Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-04-20, 11:21 AM  
gjv

Hi everyone!

I did Leslie's 3 Mile Fast and Fun Walk this morning.

Cold, cloudy and windy today. Boo to February!
Old 02-04-20, 11:39 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, DH & I are baseball fans too. Cloudy here too!

Paine, sorry about the poor sleep.

Hope everyone is otherwise doing well this week!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 12:06 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Strong & Limber for Life: all upper body work plus quads, calves and inner thigh

Beth! I didn't know you were a baseball fan!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 12:31 PM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Gayle, DH & I are baseball fans too. Cloudy here too!

Paine, sorry about the poor sleep.

Hope everyone is otherwise doing well this week!
I'm scared to ask! Who is your favorite team?
Old 02-04-20, 12:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjv View Post
I'm scared to ask! Who is your favorite team?
Don't be too scared...it's not the Yankess ore the Mets!
(Although, as an aside, the Mets were a World Series team in 1986, my first year of college. That was back when everyone watched TV communally, and there were a lot of people from MY/Mets fans at my college, so I did get swept up onto the bandwagon then.)

I grew up in Southern NJ; contrary to popular belief, this area is 1) very different from North NJ and not at all like Jersey Shore, and 2) a suburb of Philadelphia, not New York City. The Eagles are big there, but I always preferred baseball and was a Phillies fan throughout my childhood. Their World Series win (in 1980, when I was 12) was huge!!! I also got to go to one of the games of their 1983 World Series (which they lost).

(As a second aside, virtually everyone in my extended family is a HUGE Eagles fan! I always remember football as being part of our Thanksgivings when I was growing up. My mom's two brothers were always especially big fans, so it was kind of a hoot when one of my cousins married the son of a famous Eagles player from the late 70s/early 80s, Howard Carmicheal. He was actually at Thanksgiving with us this year, and DH loved talking to him. He is the nicest guy and just made the football HOF.)

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-04-20, 02:17 PM  
gjv

Okay so while I am relieved that you aren't a Yankees or Red Sox fan, I have to say that the Phillies won against my ROYALS in that 1980 World Series! I would have been 14 and I was devastated!

But we'll get along just fine! Ha!

That's too cool about the Eagles. And I actually like the Mets!
Old 02-04-20, 03:21 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard Unplugged 1912, followed by Classical Stretch 902. I just *loved* both of these episodes! After bailing on the 30-Day Challenge and all the connective tissue chit-chat, CS Season 9 is reminding me why I fell in love with CS/Essentrics.

Cold here, too (well, cold for us) but skies are crystal clear!

Beth: Wonderful story re Mr. Carmichael! I was lucky enough to see a World Series game when the Oakland A's played the LA Dodgers in 1974. I was attending Mills College in Oakland. Six of us went in together on two bleacher seats for the three-game home stand. I think each person's share was $4.00 (believe it or not!). Two of us went to each game. The A's won all three games (after splitting the first two in LA), taking the series in Game 5. Reggie Jackson played right field. The national anthem was sung by Anita Bryant!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 03:33 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, it was a great series! And the Phillies NCLS against the Astros was awesome too. I just recently looked up this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjMFdNN2ZEs

Sandra, my friend's father worked for NBC (or CBS?), so he got a lot of free baseball tickets. I went to a lot of games with them, probably mostly in the 1982-83 range. So I didn't pay anything for my WS tickets!

I actually only half-finished my first message...I am no longer a Phillies fan! DH grew up watching the Atlanta Braves (because they were always on TBS back then), and over time, I slow converted with him. Although I started becoming a Braves fan by around 1991 (DH lived with me that summer, and we were both very into the whole season, including the playoffs), I was a little torn in 1993, when the Phillies played the Braves. I was living in Philly going to grad school at that time...I was rooting for the Braves in the in end, but the Phillies won, and of course that was huge there too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-04-20, 07:25 PM  
YogaGal

On the workout front:
Saturday: Total Body workout from Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong 3 and Rodney Yee's Forward Bends set from A.M. Yoga
Monday: Jessica Smith’s Stride and Step from Burn Fat & Have Fun along with a short yoga, “Immune Invigorator” from RaviAna’s House Call.
Tuesday: KCM’s Build & Burn’s Kettlebells Only premix and RaviAna’s Boot Camp, Yoga Flow Part 1.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off with “Groundhot Day.” It was appropriate for the Phoenix area as we had an unusually hot Super Bowl Sunday. But a cold front rolled in on Monday and last night we had to cover a lot of our plants to avoid freeze damage. It was about 31 degrees at 7 am this morning. Your 49ers played a good game on Sunday in spite of not coming out on top.

cyana:Your batch veggie cooking sounds yummy. I get several Frontier spices, but hadn’t heard of the Tumeric Twist. My current spice obsession is Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning; it is a mix of sesame seeds with some garlic and onion and lightly salted. Great on broccoli, slaw, avocado toast, potatoes, and popcorn.

Gayle: Congrats to your Chiefs! It was an entertaining game, pretty evenly matched. Good offense and defense on both teams. KC has waited a LONG time for another SB win, so I’m happy for them and their fans.

Beth: I was so glad to read that you are getting a temp counselor to help out at work! I have always wanted to make black bean brownies, but haven’t summoned the nerve yet. Plus I don’t bake a lot as I usually focus my cooking time on main dishes and veggies. My sweet treats are a few squares of a good dark chocolate and Trader Joe’s Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies.

Paine: Sorry for the poor night’s sleep. Hope last night was better. I also like both the Groundhog Day movie and the SB commercial. Funny stuff!

Anny: I have started marking quizzes for the exercise science class I co-teach. A student submitted an article about unilateral and bilateral squats; and here I always called them one-legged squats and regular squats. Apparently the research showed certain advantages to the unilateral squat version. Good luck with the YWA Home 30 Challenge; I seldom can do rotations because life gets in the way. I sometimes do as you are; I just get to them when I get to them.

Garrie: Hope all is going well at the bookstore this week. I’m glad you got Kelly’s Strong & Lean; I don’t think I’ve tried that one yet myself.
Old 02-04-20, 09:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, the black bean brownie recipe I use is from Chocolate Covered Katie. I have served them to people who don't like "healthy" recipes and they never know! I made everyone guess the secret ingredient this time and no one could figure it out.

Follow me @YogiBethC