Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-19, 07:56 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Your Mount Everest workout??

I'm thinking about attempting my current Mount Everest workout today. This Fit Body by Julia workout is by far the TOUGHEST workout I've ever done. Last time I attempted it I had to stop after Set 7 as I was completely wiped and I still wound up being sore for days. lol

Here's my Mount Everest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8h...aENjZo&index=2

I know a lot of ladies on here no longer do intense workouts, but for those that still do...what is your Mount Everest that you hope to conquer some day??
Old 02-27-19, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Wow, looks tough - kudos to her for working out w/ her baby in the jumper thing!!!

I don't really do intense workouts all that often, but back in the day I'd say my Mt. Everest workouts would have been Gin Miller's Intense Moves or one of Cathe's interval step workouts.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 08:36 AM  
bubbles76

Cathe's Imax 3. All the way through, no rests. I cannot do it. I've only tried it once, and have been scared ever since
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 09:07 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Cathe's Imax 3. All the way through, no rests. I cannot do it. I've only tried it once, and have been scared ever since
Oof, I tried that one once. I made it through the warm up then got immediately lost in the choreography. I've actually been revisiting some of Cathe's step workouts lately that I've had trouble with in the past due to the choreography. I'm having fun with it! I did the first 29 minutes of Step Blast yesterday and actually was able to keep up with most of it without tripping over my feet. I got lost around that mark so I stopped there. However it was the first time I ever got that far! I'm slowly catching on to some choreography after all these years. LOL
Old 02-27-19, 09:19 AM  
owltx

All of Cathe's X10 (X77?). I did it once - I was definitely modifying by the end (read: breaks to gasp for air). I now do 2-3 at a time - much more doable. Someday, I would like to gear up 77 again.
Old 02-27-19, 09:30 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Wow, looks tough - kudos to her for working out w/ her baby in the jumper thing!!!

I don't really do intense workouts all that often, but back in the day I'd say my Mt. Everest workouts would have been Gin Miller's Intense Moves or one of Cathe's interval step workouts.

Donna
It is so adorable when she works out with the kiddos. One time she was doing a glute bridge set and her youngest at the time, Max, kept running into her with his walker. He kept going out of the frame, coming back into the frame to tap mama, then backing out of the frame....LOL
Old 02-27-19, 10:09 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
All of Cathe's X10 (X77?). I did it once - I was definitely modifying by the end (read: breaks to gasp for air). I now do 2-3 at a time - much more doable. Someday, I would like to gear up 77 again.
I'm not even attempting that one all the way through lol! You're a brave one!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 02:42 PM  
muggle

Definitely X77. I usually have to work my way up to it. Serious dread factor
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 10:27 PM  
marki64

Cathe's Cardio Hiit. Talk about sucking wind! I use to try to do all 3, but I would breathe so hard. 2 of the 3 is plenty. I rarely do this one because of the dread. I need to do a segment or 2 soon. I need to eat my wheaties before I do it.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 08:28 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Well, I managed to get to Set 7 again on that workout...with modifications. Heh. Remembering how sore my chest and shoulders got last time (due to all the burpees), I decided to sub some of the Hiit moves that used the upper body with lower body or back moves (I subbed the manmakers with rows for example). I am not too sore today as a result. I'll reach that summit some day!

Tags
fit body by julia, hardest cathe, hardest workouts, mount everest workout