Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-20, 09:42 AM  
gjv

First off, cyana, I am in agreement with you regarding winter! Woke up to more snow and ice. I'm missing my outside walks!

Beth, thank you! I wish I did more cool workouts like the rest of you. I've never done yoga and I've never worked out barefoot! I always liked to lurk on this thread because you all seemed so fun and interesting!

Sandra, so glad you're enjoying the Unplugged dvds!

I did do a Healthy U workout. It was called Walk and Tone to the Max. It was deceptively simple. 5 minutes of walking and then 5 minutes of toning for 40 minutes. I used 5lbs but on some things I'll use 8s next time. Chris's instruction was geared more towards beginners, but the actual work was pretty tough if you used the right amount of weight.
Old 01-22-20, 10:46 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, you've never worked out barefoot? I think we have to kick you out of the checkin! It seems like you do a lot of the same things that the rest of use do. You have probably done yoga without realizing it since so many yoga poses pop up in other workouts! That new workout sounds fun.

cyana, it doesn't take me long to be tired of winter. December was actually okay here, and January hasn't been too bad, but we have at least another 2 months to go! (March is often awful here, not spring-like at all. )

Happy Hump Day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 12:07 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beauty to the Bone (Program A: all upper body work; Program B: Deltoids, Back and Calves)

Beth and Gayle, I always workout barefoot unless I'm using sliding discs (which I seldom use).

Anny, wow you're having a heat wave!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 02:43 PM  
Anny

Paine we are! It will be 42 degrees Celsius in the suburb of Sydney I am at for work today (about 113 degrees Fahrenheit) but only 37 degrees at home as we are near the harbour and it is cooler in summer.

Like you, I also only workout barefoot, but we have carpet in our apartment so that cushions any high impact (which I don’t really do at the moment).

Gayle I really like the sound of that walking and weights workout
Old 01-22-20, 03:22 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Today's Workout: Made it to Day 10 of the current Essentrics Health Challenge, where I got to repeat the Rebalance Your Connective Tissue routine from Essentrics Aging Backwards Connective Tissue Workouts. This was the designed routine for Days 1, 2 and 3, and it is scheduled at least two more times. In her Facebook post today Miranda says she wants us to notice the changes in our bodies each time we do it. Still, although I do like the routine, I felt some dread pulling it out again. Am very much looking forward to Essentrics Barre with Sahra tomorrow! Earlier this morning I got in a 2-mile outdoor walk. My body has asked for a day off from weights.

Gayle: You've never worked out barefoot!? That's all right -- we still love you anyway. I still put on shoes for some of my cardio routines (and of course for outdoor walks), but am moving to barefoot more and more, especially in warm weather.

Anny: Wow, that is quite a heat wave! Do your best to stay cool and safe.

Beth: I asked my niece if she would be interested in making yoga teaching more of a profession (for example, opening a studio) but she too noted it is difficult for such folks to earn a living. She is teaching yoga now since (1) it is a marketable skill she could draw on after her breakup, and (2) she is her own boss -- she has told me she doesn't want to have a conventional job ever again (and she has worked since she was 15).

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 07:09 PM  
gjv

Anny, these are the dvds I bought. She does have streaming but I'm not sure what the cost is.

https://www.gethealthyutv.com/produc...endar-program/

https://www.gethealthyutv.com/produc...endar-program/
Old 01-22-20, 07:11 PM  
gjv

Not sure what workout I'm doing tomorrow, but I just might do it barefoot!
Old 01-22-20, 09:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjv View Post
Not sure what workout I'm doing tomorrow, but I just might do it barefoot!
LOL Gayle--good for you for being willing to experiment!

Sandra, it's good that teaching yoga is working for your niece. If she adds real estate too eventually, that might be a nice little combo that's lucrative and fun too.

Anny, wow that is HOT. How has your leg been doing?

Paine, how did the house showing go?

I found a funny for today! This particularly made me laugh because earlier today, I listened to a podcast featuring Bernie Clark talking about how yin yoga stresses the various parts of the body.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-23-20, 09:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Thursday! I just did a great neck & shoulders practice at my desk, I think that was recommended by cyana:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTJ...-&index=2&t=4s

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-23-20, 12:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Lower Body Workout #1
10 Minute PLANK CHALLENGE with Sydney Cummings on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xItNniMRmG8

The YouTube plank segment I did today was challenging but doable. It was a worthwhile plant workout.

Anny, I have carpet in the room where I workout so that's probably why I workout barefoot all the time. I wouldn't workout barefoot if I was on concrete or a hard floor--I think my feet would get too cold on a hard floor and that would be a distraction to my workout.

Gayle, those Freytag workouts look good! Thank you for posting the link to them.

Beth, I'm LOL at your comic!
I'll have to try that neck/shoulders practice that you and Cyana mentioned. When I have neck problems, my favorite practice is Yoga In The Garden of Serenity.
No offers on the house yet.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote