VF Supporter

downloading tech question

How can you download videos to your smartphone from YueTube? Thanks

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 10:23 AM  
Rhonda

I am also going to ask a techy question.

I am trying to download the 30for30 program. I have it open on my iPhone and hit the download button, and it starts playing the episode. Can you not download this to the iPhone or is it downloading and you have to play the episode to do so.

If that is the case, it will take all day to do all the episodes.

Can you put to DVD?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 11:00 AM  
laurajhawk

Rhonda, I had only downloaded 30for30 to my laptop, but I looked to see if I can download to my iPhone. I could not find a download button, so I looked at the FAQ and it says "Currently, you're only able to download videos to a computer." There is more info in the FAQ about transferring downloaded videos to a tablet and about common problems.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Last edited by laurajhawk; 05-13-19 at 11:00 AM. Reason: typo
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 03:12 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
How can you download videos to your smartphone from YueTube? Thanks
I am really not smart with this stuff myself, but what I did is set up an account with You Tube, subscribe to the channels I want and "sinc" it to both my android tablet and phone through Google. It will give you the download option. You may have to pay for that, but otherwise you can still view it and set up a library of saved workouts. I tried to set up my account on my smart tv, but that didn't work so well. I just mirror it from my tablet or phone to my tv. Love it!

Hope this helps, but I apologize if this is not what you are asking. I am feeling my way through the tech stuff myself.

Last edited by marki64; 05-13-19 at 03:39 PM.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:09 PM  
Scorpio6

bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:26 PM  
Lannette

I don’t know if this is true for all smart phones but I do know that you can’t download directly to an iPhone or iPad. I download to my MacBook Pro then connect my phone to my laptop via cable and transfer the videos to the phone.
I’ve downloaded purchased videos and a few YouTube videos this way. It’s been a while since I’ve downloaded YT videos but back when I did the quality was pretty marginal and I’m not that picky. Maybe that’s changed since then.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:40 PM  
Lannette

I just found this site. https://www.youtubnow.com/

Supposedly you can download youtube videos using the site. I can’t attest for the site since I’ve never used it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 08:29 PM  
horsemom2

Downloading Digital files

supposedly there are 2 apps that enable downloading from youtube on a smart phone:
https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/13/downl...droid-7628198/

If you want to transfer a file from a pc/laptop to a smart phone:
I only have a feature tracfone and a never activated old tracfone smartphone which was free and can transfer digital files from my laptops to the storage cards (microSD cards) in the fones with a data cable.
I transfer mostly music files.
Neither fone streams to a tv and the tiny screen is not great for videos.
I can transfer files to a tablet using a USB drive and have a HDmi cable that streams to a HDtv if I want a larger screen but prefer using my laptops for both streaming and playing downloads.

I assume this transfer of files would be even easier with a smartphone, especially with much larger internal storage options.

Chrome greatly restricts downloading of files from youtube but a third party software 4k video downloader works great on my laptops:
https://www.4kdownload.com/products/...ideodownloader

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 03:15 PM  
warriorprincess

I love https://www.4kdownload.com apps, but they only download to macs and pcs. There's an option to automatically add it to itunes, if you use that. I use it for videos, but I set it up for a friend of mine to download music.

You could set up a Google Drive folder and download to it, and use the Google Drive app on your phone to access them. I think you get 5G for free.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 06:07 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I love https://www.4kdownload.com apps, but they only download to macs and pcs. There's an option to automatically add it to itunes, if you use that. I use it for videos, but I set it up for a friend of mine to download music.

You could set up a Google Drive folder and download to it, and use the Google Drive app on your phone to access them. I think you get 5G for free.
Google Drive gives 15 gigs free so a good option
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download