Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-20, 06:32 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
CharM, wow, that is so bizarre sounding. Sometimes it feels like we are all in some kind of weird TV reality show, 2020 has been absolutely ridiculous. And it's only August...
On Nextdoor we're talking about what's next. We think an earthquake or a major flood since we know the dams aren't in good condition. Or heck, why not both to double the fun?
Good idea about having some games, books, and puzzles ready. We don't have anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
CharM, ooh I like that adapter! That would come in handy in those times. Hang in there with all the nonsense!
Thanks! I plan to.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 01:53 PM  
AnMrsDe

Jane, enjoy your new spin bike! Will you be getting the Peloton app to use with it? I always think my butt wouldn't like sitting on those spin bike seats. (Don't like riding a bike b/c of that issue)!!//Are you guys missing your yoga classes? I know you went A LOT before COVID....

I hope T2B is ok this month....she hasn't made ONE entry! Has anyone heard from her?

Enjoy your Sunday and have a great week!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 03:47 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Jane, enjoy your new spin bike! Will you be getting the Peloton app to use with it? I always think my butt wouldn't like sitting on those spin bike seats. (Don't like riding a bike b/c of that issue)!!//Are you guys missing your yoga classes? I know you went A LOT before COVID...:
I really miss yoga! Maybe not so much in the heat but thinking about the weather changing has me thinking about it. My studio has been doing Zoom classes but at home yoga just isn’t my thing for some reason. Indoor dining and gyms/studios are still closed here. There was some buzz last weekend about indoor dining but the governor shut that down this week. I did sign up for Peloton, there’s a 30 day free trial and I did a Prince ride this morning!! Very fun and the music was outstanding of course!! I feel like my cardio has been slacking, it’s hard getting out in the heat, so I’m hoping this helps get me going. Your butt does get used to the saddle, when I biked outside a lot I would suffer for a week in the beginning

You seem like you’ve really been enjoying the new KCMs!! I would probably never notice the uneven reps. Did you preorder Perfect 30?

Char I feel so bad for you losing your food and having air quality issues!! I hope those fires are brought under control soon. It’s so heartbreaking seeing what people are going through.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 05:03 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I have done diddly squat this week. I am having a huge allergic reaction to the wildfire smoke, to the point where my skin and muscles itch I am exhausted. School starts tomorrow. There is supposed to be a cool front next weekend, so maybe some of this smoke will blow out of here.
CharM, I am so sorry for the wildfires around you - they are where are smoke comes from

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 10:48 AM  
AnMrsDe

Jane, I had a feeling you'd be checking out the Peleton app! //I think I've been doing more Kelly workouts this month than I have in the past 3 years, LOLOLOL!! This makes me really glad I have easier workouts in my collection in these times of not feeling my best.

I know I complain a lot about KCM's cueing, uneven reps, yada, yada, but luckily, I finally found some gems among her thorns!! I just have to keep an open mind through it all and stop b*tch*ng!!!

Of course I ordered Perfect 30!! I haven't missed a Cathe pre-order for quite some time. By the looks of the little bones they throw us, some of the moves look good and I'm glad to have some shorter options. Don't know about the Yoga, per se, but I'm anxious to see the mobility workout. Did You pre-order?

Chrys, hope you feel better! Ugh, there probably isn't much to do with skin reactions like that, is there? Maybe an oatmeal bath? And good luck this week with school....hope all goes well.

Happy Monday, all!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 12:47 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Jane, Welcome to the Peloton app!!!

I hope you & hubs get as much use & enjoyment out of it as I have!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 07:14 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdayley View Post
Hi, ladies. I have done diddly squat this week. I am having a huge allergic reaction to the wildfire smoke, to the point where my skin and muscles itch I am exhausted. School starts tomorrow. There is supposed to be a cool front next weekend, so maybe some of this smoke will blow out of here.
CharM, I am so sorry for the wildfires around you - they are where are smoke comes from
I'm sorry you're feeling ill. I never thought about where all the smoke goes. I saw pictures of it just hovering over your state; that's terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Char I feel so bad for you losing your food and having air quality issues!! I hope those fires are brought under control soon. It’s so heartbreaking seeing what people are going through.
Thanks, Jane! After all that's gone on, we're not feeling so bad about the lost food anymore. Yesterday I went to buy a few perishables (I'm still scared of a power outage, so I'm buying little each time) and overheard a man at checkout tell the cashier that he had to evacuate from his home in the Santa Cruz mountains. There were also 3 or 4 trailers or RVs in the parking lot, which I assumed belonged to others who've had to evacuate. I hope they'll have a home to go back to.

AMD I laughed at this: " I don't know why I'm surprised, it should be a 'given' of her less-than-adequate cueing, but I guess I hoped that each dvd she'll improve." LOL! Kelly's been doing this for years, I think this is as good as it gets. Yes, I'm way behind on reading people's logs, but it's good to get to the 24th and see that you're feeling better!

tangerine - I'm glad your knee is ok, I hope your shoulder gets better, too.

Jane " If you’re in the mood for a bunch of different burpee variations then this is for you" LOL! Pass.
Enjoy your bike!

It's funny how I look at people's workouts and think, "Should I be doing those?" Thanks to Pat, I now want to do box climbs.

I hope T2B is ok.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 09:12 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
It's funny how I look at people's workouts and think, "Should I be doing those?"
CharM I do that all the time!

Thanks to AnMrsDe I want to do Yvette Bachman, tangerine has me jonesing for Barlates and Jane is torturing me with Penny Barnshaw, who I'd never heard of before but whose workouts look so much fun.

And everyone's doing KCM except poor me.

One more week before I'm officially cleared to restart.....
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 09:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Catching up a bit. I am in love with my new Fitbit Charge 4. It does so many things I didn’t have with the Alta, like GPS so I can see maps of my walks and the intensity. You can program it with six of twenty workouts, and it was so fun to see the results of my weight training at the gym yesterday.

CharM yuck about your power failures. Our grids need to be updated so bad but oh, the expense. Parts of my state were down two weeks - right after a huge rate hike - after a post-Isaias wind storm.

Tangerine - sending best wishes for your DD and schooling to get all sorted out. I can’t wait until we get back to “normal.”

Jane have lots of fun with your new spin bike.

Chrys that’s awful about the wildfire smoke. I hope the western part of the country gets some relief soon, it’s horrifying to watch.

AnMrsDe - I am very selective with KCM. I don’t preorder anymore. I only like her weights workouts and think my collection is enough - mostly old workouts.

Have a great day everyone - stay healthy and safe.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 07:26 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
Jane, Welcome to the Peloton app!!!

I hope you & hubs get as much use & enjoyment out of it as I have!
Dorothy Thanks!!! There’s so many classes on there it’s hard to choose.

Pat Enjoy your new Fitbit!! It’s fun to have something to keep you motivated.

Bex I’m sure you would love Penny’s workouts. Some of them are really tough but others are much more doable and she always shows modifications in the little box. Also, her workouts tend to be broken down into sections. You could just do one or two sections to start. Honestly, they’re fun and all, but I’d rather be doing Barlates

Chrys How did school go? I had to be weird.

Char It’s so crazy how one conversation puts our own troubles into perspective. All I can say is that 2020 has been a total disaster.

Waves to everyone!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts