Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-20, 10:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I don’t know if this one has been mentioned here but I came across Nicole Kastoun’s Move with Nicole channel today https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEb...iHpKiOMj9GFhVw.

She has mostly Pilates, some Barre and a couple of Barefoot HIIT workouts. I did this hour long Intermediate Pilates workout today https://youtu.be/3guGRzS1oLA and loved it.

I’m pretty picky about Pilates so this was a great find. She did not offer any modifications but that’s not an issue for me.
Thanks Tracy!

I previewed a few and look forward to trying one!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 12:42 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Body Project

I've recently discovered Body Project. I really enjoyed these two. They are low impact and just enough intensity to work up some sweat. I would even say they're fun!

Low impact cardio workout for ALL fitness levels

100% Low impact, all standing, FUN cardio workout to music! ALL fitness levels. This one has a WARNING - This video could trigger seizures in people with photosensitive epilepsy.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 04:53 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I've recently discovered Body Project. I really enjoyed these two. They are low impact and just enough intensity to work up some sweat. I would even say they're fun!

Low impact cardio workout for ALL fitness levels

100% Low impact, all standing, FUN cardio workout to music! ALL fitness levels. This one has a WARNING - This video could trigger seizures in people with photosensitive epilepsy.

I love Body Project! I was doing them quite a bit before I got on a Barlates kick. That first one looks new and so fun!

My favorite was Cardio Starter 4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBV00FsVUZ0)

Also a plug for Linda of Barlates here, she has SO many workouts on the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGm...smXgnnsmfF95PA

My favorites are her Target 10 and Target 20 series, love the focused muscle conditioning.

I've bought a few off her weekly sale too (99c AUD so less than that in USD) - she sells her youtube workouts on her site too, so if people have slow connections, they can get them as a download.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 05:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harivelo View Post
Let's not forget the Beth Cholette channel. Dr. Beth, AKA YogiBethC and VF's Toaster, offers a lot of yoga workouts that focus on recovery, breathing and mental wellness. I love this morning practice on a chair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvOe33KSY8
Aww, I just saw this now...thanks for the endorsement!

After I started working from home in March, I actually started filming these as part of my work-from-home plan; my full time job is as a psychologist at a college counseling center, but I taught yoga once a week on campus, and it seemed like continuing to offer yoga and meditation during the pandemic might be helpful.

When I stopped working (I'm on a 10-month contract so off in June and July), I stopped doing the videos for a bit but I missed them! Now I'm trying to do at least one a week. This week (tomorrow or Friday?), I plan to do a practice focused on boat pose (plus a lot of hamstring work), and then today I had the idea of doing a series of 3 videos that could be designated as morning-afternoon-evening but could also work together as a full practice.

I'm open to requests, too. Thanks so much to those who have already checked out my videos!

ETA: I definitely cannot claim high production values; I'm filming these in my basement workout room with my ipod. I have tried to make improvements over time though! Some viewers have said that they have trouble hearing me, which might be due to the need to turn up the volume not only on your device but also right on the YouTube video itself.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 05:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I am enjoying the Pilates, cardio & toning workouts of celebrity trainer Kit Rich.

She has a super fun 14-minute leg toning and cardio workout that features great music.
I really like Kit Rich's personality; my only issue is that some of her routines are too high impact (or maybe just high energy) for me. I'll have to try the one you mentioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Can you Joni-O a YT video?
LOL - I definitely have!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 10:57 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Thanks, I'll check them out! The Body Project videos have injected some much needed fun in my workouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
I love Body Project! I was doing them quite a bit before I got on a Barlates kick. That first one looks new and so fun!

My favorite was Cardio Starter 4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBV00FsVUZ0)

Also a plug for Linda of Barlates here, she has SO many workouts on the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGm...smXgnnsmfF95PA

My favorites are her Target 10 and Target 20 series, love the focused muscle conditioning.

I've bought a few off her weekly sale too (99c AUD so less than that in USD) - she sells her youtube workouts on her site too, so if people have slow connections, they can get them as a download.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-20, 08:36 PM  
Salamander

Channels I've recently discovered and love:

Rebecca Louise - a lot of shorter workouts. She might be a little loud/chatty for some.

UptotheBeatFit- dancy walk workouts to great music

Annie Taylor Efremsky- quick arm workouts that burn!

Walk at Home Leslie Sansone- of course I know who she is, but never had her DVDs. Always poo-pooed walking workouts until now. Usually too basic steps for my taste, but they are quick and great way to get some steps during the day while working from home!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-20, 05:37 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Thanks Tracy!

I previewed a few and look forward to trying one!
I hope you like them. Please come back and let us know what you think. When it comes to Pilates there aren’t a lot of instructors that I click with but I’ve been doing Nicole’s regularly.

On a side note I’ve tried tons of Pilates instructors over the years and the ones I keep coming back to are are Bernadette Giorgi (DVDs) and Pilates by Lisa (streaming).

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-20, 07:40 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Aww, I just saw this now...thanks for the endorsement!

After I started working from home in March, I actually started filming these as part of my work-from-home plan; my full time job is as a psychologist at a college counseling center, but I taught yoga once a week on campus, and it seemed like continuing to offer yoga and meditation during the pandemic might be helpful.

When I stopped working (I'm on a 10-month contract so off in June and July), I stopped doing the videos for a bit but I missed them! Now I'm trying to do at least one a week. This week (tomorrow or Friday?), I plan to do a practice focused on boat pose (plus a lot of hamstring work), and then today I had the idea of doing a series of 3 videos that could be designated as morning-afternoon-evening but could also work together as a full practice.

I'm open to requests, too. Thanks so much to those who have already checked out my videos!

ETA: I definitely cannot claim high production values; I'm filming these in my basement workout room with my ipod. I have tried to make improvements over time though! Some viewers have said that they have trouble hearing me, which might be due to the need to turn up the volume not only on your device but also right on the YouTube video itself.
This is good to know. I will for sure check these out.
Old 07-17-20, 10:53 AM  
Harivelo

[QUOTE=toaster;2882282]Aww, I just saw this now...thanks for the endorsement!

You're welcome. I first found out about your YT channel thanks to a link posted on VF. There were only a few videos back then. I was really excited when I found out that you posted a lot more during the quarantine. I'm glad I got the chance to share the news with other VFers.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, keli roberts, natalie jill, penny barnshaw, youtube, youtube channels, youtube instructors, youtube workouts, youtube yoga