Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-20, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

hi Chrys - thanks for the shout out!!! How are you???

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 03:05 PM  
CharM

I hope you had a happy birthday, allgirlsinaz!!

A quick hello to everyone, since I have no idea what's going on with PG&E. We had a power outage for nearly 24 hours Friday 6pm-4:35pm Saturday and it was hot both days!! Then another from 6:30-7:30pm. Then Sunday the fun began. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo humid. Then the power went out 2:35pm on Sunday and lasted until until 9pm MONDAY!!! WTH?! This wasn't part of the "rolling blackouts" that had been announced. Nope, just good old fashioned incompetence is my guess.
Here's a new slogan to get people to visit:
Silicon Valley: First World Prices, Third World Utilities

Take care!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 05:51 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Oh CharM!!! That's awful!!!

I hope you have a generator so you didn't lose your food. Funny slogan for PG&E...

Edit: Just saw in your post that you lost all your food & were eating canned goods...good grief! We expect power outages here with a hurricane, but not for, as you said, just incompetence...ugh!!!!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 06:50 PM  
tangerine

Oh dear that sounds absolutely horrible Char!! How can they let people be without power in such heat? Hope it gets resolved soon!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 09:41 PM  
amg

CharM - Sorry, you must be so miserable. Hope you had some relief today. I am sure it is awful trying to sleep in the heat. I live in the South and just walking outside in the humidity was awful today. Can't imagine having no electricity too.
Old 08-19-20, 11:57 AM  
AnMrsDe

Math Teacher, no problem! That must be so difficult/different to do online teaching!! I can't even imagine.

tangerine, are you a teacher also? Or are you just talking about your child's first day of school?

Thank you, Pat!

CharM, ugh on the power outage but glad it's restored now. I bet you had trouble finding things to keep you busy having no electronics/communication!! Hopefully, you could go somewhere to charge your cell phone and be in an air conditioned car!! LOL

Missing T2B this month....where are you, girl?

Waves to all~~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 02:01 PM  
CharM

Thanks, all! This is definitely not normal, so no one was prepared. We've been hearing the sound of generators in the neighborhood, one is very loud, I'm so thankful he's not close to us and I hope our closest neighbors won't buy one so loud. Hey, let's add fires to the mix!! There are fires burning to the east, north, and south, which means the air quality is horrible. We keep our cars in the garage, but neighbors said their cars were covered in ash. It's still falling down like snowflakes from hell. Speaking of which, I just saw someone say, "What in the 2020?" I'm stealing it! LOL But so far we're ok, and hope these fires will get under control. I feel bad for the families who've been displaced.

For our electronics, we used something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Kobalt-24-Vol.../dp/B07CNRVPX8 I mostly used my phone to check Nextdoor for updates, the Mr. doesn't use his much, so we were good. We also had to charge our Fitbits. My husband bought the tool kit for other pieces, and we didn't think we'd ever need the adapter, but we were grateful that we had it, that he kept it charged, and that the battery lasts forever.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 04:27 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

tangerine, are you a teacher also? Or are you just talking about your child's first day of school?

Waves to all~~~~
Not a teacher - this is my little DD who really dislikes sitting still for long and is having a rough time with virtual learning so far. We had a lot of tech problems on the first day which have been mostly sorted out but they keep asking us to install more and more things on the computers...

CharM, wow, that is so bizarre sounding. Sometimes it feels like we are all in some kind of weird TV reality show, 2020 has been absolutely ridiculous. And it's only August...

I'm not surprised you're giving up on the workouts, I would too. Books, jigsaw puzzles and some card games have been great for killing time when we have the rare power outage here.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 10:15 AM  
AnMrsDe

Oops, double post.

Hi everyone!
Old 08-20-20, 10:17 AM  
AnMrsDe

CharM, ooh I like that adapter! That would come in handy in those times. Hang in there with all the nonsense!

tangerine, oh, that's so hard for little ones to understand online learning and why they just can't go to school like normal and be with their friends! I hope she can learn to enjoy it. For right now, kids here are back to in person school, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time till they go virtual. I love your analysis of the similarity of a TV reality show!! And, btw, during March-May, I completed 15 puzzles!! The last one being a Wizard of Oz 2000 piece. That about drove me nuts as I normally go for the 500 piece!

Tags
just the workouts