Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-21, 10:04 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 10:29 PM  
MathTeacher

I did not make it until midnight last night either, but I am wide awake tonight.
Old 01-02-21, 12:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Just pasting my VF exercise marathon check in. I will be back tmrw!

I didn't sign up for a morning time slot (good thing since I stayed up till 3 this morning!) but I started at 10:48 AM (MN time) and did days 18 and 19 of Lee Holden's Qi Gong 30-day challenge, then I did days 1 and 2 of Lucy Wyndham-Read's Fitness Advent calendar (only a month late!) and finished with Fightmaster Yoga -Yoga for Beginners at Home 30-day challenge day 3.

For my 6 PM time slot I started a little late bc our walk got wonky with other dogs out (Cyric is terribly dog reactive) so at 5:10 my time I got started with day 13 of the Crossrope 14-day beginner's challenge (that I started last February! ) and then Lucy's calendar day 4. I was supposed to have started hers earlier in the week to be on day 4 today but never did. I'll do day 3 tmrw. Anyway, it was fun knowing Linda was working out at the same time. If not for this marathon I would not have worked out this evening but doing so afforded me some extra calories! While jumping rope, though, I was so thankful I don't have a weighted rope bc I could not stop tripping no matter how I jumped or what I tried. Very frustrating. Maybe that 3 AM bedtime catching up to me??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 01:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Ironically one of the podcasts I try to listen to daily had an episode for the 1st titled smthg like: Unsure about your goals? Start here. Too bad I didn't listen today! Hopefully tmrw.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-02-21, 08:33 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'm so happy for this Check-in method. It's really working for me. I love the idea of setting goals; mine are activity habits I really, really, want to do. So this check-in format, for me, is:
  • an easy way to log whether I've done my activity session
  • a daily reminder: This is not something I "have" to do, it's what I "want" to do
  • a visual view of how I'm doing. (I mark my missed sessions in red.)
  • an easy way to see trends. (For example, I notice I often don't have motivation to do an afternoon activity after I've sat in front of a computer all day, I need to find a way to address that.)
THANK YOU!
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 09:01 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I wonder if I might join you? I need to work on goals and habits and this seems like a good way. I'm a big believer in following the KISS principle, so I'm going to focus on the few things I want to start with this year. Every day, I want to:
  • Exercise. Do something physical. I did pretty well in 2020 until right before Christmas and then went off the rails, so I hope this won't be too hard to get back to.
  • Planner - I really need to get back to using one, so I want to spend some time each day in it. I need to get it set up and start using it.
  • Clean. Every day, I want to clean something in the house. I'm a bad housekeeper, so I want to work on doing better overall and I need to clean up my office/craft room. That's going to be an enormous project.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 09:37 AM  
MathTeacher

Hi Laura, I'm glad you are joining us!!
Old 01-02-21, 09:44 AM  
Vantreesta

I decided my goals will start counting on Monday. I think I'd rather miss the first few days (even though it's a new year!) and figure out what I want than just hit the ground without clarity.

Mell, so happy to have you back with us! Going to bed by 10 is an extreme rarity for me. I'm trying to dial in my night owliness to become more or a morning person, a goal I have had for probably like 8 years already! I am not very dedicated with it.

Anita, I'm so glad this challenge format is working for you! I set it up after attempting to do a 100 challenge back on Collage where you started the month with 100 pts and deducted a point each time you didn't do a goal. That setup didn't work so well for someone like me who often has 20 goals (I can't prioritize, everything is important *right now*) and it was demotivating for me but there was a part of it I liked. I decided to flip it and Add 'em up was born!

Laura, welcome to the group! Cleaning is high on my list too (I scaled back my goals the last two months) as it is my "job" and I am not good at it. I quit my job nearly two years ago and the deal I made with hubby was that I would keep the house clean in exchange for not having to go back to work right away. I need to do a better job holding up my end.

Katie, MT and Sherry, I am so thankful for you guys doing this with me for so long. Sometimes it's been a wild ride and you guys have always been there for me. I treasure your friendship.

I better head out and walk Cyric. He is such a patient boy! Which also means he's an enabler bc D'Argo and Chianna never let me sleep past the alarm!

Old 01-02-21, 11:03 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Welcome Laura and Anita! Waves to MT, Vannie, Mell and Sherry-great to see everyone back!

Laura, I can relate very much to your goals. I like the KISS principle.

Vannie, I was just thinking the other day of the Collage video forum and how much fun that was. Glad we've all been on the journey together!

New goal for me this month is to reduce the number of youtube exercise clips I've saved. Yikes, I've got 194 now. I keep finding better ones without deleting the old ones. And now it's a mess. So I'm going to work on deleting a certain number each month to get it down to a reasonable size and I can't add any unless I delete one for each addition.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 02:27 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
[*]Clean. Every day, I want to clean something in the house. I'm a bad housekeeper, so I want to work on doing better overall and I need to clean up my office/craft room. That's going to be an enormous project.[/LIST]
Oh, I like this one! I will consider adding it to my list for February.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote