Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-19, 12:06 PM  
sherry7899

Ot:cat litter question

I am sorry for the OT thread.

Can anyone suggest a low dust clumping litter for a multiple cat household? I would like something I can order online from Walmart, chewy.com etc. The brand we had been using changed and now creates a ton of dust.

Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 12:22 PM  
jusca

I liked Walmart's Special Kitty no fragrance and no dust variety in the 40lb (it may be 20lbs i cant remember)cardbox box. It really worked well for me. No more clouds while scooping :-)
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 01:02 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I liked Walmart's Special Kitty no fragrance and no dust variety in the 40lb (it may be 20lbs i cant remember)cardbox box. It really worked well for me. No more clouds while scooping :-)
I will look that up. Thank you!

Old 05-21-19, 05:53 PM  
furmomof6

I love, love, love the "So Fresh" grass seed multi-cat cat litter they sell at Petco (you can order online from there, but I think you can also get it from Amazon). DH and I had been on a huge hunt for a good cat litter since the one we were using was discontinued. This does not disappoint! There is virtually no dust and the clumping and odor control is great! Occasionally we will smell when the cat goes #2, but that's usually because they didn't bury it! It does track a bit, but that's the only downside. Oh, and it's kind of pricey too, but a little goes a long way. I have 5 cats and we love it!

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...eed-cat-litter

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 09:08 PM  
bfit

Do you have a Petco store near you at all? You can keep refilling your container from a big bin they have in the store so you don't have to keep throwing out containers. It's not advertised as low dust, but I have not noticed any clouds of dust at home. Once in a while there will be some dust as you dig around in the big bin at the store, but not at home. Our cat is very "sneezy" (he sneezes at the least little thiing), but this litter does not bother him.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 05:28 AM  
Carol K

I'm in charge of food and my husband is in charge of litter. He is currently using a mixture of Touch of Outdoors by Dr. Elsey and Arm & Hammer Cloud Control. We have two cats, two litter boxes and they both use both boxes.
Old 05-22-19, 11:08 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

This is hands down the best I ever used. 4 cats love it! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 11:10 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Old 05-22-19, 06:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

We use SWheat Scoop 3x since we have 5 inside cats. It isn't 100% dust free but is so very much better than clay. It's supposed to be flushable but we don't do that. I'm actually interested in Dr. Elsey's and "So Phresh," as they seem to be good options as well. I had never heard of either of them.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 07:12 AM  
cyana

We've been using okoCat for about six months. Pros - minimal dust (made from reclaimed wood), lightweight, minimal packaging (comes in a box with no plastic). Supposedly it is flushable but I don't flush it. Cons: tracking. I can deal with the tracking with a single cat due to the other pros, but it makes DH nuts.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote