Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-20, 05:03 AM  
Anny

Beth that recipe looks amazing!
Old 02-05-20, 09:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, though you might find this short video about "protecting" the knee to be interesting. It's specific to yoga but I think might be applicable otherwise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfy5...ature=youtu.be

Anny, the recipe is really easy! I just mix everything up in my mini food processor.

Happy Hump Day!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 12:02 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

12 Minutes to Toned Abs Workout (blogilates) on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTa6crp6L9g

That Blogilates ab workout was harder than I thought it would be! I don't think I'll be doing that one again.

Sandra, you make me want to do Unplugged 1912 and CS 902. I wish I had those DVDs here!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 12:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I liked the last Blogilates workout, but I think I'm going to stay away this time.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-05-20, 12:11 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, it was hard for me. I'm staying away from it too!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 02:53 PM  
gjv

Hi everyone.

I did Mix It Up this morning, the Debbie Seibers one. I still love those old Beachbody workouts. I used to do the Slim Training rotation all the time. Maybe I need to do it again. For some reason those 70 minute workouts seem more daunting as I've gotten older.

Carolyn, that Trader Joe seasoning sounds yummy! I love everything bagels lol!
Old 02-05-20, 03:10 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard Unplugged 1913. Life got in the way and I didn't have time to do the Classical Stretch episode I had planned to follow.

Beth: Thank you for the video link! I remember getting that correction in yoga classes, but thought it was a precaution to avoid overstretching the ligaments in the ankle -- I don't recall being told it protected the knee joint.

Paine: I'm sorry you are missing your DVD friends! Any update as far as the big move?

Carolyn: I love Trader Joe's Umami seasoning -- great on beans!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 07:26 PM  
Garrie A.

Hi all. Here's this week's workouts:

Sunday:
Cathe's STS Meso 3, Disc 34 (Chest & Back--same exercises, but weights are decreased to 85% of 1 Rep Max but increased to 8 reps)

Monday:
TAUGHT Strength, Core & More class
CIA 2k05 Cardio Parties Hi/Lo (fun...LOVE the music in this one, especially the Austin Powers theme and "These Boots Are Made For Walking")
Cathe's LITE Bonus 6 Pack Abs 1 (I wanted to do the Ab Stacker from Step Boss PHA 3, but didn't feel like pulling my step risers out.)
LITE Extended Stretch 1 (since Franny didn't cool me down after the hi/lo )

Yesterday:
STS Meso 3, Disc 35 (Plyo Legs)

Today:
STS Meso 3, Disc 36 (Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps)

I did it! I completed STS today (my first ever rotation, after dropping out of Chalean Extreme last year). It's been a tough 3.5 months, but worth the increased strength and muscle. There was lots of variety within the 36 discs, although Meso 3 was a little bit repetitive (but that's due to the focus on measured strength gains using the same exercises for four weeks). I'm ready to take a break from a planned rotation for a little while--mostly shopping my collection--my favorite DVDs mixed in with new-to-me ones.

Sandra, thanks for starting us off this week! "Groundhot Day" is now our official Mat Mavens inside joke. Those are some great step totals.

Paine: I personally think the Super Bowl is overrated (just my opinion), but some people treat it like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Beth: I'm glad you're getting some temp help. That black bean brownie recipe looks yummy!

Carolyn: The bookstore has slowed down, thank goodness. I started billing yesterday, but there's a few snags with one of the accounts. (It's not my fault; it's where it has to be billed on a separate network.)

Gayle: Congrats to the Chiefs!

The formal bookstore assistant manager (who had the position before me) texted me yesterday, and wanted to surprise the manager by coming to visit. I was off, but wanted the little reunion to happen. So she bought us breakfast, then we talked for a good while about what's happened the past couple of months. She got a job at a local pharmacy, and told us about the craziness that has been going on.

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 09:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, great news on finishing and great new avatar!

Sandra, Jenni often talks about how the word "unsafe" gets thrown around a lot by yoga teachers...and yet our bodies are pretty resilient to moving in lots of different ways.

I did another practice from the Jenni Rawlings site today, but this one was with a guest teacher, Francesca. I really liked it--it was a slow, full-hour practice focusing on the thoracic spine.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-05-20, 09:46 PM  
Anny

Congrats on finishing STS, Garrie!