Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-20, 08:50 PM  
Tammie M

CharM, I liked the Boxfit boxing workout. I didn't find it too complex. And I don't like boxing workouts that move too fast or have really complex choreography. I did a vintage CIA boxing workout last month that was way too complex. I finished it but won't do it very often. It will be in my next 5 year rotation. What I really liked about the Boxfit workout was that I was sweating at the end of it and it was short so I could add on something else. Sometimes I like to do a split weight week (2 body parts per day). This will be great to add on to one of those. I mainly have Kelly's weight workouts, I don't have her cardio workouts. I was considering getting one of her step boxing workouts. What do you think of those?

Bex, I hope you are feeling better today.

Chrys, I hope the hybrid schedule works well and proves to be safe.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 01:58 PM  
donnamp

AnMrsDe - I hope your back is feeling better! My lower back and hips tweak easily (I think I have a bad combo of lax joints and tight muscles, if that is even possible - and not tight as in strong -- tight as in tight...). Anyway I think the rebounder could easily cause back pain - even though you would think it wouldn't since the surface is forgiving - I think it is the instability of the surface and then a certain amount of compression that can make a lower back complain. I have a rebounder, and I am sort of afraid to use it for these reasons. I recently did a very short (like 20 min) "walk" on it and that seemed ok - but it may be one of those things that you need to build up to doing longer duration workouts on or it may just be a bad fit...I'm not quite sure where I stand w/ my rebounder relationship! On the one hand, the workouts look like so much fun but on the other hand, I really don't want to deal w/ a back pain flare up. I have actually (knock wood) gone several years now w/out a major flare up and I'd like to keep it that way. I still have the occasional ache or pain or tweak, but nothing that has taken any longer than a day to recover.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 03:38 PM  
AnMrsDe

Wow, thank you all so very much for your kindness and well wishes for my back! I really appreciate it!! It's doing better, but now during all this, I'm not feeling so great. :0( Any cardio, and I feel like I'm totally wiped out, so I'm just lying low for awhile and enjoying my yoga for now.

That really stinks about the check-in purge but glad, tangerine, that you've been copying yours to Word so you have them too. What's a little, redundant, shall we say? or maybe anal is a better word? is that I've also been keeping a notebook to keep track. I just got into that habit years ago and I'm not about to change that (esp. now!).

CharM, LMAO on copying everyone else's workout logs!! Wonder how many reams of paper that would take, when mine takes around 6 pages alone!!! LOL! (Can you say verbose)??

ASAS, I thought maybe you were busier than usual, you know, learning 4 different languages instead of just 3? You are really impressive!!! And I hope T2B is enjoying learning her Spanish as well. Would love to hear how that's going, T2B.... ;0)

Donna, thank you for taking the time to type your rebounding insight. I think you're right, that it takes some getting used to the stability, bounce, tension, etc. while balancing. It's been quite some time since I did some rebounding workouts, so it may take more practice. But I also think since Angie's rebounding workout that I did includes using weighted moves while balancing and twisting (wood chops), that may have added to my lower back discomfort as well. I usually keep my weight work on a stable surface and now will for sure. Maybe you could just use the rebounder for occasional high impact moves to start out like I've been doing in the past (and will continue to do so now!). I absolutely love my rebounder for that purpose alone!

Tammie/CharM, thanks so much for all your comments on KCM's new workouts. I'm anxious to try them but know they'll be there when I feel better. Glad to hear the boxing combos are *reasonably* easy to follow. Not holding my breath due to her cueing though, LOL!!

ETA: Oh, and Jane, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this check-in!!!! :0) You're all the BEST!!! Praying that VF never goes away!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 11:31 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, allgirlsinaz!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 02:24 PM  
AnMrsDe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLGIRLSINAZ!!! Hope it's great!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 02:27 PM  
allgirlsinaz

Thank you for the Birthday wishes, ladies.

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 02:38 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Chrys, hope you're feeling better. And I hope things work out with the upcoming school changes. Math Teacher, you too! Thinking of you and the students as well.

I'm sorry that I am just now seeing this. We have been working really hard to get ready for the upcoming school year. I have been recording videos for my virtual kids. I hate the way I sound on a recording.

Thank you for thinking about my fellow educators and me.
Old 08-16-20, 08:06 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Happy Birthday allgirlsinaz!!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 10:36 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We walked the dog both yesterday and today. My stomach and head have hurt all weekend. Im not sure if it's a bug or nerves because all the teachers come back and we will be in meetings tomorrow.
Math teacher, good luck as you start your year.
AnMrsDe, I love this checkin too!
Hi, Donna! I've missed checking in with you!
Tammie, thanks for the good wishes
CharM, some of Kelly's boxing workouts are confusing for me too.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy birthday allgirlsinaz!

AnMrsDe - so sorry to hear about your back and I hope you feel better soon.

Have a great day everyone.

I wonder what's up with the check-ins? I think Wendy had a lot of housekeeping to do from all the time she's been away. I can imagine how huge that part of VF got to be. 2019 sounds kind of severe though.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts