Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-20, 10:11 PM  
JustSandra

Hi once more!

Today's Workout: Just Margaret Richard Unplugged 1916. Didn't get around to CS Season 9 today, although I enjoyed a nice outdoor walk earlier.

No Oscars for me -- haven't seen hardly any of the movies involved.

Beth: Congrats on completing your sadhana! Re Margaret's Unplugged (aka Body Electric series), I believe only Seasons 19 and 20 exist on DVD. Margaret is streaming earlier seasons, though. Not sure if Season 20 was the last Body Electric season she filmed, but I think it is.

Paine: So sorry to hear about the hot water heater flood! I'm sure once you are moved and get your new workout area set up that your exercise mojo will return.

Cyana: I saw the Snow Moon last night and it was gorgeous! I'm glad you are able to do at least some workouts -- just be careful, please.

Garrie: I guess rising rents impact businesses just as much as they do residents.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 12:47 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Hamelin Armatics Taster (YouTube)
Smithey Buns of Steel Lower Body Floor work (YouTube)

I hadn't done Hamelin or Smithey in 2020 yet so it felt great to revisit those favorite workouts of mine.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 06:07 PM  
gjv

Okay Garrie! I guess I'll be doing Shape It Up tomorrow! (See what you started! )
Old 02-11-20, 01:46 AM  
Anny

Aw Sandra thanks for the start and the sweet comments about our group. You have all made me feel very welcome since I joined in late 2016.

Congrats Beth on finishing the sadhana.

I’ve been continuing with the YWA Challenge and fitting in walking where and when possible. Right now I have been sitting waiting for Roadside Assistance for 3 hours and when they have arrived and done, it will be at least another hour drive home. So I will definitely need that yoga this evening!
Old 02-11-20, 02:52 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1121

Anny, how awful that you had to wait over 3 hours for roadside assistance. Yeah, you needed a relaxing yoga to unwind after that. Your day will be better today.
Old 02-11-20, 07:07 PM  
YogaGal

Workouts since I last posted:
Wednesday: 2 Walks from Jessica Smith’s 10 Minute Quick Walks: Powered Up and Happy HIIT, and Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Morning Yoga Stretch, Sunrise Yoga.
Thursday: KCM’s Powersculpting TimeSaver from LIFT and RaviAna’s Boot Camp, Yoga Flow Part 2.
Sunday: 7-Mile Bike Ride in the neighborhood with DH.
Monday: Jessica Smith’s youtube Bikini Body Strength workout and Sarah Beth’s Morning Yoga Stretch for Stiff & Sore Muscles
Tuesday: KCM’s Total Body Kickbox, Split Mix and an old Sarah Beth practice for hips.

Sandra: Thanks so much for starting us off most weeks and for sharing your appreciation of our group. I often am motivated to do some exercise so that I will have something to report other than being lazy. I am so glad I joined Mat Mavens after lurking for a while. I do have TJ’s Umami Seasoning and use it occasionally on grains and veggies. Thanks for the recommendation to use it on beans; I’ll give it a try. How nice that you got to spend a day with your niece and grandniece; the trip to the animal sanctuary sounds fun. So glad to hear that you are enjoying Margaret Richard Unplugged episodes; sounds like you have your exercise groove back!

Paine: That Blogilates Ab workout you did last week must have been a tough one to give you DOMS for two days! I haven’t heard of Sumo oranges, but a few years ago I discovered Cara Cara oranges and really like to buy those when they’re in season. We once had a water heater break down (leaking water) on a Saturday night. We spent Sunday replacing it since DH is handy and weekend plumbing charges are through the roof. Thankfully the water heater was in the garage and didn’t cause damage to the house.

Beth: Ok, I need to try your black bean brownies from Chocolate Covered Katie or possibly these from The Minimalist Baker; I think the recipe you shared from Katie might be a bit easier though. LOL at the Rick Astley pie chart. Congrats on completing your 40-day New Year's Sadhana! I would love to tag along to your yin/sound bath yoga workshop; can’t wait to hear your review.

Garrie: Congrats on completing your STS rotation! I also like to mix up heavy weights with light weight/high rep sessions. Sad to hear about your yarn store closing. You can find other sources for yarn, but can’t replace your friends there or the experience of shopping in a special place. Near the end of January we learned about the closing of two restaurants near us that we go to often. One happened very abruptly without any warning to employees as we heard the story. The other on gave us about a week’s notice.

Anny: I wouldn’t call your workout progress “boring.” I’d use the word “consistent” as you’ve been consistently working with Adriene. on the rain and flooding! I hope you can get to some yoga after waiting so long for Roadside Assistance.

cyana: I know from experience that kitchen knives can be dangerous! Sounds like your digit is healing nicely and you are taking good care of it. I did get to see the Snow Moon this weekend and it was beautifully glowing! I’ll bet that Sweet Tumeric blend would be wonderful on carrots and sweet potatoes.
Old 02-12-20, 05:15 AM  
Anny

Thank you Paine and Carolyn! Today was better.

Today I continued with the Yoga Challenge . Didn’t manage to get in a walk, however - sadly.
Old 02-12-20, 12:12 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Deep Stretch Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire:
Neck & Shoulders Practice
Back Stretches Practice

I still have a bit of tenderness from Hamelin Armatics and Smithey Buns of Steel so this morning the Yin Yoga practices felt glorious! Now I really miss my other Yin Yoga DVDs.

Carolyn, I'm so glad you joined this check-in. You bring a nice energy to our group and I like hearing about what you have been doing.
Old 02-12-20, 12:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Every time I try to respond I get distracted!

I woke up with a migraine and did the Feldenkrais neck sequence in my office. I feel better but am sleepy!

Hang in there all and Happy Hump Day!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 02:50 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I didn't work out Monday as that is my usual rest day.

On Tuesday I went out for a walk -- and just kept going past my planned ending time as it was so beautiful out! So I sort of missed a regular workout yesterday too. But my step count was over 15K.

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard Unplugged 1917 plus Classical Stretch 905. I might also sneak in a short outside walk before I go to work.

Carolyn: The Margaret + CS combo is so nice and simple. There's been a lot of other things going on in my life at present centered around the situation with my niece and grandniece, so I appreciate simplicity right now. There are a couple of court proceedings coming up next month that should help stabilize their situation (fingers crossed), so I'm hoping after that my workout mojo will fully return.

Anny: Oh no re the car trouble! I hope it all got fixed okay.

Paine: I keep imagining you mentally designing your new workout area....

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote