' it going

Lili: that's funny you say that about Denis! (his infomercial type recommendations of other rides). I never noticed it. (Now I'm sure I will.) I enjoy his taste in music and his "waltzes" on the bike far more than I like Matt's. I think of Matt's Power Zone training as my veggies and Denis's rides as my fun/dessert type stuff. It's all good. I do know in one of his cool down rides I do (Grateful Dead), he does say something like, "In the ride you just took "with me" ??? right ....." and it kinda annoys me ..... But it's what they have to do to keep their numbers up. Let's face it - it's their job. Even though we'd like to think it's all about us! Business is business. No comment on the yoga as we all know how I feela bout that! and long sessions? anything over 5 minutes is long in my book. tee-hee

Pam: We knew you'd pop in soon. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad that you got lots of walks and visiting and fun and food and life! Yep! love it.

Helen:
You continue to amaze me. a month off of work? Well, you will be healing and doing PT and all that. It will go fast, the first half just finding a new routine. It is what it is .... I know you'll use your time wisely.

Waves to Kay and Happilady! I sure hope we didn't scare Happilady off?!? Come back. Come back.

Ok, on to the favorite subject: Me, me and all me:

1/19/2021: Rowed 30 minutes (a sweat workout with Dani from 2018. 2 segments of a pyramid interval and one segment of technical stuff). Not sure I like that format. I like to just row, row, row my boat. errrr rower. And then do the technical stuff separate. But it was ok. Then was 10 minutes core with Emma Lovewell (tough - alot of bear planks, side planks, planks - I am getting better), 10 mins. Arms & Shoulders with Hanna Frankson and 20 mins. Arms and Shoulders with Jess Simms.

** Helen - you mentioned doing side planks on my knee (S) and that is exactly how I do them. Usually just one knee. My regular planks are getting much better and I can hold it for the alloted time at least the first round. I can do the bear planks too. So I'm happy with my progression on strength.

Ok, off to figure out what I'm "stacking" today on the workout front. I'm also going to try and see if I can get Bellicon through my roku. It would make their workouts so much better. Otherwise? I'll probably give it up come time to renew my subscription and just stick with Naomi Joy and San Fran. As they are terrific. And I can stream them seamlessly.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 01-20-21, 09:39 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - thanks for the suggestion on GHU! I unsubscribed from their newsletters a while ago and just signed up again. I was hoping for a deal with their welcome letter, but maybe I just have to hold out. Unfortunately, theirs was one site I had to stream through my iPad through the cable to the TV, so the delay issue. It's worth it to have options, though, and I always liked Chris.
I never considered that Peloton instructors needed to get you to watch more, but that makes sense. I have always liked Denis' rides and his music choices and the fact that he stays on the beat. Sorry to point something out that might start to bug you too!
Pam - you are certainly getting your steps in! Family time is the best, especially now when it is not readily available.

1/19 - dog walk
Bellicon's More Bounce Less Inches w/ Tiziana. I think I started a second one, but gave up. I did earn another badge, though!
WOW National Dance Day
Adriene's Yoga for Flexibility

Old 01-21-21, 03:13 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

1/20 - dog walk
5000 Steps w/ Rick Bhullar
2000 Steps w/ Gina B
Yoga with Adriene, forget the title, but nice and stretchy

Cleda - did you see that Joe Biden wants to take his Peloton to the White House? He and Jill both use it! There is a problem with security, though, since you can let other people listen in? I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Old 01-22-21, 09:45 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

This never happens - I'm the only one posting!!!

1/21 - dog walk
1 Basic Mile with Leslie
30 Min. Walk & Run with Matt Wilpers
10 Min. Cool Down Walk w/ Becs Gentry
15 Min. Resistance Bands: Full Body w/ Hannah Corbin
Meditation from Doyogawithme

Old 01-22-21, 05:58 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I'm reading ...

you are NOT alone Lili!

No time to post right now though (I should be working out.)
Peloton stacking has taken over my life. Oh and work and life and all that .....

I'll be back though, I promise!

Dancin' with myseeeellllffffff

Cleda
Old 01-23-21, 03:12 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sorry to leave you dancing alone Lili!

Jan 20:
~Barre3: 30 min cardio focus
~Body Groove: 30 min
~Essentrics TV: Maude’s Live
~Jessica’s Gentle Yoga for Balance Flexibility & Mobility: Flow 4 Full Body Focus

Jan 21:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~Trail walk
~BellyFit Flow: Ice Queen
~Insight Timer: The River of Life

Jan 22:
~Essentrics TV: Amanda’s live
~7 km trail walk
~Yee’s AMY4YW: hip openers
~Insight Timer: Lotus Relaxation Guided Visualization

Lili - Nice yoga practices!

Cleda - I’m not a big fan of planks as my wrists protest so I usually sub forearm planks. I do like bear planks though, I can move my hands forward a bit to ease the wrist angle.

Helen - I’m glad your PT didn’t give you too many restrictions. A month off work might not be a downside! If you end up having the surgery, you’ll recover quickly. My DH & DS2 are knee surgery veterans & both
recovered nicely. DH injured his playing hockey, DS playing football.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 07:40 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Post and maybe run? Who knows!

It's Saturday morning here and already time is getting away from me. Lots on the agenda (chores, etc.) so not much time. Just don't want Lili and Pam Dancing Alone.

Now, when was the last time I checked in? oh my!

1/20/21: 5 mins HIIT cardio, 20 mins. Core w/Andy, 15 mins. Pop HIIT cardio w/Olivia, 10 mins. HIIT Cardio Rebecca, 15 mins. Carribean HIIT cardio w/Jess Simes, 45 mins. Power Zone Ride with Denis + a 5 mins. Post ride stretch

1/21/21: 10 mins.Core
w/Matty, 10 mins. Glutes & legs with Adrian, 20 mins. Country Ride with Ally, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch

1/22/21: 20 mins. Row with Mike (Breathe), 10 mins. Core with Robin, 10 minutes Chest & Back, Started a 20 mins. Upper body with Matty and Joni'od it ... No thanks! I was beat.

all of those little workouts on Wed. were for a badge (obviously). It was layered 6 workouts, 9 workouts and 12 workouts. I thought I'd get one for each level, but as I earned the next level the previous badge went away. Doggone it. I'dda screen shotted it at the very least had I known that. So my final badge is the "12" of strength and cardio workouts. And let me tell you - our videos and awesome instructors have us so spoiled cuz Peloton instructors are NOT very good at any type of kickboxing. They don't even do even sides.?!? Frustrating. But now I know. I'll stick to bike, tread, bootcamps and strength (which is plenty).

I had every intention of working out 1/21 after I got home from work. The morning workout was just the bare minimum and enough to get me going. Obviously, after work didn't happen, I was tired.

then 1/22 I was tired in the a.m. and futzed around on the computer and ran out of time, so I HAD to do something after work. Again, i was tired (story of my life) and by the time I got to Matty's upper body I was annoyed, so I stopped. I did enjoy the row though. Felt good.

The strength challenge I'm in is only another 8 days. I am good with that and pleased that I've done as much strength as I have. Most days I do all of the called for workouts, others I just pick and choose and you know what? it's alright. I'm incorporating the Power Zone rides and it's like "going home". I do like them. They do get a good sweat going.

Ok, gotta run. Waves to all. I have a lot on the agenda today.
Make it a great day!
Cleda