Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-12-21, 09:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, that's funny, I call Cyric Bubby all the time, sometimes Bub or Bubba. Mom always called him Bubba. I'll let you know if I think of a good name!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 08:46 AM  
Leonana

Katie, google dog pet names. I’ve done that before and there are some interesting ones.
Old 01-13-21, 07:14 PM  
MathTeacher

Katie, Congrats on the new puppy! My sweet little grandpa would have said "Name him Beans."

Sherry, I am so ready for Jessica's new set!! I need something new and exciting.

Vannie, I found the last Christmas card that I got from your Mom in one of my Christmas tubs. I moved it to the basket by my bed.

I am taking a few days off from the challenge. I had two cysts removed from my head. I have been told to watch my blood pressure until the stitches come out.
Old 01-13-21, 07:37 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, that warms my heart. I'm so glad you have that! Keep that BP down!

I finally mailed the Christmas cookies I made for my dad and my brother's family today! I also ran Alice through the car wash and got dog food then shoveled the slush off the sidewalk. We're under a winter storm watch the next two days, could get 4-8" of snow and 40 mph winds. I'm not sure how our walks will look!

I don't think I've reported my workouts yet this week. Monday was Qi Gong day 26, Perfect 30 Low Impact HIIT, Perfect in Ten Stretch -upper body, back & hips, Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 9, YT (Sadhana day 11), 3 dog walks totaling 3.91 mi.

Tuesday was Qi Gong challenge day 27, Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 4, .9 mile for Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 9, J. Miller YTU Quick Fix Upper Body Series -10 min shoulders, Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 10, YT (Sadhana day 12) and 3 dog walks totaling 5.27 mi.

Today I didn't do much bc I haven't been able to get anything done around the house so far this week so all I did was Qi Gong challenge day 28 and Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 11, YT (Sadhana day 13). Will have 3 dog walks again but not as far as the other days.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-14-21, 07:59 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I looked up some dogs names and made a list. DH decided to call him Scout before he even saw the list but that was one of the names I picked as well so hopefully as he grows older, he'll be scoutin' for cattle!

MT, Beans in a fun name! I used to know a horse named Beaner. I hope you recover quickly from the cysts being removed and without issue.

Vannie, great job with all the yoga and qi gong workouts! My attempt at the Sadhana was short lived. sigh. I'm not really sure what happened except I just can't keep myself organized enough. I did find some nice Lee Holden youtube clips though as a result of at least starting it.

Have a good night everyone!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 12:35 AM  
Leonana

I did one of my KCM’s yesterday, 30MTF Weights. I like this dvd, so it’s a keeper. I did one of Jessica’s walks today, 5 Mile Mix, the first Mile. Today was my volunteer work for the hospice office, and I did filing for two hours. Tomorrow I think I’ll try one of the Firms I picked up from Goodwill.

MT, I’m looking forward to Jessica’s new set. I’ve been pretty patient though, having new dvds is distracting me! I hope your recovery goes well.

Katie, Scout sounds like a great name. I’m sure he will live up to it.

Vannie, I’m impressed by how far you walk. How is Cyric doing on his walks now?
Old 01-16-21, 03:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I feel like yoga and Qi Gong are the only things I've been on top of bc they don't require much energy! I hadn't realized Lee had a YouTube page either so I've now subscribed. I've also added a few yoga channels as a result of the Sadhana thread. Scout is a cute name! Reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Sherry, thanks. I guess walking is the other thing I'm on top of! Cyric walks great as long as no other dogs are around. But I'm still working with him and even am trying him at a lower dose of his meds. The lower dose doesn't seem to be an issue so far and actually in the past week he has calmed more quickly and not gone as far over threshold as he was, so I celebrate that! The day it was too slick for our morning walk though, he was more anxious that night in the house. I don't know if it was only bc of missing that walk (he's been fine with missing the others at times but that was also before I lowered his dose) or if it's more bc I was so out sorts from missing it! Thanks for asking!

MT, hope your head is healing well.

Hello to Mell, Anita and Laura! Hope you are doing well. Would love to hear how things are going!

I'm pretty excited, I finally have my workout log caught up and all my index cards marked for the workouts done. Now I'm working on making cards and updating my spreadsheet for all the new workouts I got over the past year that haven't been added. I'm such a dork, I just love doing this stuff.

Old 01-16-21, 05:30 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did the Firm dvd I found at Goodwill, Hi-Def Sculpt. I liked it, although there are too many lunges, and it aggravated my right glute. So, I need to sub something for those moves next time. I previewed the cardio, but don't think they are my cup of tea. But I'll do the strength workout again. Today was a Jessica workout, the cardio from the Fusion dvd.

Vannie, that's great Cyric is making progress. I'm a dork too, I like watching review videos of other instructors, even though I'm not interested in that instructor, lol. But I learn so much about the moves, and what's good and what isn't.
Old 01-17-21, 09:45 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This past week I did well until I didn't. On Tuesday evening, I experience pain like I have never felt before. Turns out it was a gallstone attack (my first ever) and I went through an operation to take out the gallbladder. Since then, I've just been healing and not doing much. I'll get back to it all at some point.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 08:53 PM  
Leonana

Laura, I'm so sorry you had a gallstone attack. I'm glad you are healing, and I'm sure your body needs a lot of rest.