Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-20, 09:24 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I used to have a long haired chocolate dachshund named Topper who always stood about a foot away from me whenever I exercised and he would stare at me like I was totally fascinating. I used to call him my “spotter”.

I also had a parakeet named Cecil who would scream “Wawk! Wawk!” And pace back and forth on his perch every time I did Leslie and the Power Walk song would come on. I wish I had taken a video of that and I wish they were both still with me.
Calling Topper your Spotter is cute. Picturing Cecil working out with Leslie is hilarious. I also wish you had taken a video of that. That one would have been YouTube-worthy.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 09:31 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Oh, my gosh, one of my cats does this, too! (I have two; the male cat does not do this, only the female.) Almost every time I work out, when I'm in tabletop, plank, or pushup position, she crawls beneath me and flops over with her belly up.
Since we now have a count of two cats that do this, though mine does it belly-down. I wonder what the Cat Intent is to hang out beneath a low hanging bridge, and to prioritize doing it as if it is an assigned task. My cat only sometimes likes to hang out beneath our bed, and his attitude then is never a Gotta Do.
Old 12-16-20, 09:35 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
He's overweight, so pretty heavy. I actually did a couple of pushups with him on top of my back!
Cool Cat Weight. You could also add to your squats hands-free if he would fit into, and be willing to stay inside, a front-pack baby carrier.
Old 12-16-20, 09:45 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
He's also the dog who looked in the big mirror at my parents' house and then went into the closet behind it like he was looking for that other dog he saw.
Cute and funny at the same time.
Old 12-16-20, 09:49 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
My kitty just goes crazy when I do CS..the arm waves and stretching i think are what instigates it. As soon as I start, she scoots around me convinced I'm trying to play and taunt her. In and out of the room she hippity hops when I start trying to get me and my crazy arms after her.
Mine gets angry if my arms are moving around much. He gives me a warning to stop or else. I then win by getting out the terrifying stability ball which makes him run off to his favorite hiding place in another room. I have no clue why he is afraid of the ball, but I take advantage of that when I need to ward off an attack.
Old 12-16-20, 09:51 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
When I'm on my back for ab crunches my cat comes over and kneads on my abs with his paws. He's snagged quite a few of my exercise tops.
Maybe he thinks he is your trainer telling you to tighten up those abs.
Old 12-16-20, 09:54 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Most often I hold one end of a long, thick rope and she tugs on the other. I can do all the arm movements that way (extra resistance!) and can do a step workout with her in tug-mode without it really affecting me. I'm quite fast at changing hands, or switching it behind me as required. When she's had enough, she'll drop it and bring me a ball instead. The gym is a mezzanine so I'm able to toss the ball to the next level down, or down the lower stairs so she has to fetch for 2 flights. When I have weights in my hands, she lays down with a groan.
Is this worth doing a video? Gams missed out on making a video with Cecil.
Old 12-16-20, 03:42 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Since we now have a count of two cats that do this, though mine does it belly-down. I wonder what the Cat Intent is to hang out beneath a low hanging bridge, and to prioritize doing it as if it is an assigned task. My cat only sometimes likes to hang out beneath our bed, and his attitude then is never a Gotta Do.
I don't know, but it's too funny! I think there are probably multiple reasons why "Marjaryasana" (cat pose) is called that, not just because with your back arched you resemble a cat stretching its back up after a good nap. Perhaps the yogis noticed that cats have an instinct to climb under something in a tabletop position? Both of mine will indeed sometimes sit under a table, and my male cat frequently curls up and goes to sleep under my nightstand, which has a long tablecloth on it, so he's basically inside a little tent. It could also be that cats recognize when you're in a position that is similar to how they walk around and move, and they are recognizing you as the Alpha Cat. Some research I've read on cat behavior indicates that our cats do think of their humans as larger, less effective cats, which is why they bring us toys and mice as "gifts," because they think we're so bad at hunting.
Old 12-16-20, 05:19 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Is this worth doing a video? Gams missed out on making a video with Cecil.
Probably should, to keep for the memory of her when she can't any more, and is finally gone. One doesn't think of those things when they're only 3 yrs old. Wish I had more photos & video of my last dog. Thankyou for the nudge about that.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

ą Walk first
˛ Weights next
ł Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 09:38 PM  
wendug

So many workouts tack on abs at the end of the workout. So when I go down to the floor for ab work I'm usually sweaty from doing the main portion of the workout. And my dogs LOVE this! They get in my face and lick me and usually make it difficult to get ab work done. But they are very cute about it!

But my dogs don't actively get involved with me during workouts. They usually just hang out and watch or sleep.

Tags
pets