Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-21-21, 08:03 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
hdw, I didn't see any kettlebell workouts in Epic II. Where am I missing them? Thanks. Love kettlebells.
I was wrong. It's not from EPIC. It was in between EPICs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxfX7Z4am1Q

I love Keith Weber kettlebell
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 08:06 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Both full body workouts from EPIC 2 is great! If you like metabolic workouts... Look like tomorrow is going to be full body circuit work.
Old 01-21-21, 10:11 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi! I'm popping in from another check-in group. Hope that's ok.

Another VF friend in the check-in and I want to do one of Caroline's workout as our Fun Friday workout. Do ya'll have any suggestions for a Fun Friday Caroline workout?
You're very welcome! I love check-in cross-overs, and I'm tickled by the idea of all of us doing the same workout.

I'm recovering from a cold so might not be able to join. But if I have the energy I'll try to join in. I might do the same workout as you but with super light weights, or even the total body from EPIC beginner - just to be able to move.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 10:13 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
EPIC I Day 17 Lunges

Wow, just wow. Kept my weights and went with it. Happy it's over. Was thrilled when we moved on to BW exercises. Chest and triceps tomorrow.
I'd heard on the FB group this was super tough so I psyched myself up for it. But I actually found it only normal hard (for Caroline). I think I struggled more with Day 7. Clearly, that means I need to up my weights more...:-)
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 08:43 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 18 Chest and Triceps. So where do I feel it most? My shoulders! Tried to stay with the same weight I started with but didn't think that was a good idea.

bex: I had the barre shaking going on with the lunge workout - a little scary when you're holding weights. I seem closer to Caroline's weights for lower body than upper - I was using 20 lbs.
Old 01-22-21, 09:04 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Both full body workouts from EPIC 2 is great! If you like metabolic workouts... Look like tomorrow is going to be full body circuit work.
I just did my first Caroline workout today for Fun Friday! Wow! She is strong! I was using 12 pounds while she used 12 kg I may have been able to go slightly heavier on a few but I was being cautious since I'm new to her workouts. I'm not usually a fan of repetition but this one moves quickly. Loved the music too! Are her other full body workouts similar to this one? I like the combo of cardio and weights with unique moves. Looking forward to trying other routines.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 02:44 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I'd heard on the FB group this was super tough so I psyched myself up for it. But I actually found it only normal hard (for Caroline). I think I struggled more with Day 7. Clearly, that means I need to up my weights more...:-)
Hi All—Yesterday I did Epic Day 7. I read a bunch of the comments first and was a little worried about trying it, but to my surprise I made it through. I thought I was going to have wicked DOMS today but it’s not too bad at all. I used 12lb weights as I am working my way back up after having rotator cuff surgery last year and a brutal recovery. I lost a ton of strength.

Today I did Caroline’s 1000 rep challenge Ab workout. Has anyone tried this one? I thought it would slay me and gave myself permission to quit after 500 reps if it got too much but I was able to do all 1000 and it really wasn’t too bad at all. I followed it with a 45-minute Peloton cycling class (Beatles with Dennis Morton).

I love reading about Caroline’s workouts here.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 06:56 PM  
manleym

I just finished Caroline's Fun Full Body Strength & Cardio Circuits Workout. How did she know this was Fun Friday? This was a great workout! I liked her variations of some of the moves and it went quickly. I used 10, 12, and 15 lb dumbbells, depending on the move. It is different working out to only music since there's no one telling you to focus on form, go deeper, etc. I liked the variation of this workout - some weights, some isometric holds (HELLO sumo squats ) I just have to remember to stay focused on my form and not let laziness or fatigue cause bad form. It was a nice change of pace and she had some nice variations of moves. It was definitely worth doing for a Fun Friday!

ETA: I'll be interested to hear what ya'll think of this workout since ya'll have been doing Caroline and this was my first one. This workout was not weight intensive to me. Some weights but there was alot of bodyweight moves and isometric holds.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 07:01 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I overslept! No workout today. Since you are raving on Fun Full Body, I might do that tomorrow.

I am now conditioned with the beep she uses... everytime I hear that I know it's ending or I'm starting a new move!
Old 01-23-21, 08:10 AM  
buffmama

Rest day today. Gearing up for tomorrow's full body workout. Did pilates: 30 min stretch, 30 min standing with weights, and 7 min core. Felt like just what I needed.

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle