Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-20, 09:30 AM  
TinaT

Happy New Rear to all! My goals for 2021

Obviously it's been a crazy tough year for many of us. For me, it's been trying to have a complete recovery from Covid. I contracted the virus in Oct. and had the usual symptons of fever, fatigue, no taste or smell, bodyaches, dry couch. It took me 3 weeks to break the fever and officially not be contagious.

Since then I've continued to battle the fatigue and have not fully gained back my smell and taste. Food doesn't taste the same as it should. I have not been able to workout and I nap most days. I also had a spike in my blood pressure that has taken weeks to get under control and back to a normal number for me.

I share all this to say, I need to make 2021 a year of "Determination". I just turned 56 and feel so much older after having Covid. This isn't me. I need to move, eat healthy and start doing what I can to put this behind me.

So, I plan to start with what I always do. Journal my intake, starting moving at least 20-30 a day. Lots of water!! My goals are simple and doable. Hopefully I can get back to my normal workouts and make 2020 a distant memory.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 09:35 AM  
donnamp

Oh, Tina - so sorry to hear you had COVID. Your plan of recovery sounds good just take it as slow as you need... I had a bad flu once and it took me 2 months to feel like myself again - (I got sick in March and it wasn't until Memorial Day that I started to feel like myself again) - and COVID is worse...so just listen to your body -no timelines...one day at a time b/c speeding ahead often results in setbacks.

I have no really plans - other than I want to work on my eating habits which have taken a beating during quarantine season.....healthier snacks, better meal planning and also more conscious attempts at movement throughout the day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 09:46 AM  
TinaT

Hi Donna, I know. The whole eating aimlessly has been terrible for me. I need to pull it together. If Covid taught me anything, it was to be intentional with my days and don't take them for granted.

We lost a friend to Covid here in our local area. Same age as me. It has been a wake up call for sure.

I also plan to check in here more ofter this next year. I miss the accountability of letting you all know my good, bad and ugly days. LOL
Old 12-30-20, 10:40 AM  
anetta

Tina:
I am sorry you had COVID-it is so scary. I think your plan sounds great.

CS has some great new workouts on the streaming ETV.

I love the Happy New Rear, I remember when the Firm would say that in January

Hope you feel better soon.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 11:52 AM  
fanofladyvols

Tina I'm glad you're on your way to getting your feet under you but sorry it's taking so long

I think finding a check-in or checking in more often will definitely help you, too.

Also, thanks for making me chuckle at the thread title

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 11:53 AM  
TinaT

Thanks Anita and fanofladyvols. I just need to start focusing on one day at a time and not look too far ahead.
Old 12-30-20, 12:34 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Tina, Happy New Rear to you, too! I hope your regain your strength and health in 2021. Come join the VF New Year’s Day Marathon; even if you just do some stretching, it will make you feel better, and you’ll be starting off the New Year with a new outlook.

It's a struggle to be motivated during the very challenging and disorienting time in which we live.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:56 PM  
noodles

Tina I'm so sorry you contracted COVID and are now dealing with recovery. Four years ago I had a horrible respiratory flu that took 6 months recovery time. I couldn't even work full time due to fatigue and shortness of breath. The treadmill even sucked everything out of me i couldn't even use it. I finally took therapeutic Qigong for 8 weeks and felt 80% better. It's amazing what alternative therapy can do sometimes. Hope you achieve your goals. 💗
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 08:42 AM  
TinaT

Today is my official weigh and measure for this new year. I am preparing myself to see terrible numbers, but none the less, I need to know my start point. It will help me to move forward and focus on what is healthy.
Old 01-03-21, 01:04 PM  
gigi

My goals are to "try softer." I tend to go all out when my body is telling me otherwise so I need to listen and slow down the reps, do less reps, use less weights when my body is telling me to.

I want to drop the eat junkfood when I'm relaxing habit which is usually after I've worked out so hard.

I want to stop working out to make up for bad eating.

I want to have a good balance of eating foods I enjoy and working out but not working out to make up for eating horribly or as an excuse to to eat horribly.

For example, I dropped The Work and am going back to The Work Prep. My first "try softer" decision, which is based on a book I started reading.

I bought I journal to use for the Try Softer Book to work through some things. I will also journal Bible verses and quotes or inspirational message or good things that happen that I want to remember. I'm re-reading, "You're Going to Be Okay" by Holley Gerth. I want to cut out mindless binge watching tv shows and make time to read books that will teach, uplift, and help me as well as the fiction I enjoy. I want to learn to be o.k. with "being still."

I want to be more gentle and not so hard on myself and my "faults" and the changes my body is going through now that I'm 50.