Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-02-20, 10:40 AM  
AnMrsDe

Dorothy, haha, funny you should mention that about Kelly sitting on the step! BOTH times yesterday when doing the workout, I yelled at Kelly to "get your butt up and cue!!!!! Of course we're *trying* to get the moves down, but you sure aren't helping by sitting on the step asking if we're still working out!!!" I think if she cued better, we'd have gotten the moves down on the first try! It's still MAJOR FUN, though, so I will get mad at her every time I do it, if that is what it takes, LOL!//Good job on getting your push-ups done early for the month. That's got to feel good!//Hope your log-in issue gets resolved quickly, too.

Happy Sunday! Hoping to see our regulars still check in this month! You know who you are!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 07:22 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I have that same Reebok step and mine is in great condition too at 20+ years old I’ve toyed with getting the Cathe style step many time but just never pulled the trigger. I’m sure it will be well used! I Also use the purple and blue “fanny lifter” from the firm’s BSS 1 as my high step. I really loved Cardio Sculpt with Allie, “beginners follow Libby”!! I tried to replace that high step with an adjustable platform like Julia uses but they’re out of stock since Covid.

Dorothy If I get signed out I know I’ll have to reset my password since I have no idea what it is!!

Bex My dad, who is definitely not an exerciser, had that surgery done in June. He had three smaller incisions done robotically and he’s really recovering well. I’d just take it slow and listen to your body. Walking is probably the best thing for you as long as it’s not too hot.

Char Every time I read Flipping 50 i read it like I’m bleeping out something else I just see it like that!! It makes it sound really tough, like you hate it. Cracks me up every time I read it.

tangerine Linda’s Target 15 is really great! I love using it as a add on. I think there’s only one that I didn’t click with, the glute one with the stability ball?

Pat Love your title! You’re right and it is hot!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:43 AM  
cdayley

August!
8/1: 3 mile grandgirlie walk
8/2: 3 mile family walk
8/3: airport laps
8/4: rest day
8/5: 3 mile dog walk
8/6: 2 mile treadmill walk
8/7: 2 mile treadmill walk, Firm Sculpted Buns,Hips, Thighs
8/8: 2 mile treadmill walk, 6 hours gardening
8/9: rest
8/10: 3 mile treadmill walk
8/11: Firm Cardio Burn

8/15: 3 mile dog walk
8/16: 2 mile dog walk
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:50 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm on the plane home, and the reality of work starting this Friday. I've been staying with my son and his family for a week. We will know for sure if we are doing school totally in person in about a week and a half. I walked 3 miles every day I was in OH. It's quite a workout to push both girls in the stroller!
Bex, I hope your recovery goes well
Jane, I have a Transfirmer that I use for all step workouts.
AnMrsDe and Dorothy, too funny about yelling at Kelly during her workout!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 11:35 AM  
T2B

august 2020...

1. CL 278: PHA 2020. First time doing this workout, don’t remember when it was purchased, although I do know it was before everything blew up. I enjoyed this. Used 6 pound weights, trying to ease back into more challenging workouts. Also did YT: Keoni 2000 Steps Workout. Actually 1904 steps for me.
2. CL 244: Low Impact Cardio Compound Training. I thought this was just Low Impact Cardio and then I realized that the full title was minimized when I chose the workout.. I wouldn’t have done this after PHA 2020 if I had seen the Compound Training part of the title beforehand. I was in it by the time I realized my mistake so continued on. This was also one of my February Cathe Live purchases. Looked at the date purchased, bought PHA 2020 on the same date.

3. Yv2. 1st Half of Sweat Sensation. P.M. 2nd Half of Sweat Sensation
4. End of 2 week quarantine. Someone at work tested positive for Covid 19.
5. Yv2: Rock It Out!
6. 1st Half of Yv2: MYB
7. Yv2: WISI!
8. rest day
9. Yv2: RIO

10. Yv2; Sweat Sensation
11. Yv2: MYB

12 - 22. Didn’t feel like doing anything, so didn’t.

23. Yv2: RIO
24. Yv2: WISI
25. rest day.... New car. My old car, Crabby Abby, was 17 years old. She was getting more temperamental and just shutting down randomly. It was time.
26. Yv2: RIO
27. Yv2: SS
28. Yv2: MYB
29. Yv2: WISI
30. STRONG & SWEATY: PHAT Timesaver #3 (31 mins) + Leslie TONE EVERY ZONE WALK Fast Walk (20 mins). I have to start working out again first thing in the morning. I’ve gained about 15 #’s since I’ve been working from home. Debating if I want to move my work space to my basement or loft area instead of my dining room. Decisions. Right now my loft area has become a storage area. I donated the furniture years ago to a young single mother that needed furniture for her first apartment. The loft area is as big as a living room. So looking for a daybed, folding screen, small table, another tv and a comfortable chair for a reading area and the other side of the room set up with my desk and work equipment. P.M: Yv2: Sweat Sensation

31. CATHE LIVE #125: Cardio Boxing. I actually got up at 5:30 and started my workout at 6am. It must be done.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 12:14 PM  
CharM

My no-buy July is over! whooohooo! I celebrated by buying a dvd. haha Is it bad that the seller told me he'd send a bonus as a "thank you for your repeat business?" LOL I'm so embarrassed!! Not enough to not share with you all. I can't stop laughing. I thanked him, of course. I wonder if he thought I'd died when he didn't hear from me all month?

These are "disc only". Here's the seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/jerrgriffit...p2047675.l2559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Char Every time I read Flipping 50 i read it like I’m bleeping out something else I just see it like that!! It makes it sound really tough, like you hate it. Cracks me up every time I read it.
ha! That made me laugh. I'm sure you'll be seeing it a bit this month, since there are a few more I need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdayley View Post
I've been staying with my son and his family for a week.
Awww, it's good that you were able to spend time with your son and his little ones.

Bex, give your body the rest it needs. Exercise can wait.

I hope everyone's doing well.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 01:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Best wishes to anyone in the path of Isaias. She is expected to come through here as a tropical storm tomorrow afternoon. We badly needed rain, but not like this!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 03:09 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Bex, wishing you an easy recovery! As CharM said, listen to your body & give it as much rest as it needs

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 03:49 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
tangerine Linda’s Target 15 is really great! I love using it as a add on. I think there’s only one that I didn’t click with, the glute one with the stability ball?

Jane
I love most of her Target series that I have done (10,15,20) too. Not sure I've done the glute one with the ball yet, I'll keep an eye out. I tried one of her Up and Down ones today since you and Tammie were talking about that on last month's thread and that was definitely tough, especially with trying not to tweak the knees but overall I enjoyed it.

I bought some of the 110 Endurance series in Linda's weekly sale so looking forward to trying those soon too, hopefully I will make it through alive.

T2B, nice to see you are still with us.

Chrys, welcome back, school is so up in the air everywhere.

Hi to everyone else, hope the week goes well and we all survive Isaias (along with all the other things 2020 is throwing at us).
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:11 PM  
Tammie M

Tangerine, I'm glad you liked the up and down Barlates work. I've found with a lot of the up and down work that I can't move as quickly as she does. I just remind myself that she is much younger than I am. The one I did today ( Metabolic Training Circuit) was one of her longer ones. This one also had a lot of curtsy lunges in it. I think Linda loves curtsy lunges! This one didn't have any down dog work in it. I usually place my hands on the edge of my rebounder to do those exercises. This one did have step ups in it. Linda used a chair. I used my firm tall box and a dowel for balance when she added a high back leg lift.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts